From: Rain Area: MagickNet To: Desperado 26 May 97 22:20:30 Subject: learning the basics UpdReq DE->Am wondering the correct way to put energy into candles...And then using DE->themm for a better purpose, let;s for example use a candle for a love DE->spell you would want to cast on someone....How would you go about doing DE->it with candles.... If you were most of us here, you wouldn't. Casting a love spell on a particular person, as opposed to casting a spell to draw a good relationship into your life with whoever is meant for you, is considered unethical by the majority of Pagans. That's because it's an attempt to interfere covertly with another person's free will... something I doubt you'd like if it were done to you. DE->features on yourself....Can it be done....Like for those of you who saw DE->the movie "The Craft", the girl changed her hair from brown to DE->blonde...Is that possible with candles... It isn't possible with any spell I know of; go buy a box of L'Oreal, and forget what you saw in "The Craft". There were a few true things in it, but also a lot of pure Hollywood, and it takes some knowledge to sort all that out. Trust me, if magick could reliably be made to do things that flashy, we'd all go on the stage and get rich. :) You might consider doing some reading about Paganism before you go any further with trying to learn spellcraft. There are some basic skills, procedures, safeguards and ethical rules that are very, very important to keep you from hurting yourself or someone else, and it's also important to dos some thinking about *why* you want to learn magick, and how it will change your life and your psyche. (It will, you know, in ways I doubt you can presently imagine.) Here are some good beginner's books that are easy to find: Scott Cunningham, THE TRUTH ABOUT WITCHCRAFT TODAY " " WICCA: A GUIDE FOR THE SOLITARY PRACITIONER Silver RavenWolf, TO RIDE A SILVER BROOMSTICK (workbook) Starhawk, THE SPIRAL DANCE --- OLX 2.1 TD If there were only one God, She'd have an ulcer by now. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718