From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Kandilokai Ach Ishte 8 Mar 97 08:44:06 Subject: Solitaries? Darker Side o UpdReq On Mar 01 23:26 97, Kandilokai Ach Ishte of 93:9740/2 wrote: KAI> K=>There is also the Darker aspects of High Magick- where you face the KAI> Shadows of Existance and bond with, bind, or defeat them. The "Goetia" is KAI> K=>partly about facing the Shadows, the "Sacred Magick of Abramelin the KAI> K=>Mage" ends with a binding of the Evil Forces (and then uses Demons in KAI> K=>it's regular Magickal practice), etc, etc. KAI> Please remember, Kephera that I am not Wiccan. Many of these things that KAI> you have mentioned are meaningless references to me, Heh....none of those were Wiccan. ;) Both the "Goetia" and "The Sacred Magick..." are classical Grimoires. Right up there with the "Key of Solomon the King". KAI> K=>Who, in your opinion, is the Warrior Mage protecting? Must he be a KAI> Demon Hunter and exorcist? Or do you see Higher purposes? KAI> Why must a warrior necessarily be considered a mage? No he needn't be a He doesn't have to be. I was refering specifically to Warrior Mages. KAI> daemon hunter, a daemon has the right to exist, until he tries to exist at KAI> the expense of one of mine or one who seeks my aid (directly or KAI> indirectly)). Then, yes, I will fight him. The purpose of the warrior is KAI> to protect those that are in need from that which would harm them. Thus, What, then, if the person is in need of the harm? It's no secret that the Universe throws trials by fire at us to strengthen and temper us. How do you know when you should stop what is happening? KAI> Thus my creedo: KAI> Do not hold when speech is sufficient KAI> Do not hit when holding is sufficient KAI> Do not hurt when hitting is sufficient KAI> Do not injure when hurting is sufficient Do not maim when injuring is KAI> sufficient Do not kill when maiming is sufficient Do not destroy when KAI> killing is sufficient This puts us back to the above: there are a lot of "if"s in what you say there. How do you go about determining the "if"s? Blessed Be, may The Lord and Lady guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718