From: Kandilokai Ach Ishte Area: MagickNet To: Shabaa 1 Mar 97 23:14:00 Subject: Solitaries? Darker Side o UpdReq =>> One must believe in good to believe in evil. Without good as a S=>> counterbalance, one could have no judgement of that which is evil, S=>> methinks.. Same with light and dark... As for grey, yes, I believe that S=>> there are varying shades between the two sides. (There are things that S=>> are heavy and things that are light, but some things are heavier that S=>> others.. i.e. compared to a bowling ball, a basketball is light, but S=>> when you compare the basketball to beach ball, it is the basketball that S=>> is heavy. Is this not so?) S=>So basically above you agreed....Correct?<> I basically agreed above, except that I do not view what many refer to as deities as such. To me there are certainly beings that are spiritually my better, and far beyond my simple understanding. To me, however, they are no more deities than I am to a cave man who sees me light a fire with a pocket lighter, or sees me fly overhead on a hang-glider (as if any would actually see me do so!) S=>> What would you define as dark magick? As compared to light magick? I S=>> tend to think of light magick as works that are defensive or benign in S=>> nature such as sight, and healing, and shielding, and so on. (kind of S=>> like stepping out of the way of a blow before a guy hits you, putting a S=>> bandaid on a scrape that you got building a wall to protect your innocent S=>> ones.) Dark majick I would tend to define as more offensive types of S=>> works, such as binding, purging, striking. > who is trying to hit you before he can hit you, or blocking his punch and S=>> then hitting back, or drawing your sword and chasing him away to protect S=>> your innocent ones. S=>I use whatever is neccesary at the time to achieve the end goal whether it b S=>passive(light) or active forceful(dark). It seems that we agree here, though I generally think of them as active and passive. Calling active "Dark" and passive "Light" assumes that taking action is a bad thing. I do not believe that at all. S=>> It sounds to me, from what you tell me... (Perhaps I read too much into S=>> your comment about protecting yourself and those who cannot protect S=>> themselves, but even promoting your own growth points to this) that you S=>> are not so much as dark practitioner as you may think. It sounds to me S=>I think you did not have all the info you needed to make an assessment, but S=>you may have enough now to reconsider a bit.... I have given you more to wor S=>with, you asked the right question IMHO! So far, I think I still have the same assessment. You do what it takes to get the job done. You are assertive in that you will get the job done by whatever means are appropriate and necessary. I'm still uncertain why you refer to it as dark? I do the same things to get the job done, and to protect those that are in my charge (among others that are not necessarily directly in my charge) but I do not consider myself a dark practitioner. I am simply a warrior, and a warrior must use all that is at his means to accomplish his victory for whatever reason he feels he must win. S=>> magick, or innocent of the world, but innocent of the warriors way, and S=>> the battles the warrior will fight.) Without such innocents as healers, S=>> the warrior cannot stay fit for battle. Without such innocents as seers, S=>> the warrior cannot well know where the battle is, and how best to fight S=>> it. Often the warrior is misunderstood, and seen as a brute, who knows S=>> nothing except how to fight. Remember this. Without the Warrior, there S=>> would be no people, but without people there would be no reason for the S=>> Warrior. S=>Agreement in complete! So I am still confused, nay even more so, as to why you consider this a dark path. What you do many must do for the sake of all. Iradi! Kandilokai Ach Ishte --- * OLXWin 1.00b * Never anger a dragon, for you taste good char-broiled! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kandilokai Ach Ishte Area: MagickNet To: Khephera 1 Mar 97 23:26:00 Subject: Solitaries? Darker Side o UpdReq K=>On Feb 11 22:46 97, Kandilokai Ach Ishte of 93:9740/2 wrote: K=>KAI> Dark majick I would tend to define as more offensive types of works, su h K=>KAI> as binding, purging, striking. KAI> trying to hit you before he can hit you, or blocking his punch and then K=>KAI> hitting back, or drawing your sword and chasing him away to protect you K=>KAI> innocent ones. K=>There is also the Darker aspects of High Magick- where you face the Shadows fK=>Existance and bond with, bind, or defeat them. The "Goetia" is partly about K=>facing the Shadows, the "Sacred Magick of Abramelin the Mage" ends with a K=>binding of the Evil Forces (and then uses Demons in it's regular Magickal K=>practice), etc, etc. Please remember, Kephera that I am not Wiccan. Many of these things that you have mentioned are meaningless references to me, though I am likely familiar with many or all of them by different terminology (probably my own, since most of what I do is from practical knowledge, and not from anything I read or was taught. I had to stumble blindly for a number of years, unfortunately to come to much of my understanding, and while I often find similarities when someone explains an unfamiliar term, to one of my own, I still do not recognise many of them, since my terms generally just say what they do, if that makes any sense.) I don't mean this to be insulting in any way, as many of my friends are Wiccan, or Wiccan based. It is generally a point of humor between us that they can talk right over my head, only to find out when I have them explain the term they use that I know exactly what they are talking about, and have known of the same things for years. K=>KAI> battles the warrior will fight.) Without such innocents as healers, th K=>KAI> warrior cannot stay fit for battle. Without such innocents as seers, t eK=>KAI> warrior cannot well know where the battle is, and how best to fight it. K=>KAI> Often the warrior is misunderstood, and seen as a brute, who knows K=>nothing K=>KAI> except how to fight. K=>What about the Warrior who knows how to do all of the above? The Eastern K=>Fighting Styles stress just this concept. Yes, there is a lot of that in my own work. I have studied many of the far eastern schools, and even read Musashi, (though I find his one-true- wayism rather haughty and narrow. He failed to recognise that he was undefeated because he was extremely gifted, not because he had found the only way.) I can heal myself at need, but it is not my particular gift, and difficult at best in the midst of a pitched battle. Better if I can resist the hurt and continue. The healer who I protect is more adept at fixing me when it is safe to do so. I can spy out trouble if I need to, but I am more likely to be seen or not see enough than if I send a spy in. Better *for me* if I have someone adept at spying check out the scene so I can plan the battle without missing any details. It allows me to spend all of my practice time honing my battle and tactical skills. For some this is not the best way, but for me it works best. One who can do all themselves are rare, but I have to ask myself, what do they fight for? Who do they protect? Other than themselves? K=>KAI> Remember this. Without the Warrior, there would be K=>KAI> no people, but without people there would be no reason for the Warrior. K=>Who, in your opinion, is the Warrior Mage protecting? Must he be a Demon K=>Hunter and exorcist? Or do you see Higher purposes? Why must a warrior necessarily be considered a mage? No he needn't be a daemon hunter, a daemon has the right to exist, until he tries to exist at the expense of one of mine or one who seeks my aid (directly or indirectly)). Then, yes, I will fight him. The purpose of the warrior is to protect those that are in need from that which would harm them. Thus, rather than fighting off the harmful, they can spend their time on the tasks that they have chosen for their advancement. I don't find myself running around looking for things to pick fights with. I only fight when I must. Thus my creedo: Do not hold when speech is sufficient Do not hit when holding is sufficient Do not hurt when hitting is sufficient Do not injure when hurting is sufficient Do not maim when injuring is sufficient Do not kill when maiming is sufficient Do not destroy when killing is sufficient Iradi! Kandilokai Ach Ishte --- * OLXWin 1.00b * Dragon? BIG worm, hot breath, wings... you know! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718