From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Shabaa 19 Apr 97 06:24:26 Subject: Re: Solitaries? Darker Side o UpdReq On Apr 08 21:08 97, Shabaa of 93:9180/14 wrote: >> Actually, it's the Active (Male) that is usually associated with Light. >> Light radiates outwards and is dynamic. Passive (Female) is associated >> Dark. Dark is engulfing, receptive, etc. The Sun- Male. The Moon- >> Female. >> Nither is all-inclusive, of course. Everything is Dual (and actually >> Triple). But, that's the basic assignment. S> Makes perfect sense to me IMHO.... Thanks for the anology! No prob! ;) Blessed Be, may The Lord and Lady guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: The Storyteller 19 Apr 97 06:25:56 Subject: Re: Worlock? UpdReq On Apr 04 11:22 97, The Storyteller of 93:9607/0 wrote: K>>> Frankly, I wear lables like I do hats. If I'm speaking to others into the K>>> "Dark" side of things, I'm a Dark Pagan and Demonologist. In other cases K>>> I' a Ceremonial Magickian (or Wizard), an Angelologist, a Wiccan Priest, a K>>> Discordian, a Goth, a Hebraic Pagan, a History buff, an Enochian scholar K>>> and Mage, a practitioner of Egyptian Magick, a practicioner of Babylonian K>>> Magick a practitioner of Golden Dawn Magick, a practitioner of Grimoiric K>>> Magick, et etc. TS> My, you have more labels than a grocery store! :) Tell me about it. ;) TS> Maybe you can help me find some info on some of these other things other TS> than Gardnerian Wicca? That seems to be the only thing out there in print TS> because it is the softest of all the Magick, and it's only Outer Court TS> stuff, so it's extremely weak. Uhhhhhh....I think you need to rethink that stance. Gardnerian Wicca is not "outer court", "soft", or "extremely weak". Gardnerian Wicca is a Religious Faith, and the Magick they use (a cross between Ceremonial Magick and WitchCraft) is not weak at all. However, the material you have been reading is most certainly weak and soft. That is because 99.99999% of anything you can find on the subject is written by those who have no clue what they are talking about- or at least have a personal agenda other than giving good information. Also, I'm not sure where you are looking to think that Gardnerian Wicca is the only thing out there in print. There are tons of books on Ceremonial Magick, WitchCraft, High Magick, Low Magick, Magicks from different cultures, etc. Your best bet- especially if you want something extremely powerful- is to get Don Kraig's "Modern Magick" and follow the lessons therein. Don won't steer you wrong, and he'll teach you well. ;) TS> I know I have to develop myself magickally TS> first, but once I am ready to move on, I would like there to be some TS> options out there I can actually FIND! :) If you chose to become a Ceremonial/Grimoiric Wizard, there are plenty of books available about the Golden Dawn, Grimoires, etc, et. TS> I'm eclectic and really don't care for this God/Goddess stuff because I see TS> a much larger spectrum of gods/goddesses out there that are wanting to be TS> invoked as well. (I mean, if you were up there in the Astral with nothing TS> to do but watch a woman dressed in moonbeams and a hairy guy with horns TS> getting all the attention, wouldn't you get a bit jealous? ;) ) Most Wiccans (in my experience) believe in all Gods and Goddesses. The Wiccan Theology states that all of the various Gods and Goddesses are simply aspects of a single Lord and Lady. Most of us have Patron Gods we deal with (my own are Yahweh and Asherah- plus there are many many other Gods I work with in my Rites). Unlike most Wiccans, though, I do see the Gods as seperate and individual Beings unto Themselves. TS> I would TS> be very happy if I could get some reading material for after my magickal TS> "basic training" is established from the Outer Court of Wicca. Thanks. Again- Wicca is not a system of Magick. It is a Religion. If you do not wish to become a Wiccan, then do not study (ie- practice) that Path. Wicca is not the "outer court" to Magick. I think you would be most happy with Don Kraig's book- he teaches you all the basics (banishing, invoking, etc), and then goes on to Talisman Charging and Summoning Spirits- and beyond. Blessed Be. -The Light which shines in Darkness, yet the Darkness comprehendeth It not. -Rejoice, for behold, all acts of Love and Pleasure are My rituals. Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718