From: Song Bird Area: MagickNet To: All 23 Aug 97 19:55:28 Subject: PODSCON UpdReq Greetings, all! Moderator, please forgive this posting on this echo - but this info. needs to get out and we need some immediate input if we're going to make this work. I've got a couple of messages to deliver from Pat Haynes regarding PODSCON - she's down at the moment reinstalling Wordstar which she uses as her text editor and was about to deliver the first of these messages when she went down mid-week this past week. a) Jay and Elaine Loveless, who had planned to host PODSCON this year, are experiencing some difficulties that make it impossible for them to do so. Elaine has become quite ill and Jay is working seven days a week to help keep the household going. PODSCON cannot happen in Round Rock this year unless it's unhosted. Additionally, a number of people who thought they might be able to come have had things come up that made it impossible for them to attend. Summary: The Loveless' cannot host PODSCON and attendance expectations have fallen to a mere handful. b) Since it looked like PODSCON needed to be rescheduled, Pat Haynes and I talked it over and did some tactical planning. The following points were mulled over; ----Geographically, the majority of folks who might be able to make a PODS get-together appear to be near the midwest, and the largest body of people reside in or near Kansas City. ----Logically, it seems like a good time for conventions would be during pagan holidays, when rituals can be planned, and deeper associations between people can develop. That thought being followed to it's conclusion, it seems like a Yule get together would be an ideal time. Yule is during the holiday season when most people can get some sort of leave from work, it's during a time when people tend to reach out to be together with people who are dear to them. Conversely, after a conversation with Nythcar, she pointed out that centering the meeting around a Sabbatt (sp?) might be a mistake since some folks are going to want to celebrate with their own groups during that period which would cause attendance to fall. She thought that maybe December 15th might be better, or possibly New Years. And a final point, 16 weeks (the time we have left) is just about enough time to make arrangements for this to happen. c) I've been feeling out a few local folks, and the response has been favorable. Pat Haynes, Puck, and ourselves can make it. Elaine *might* be able to come depending on her condition. Add to that all the folks who are centered around Kansas City and things begin to look possible. Lady Shyra, Rev, Paul and Max Seymour, Starwyn, Merry, Caliope are all near that area - though I haven't touched base with them yet - hopefully Pat will have managed some of that list. TJ is willing to come, transportation wiling - and Nythcar would be able to make it if it's held at a time other than a Sabbatt. There are many more that I haven't had the time to contact yet, Irv Koch, Ed Tillman, Starwitch, Sandra Price, and many more, and I'd like to hear from all of you. I think that we have a really pro-active group and we can manage to get around almost any difficulty with enough communication. Now - with all that out on the table, I'd like to get some feedback from folks, just to see what they think and perhaps get some new input. Song Bird 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718