From: Herbs Area: Magical Plants To: Phanerothyme 7 Feb 94 17:17:16 Subject: question Shrooms?? UpdReq Yah thats what I figured , no I don't thinnk the penalty is quite that stiff, I mean hell were in oklahoma , in late april and early may shrooms grow wild all over just kick a cow paddy , I had just recently seen an article on spore kits and the article said something to the nature that it was somehow {legal}. That why I asked about mature shrooms, if you can buy spores legally why would the mushroom itself be illegal? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Herbs Area: Magical Plants To: Xxoo 7 Feb 94 17:24:38 Subject: question Shrooms?? UpdReq Yes , but say you had picked up oh say 2 or 3 ozs. of shrooms (purple collar) and were on your way to the college and for somme reason were searched by police and the mushroomms were found is it a felony? (in Oklahoma) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Phanerothyme Area: Magical Plants To: Herbs 8 Feb 94 05:30:10 Subject: question Shrooms?? UpdReq HH> That why I asked about mature shrooms, if HH>you can buy spores legally why would the mushroom itself be illegal? Spores contain no p3. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: Magical Plants To: Phanerothyme 9 Feb 94 09:51:48 Subject: Re: MS UpdReq 93 Phanerothyme, > No I'm not, 'cause now I'm told it cause SEVERE depression that can > last a year. Have you heard of this? I'm waiting for more info, > but the longer I wait, the more degeneration I sustain. This is a > VERY tough call for me - esprcially since it affects the quality of > my life so significantly. From what I understand--I recently researched/wrote an article about BetaSeron and spoke with Berlex researchers, neurologists, and people (at the time) waiting to hear if they'd "won the Lotto" or not, and two local people who were involved with the original clinical trials--the effects can vary widely. I had not heard about severe, lasting depression, but it's certainly possible; the stuff was approved on the fast-track and I'm sure they'll be coming up with new side effects for some time yet. One of the women I spoke with dropped out of the clinical trials, as she felt so physically awful behind the BetaSeron she was willing to forego its possible benefits; other people told me they had never felt better. I know that "flu-like symptoms" are very common...having had some experiences with weird flu strains that were enough to make me welcome the inevitable , that could be reason enough not to take it. I'd still recommend getting on the waiting list with Berlex, as the first three "Stage 2" groups have been allotted, so it'll probably be some time before enough is available to supply "latecomers" anyway. If you don't mind another suggestion for something that might *possibly* help, are you taking (or have you taken) Amantadine (Symmetrel)? I actually came up with that idea on my own, but my neuro seemed to think it was damned smart of me. One of the scientific reps from Berlex told me that one of their theories as to why BetaSeron works, is that Interferon-Beta-1-B has anti-viral properties...that's what the original trials involved, matter of fact; they stumbled on the relapse-reducing stuff accidentally. They come as close to admitting they have no idea how or why it's effective as beaurocrats ever do, but seem to be leaning toward the anti-viral theory--supposedly even a virus so subtle that its effects aren't noticed by the individual can spark a relapse. Amantadine *also* has anti-viral properties, as well as helping with fatigue...I don't know if it's scientifically feasible, but it's not hurting; I'm taking it at the moment. If you've had experience with it before, you'd have a pretty good idea whether it helps you in any way. Strangely, when I was taking Amantadine before, it didn't seem to be 'doing me much good,' but after a long vacation, I'm noticing some positive results. It could be a placebo effect, I suppose, but I doubt it--after almost four years, I think I'm too used to downhill spirals to trick myself to that extent. ;> I'm hesitant to post my phone number in a public echo. When Kayla gets back in town, it would be fine with me if you got my # from her, thru netmail or I-net or whatever, though I'd prefer to set up some kind of general time to voice, as I most definitely have EXTREMELY scattered phases, and I'd like to make sense! Also, supposedly I should have an Internet address soon. I'm always ready to do the activist thang for CNS diseases, although I seriously doubt the government's compassionate dispensations are all that compassionate--they won't even allow marijuana, which has been proven to help with spasticity in controlled scientific studies. Ironic, isn't it? Shove those Benzodiazepines down people's throats instead . Anyway, I'm glad my post didn't come across as preachy *or* rah-rah'ish. I'm mean and stubborn enough to insist on as much quality-of-life as I can get, but the whole thing flat sucks and it's hard not to be fatalistic! I'm not sure how much concrete assistance I could offer you, as I know symptomology and progress of debilitation are very individual, so 'stuff that works' for me might not translate into 'stuff that works' for anyone else, but I'd be more than glad to do what I can. I'll let Kayla know it's OK to give you my address or phone, if there's some way she can get it to you. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718