From: Balanone Area: MagickNet To: Shabaa 13 Jan 97 20:13:20 Subject: Worlock? UpdReq * Original message posted in: magicknet. * Crossposted in: NETMAIL. * Reply to a message in wicca, posted in Magicknet since it's not on-topic in the WICCA echo, also sent to Shabaa netmail in case she doesn't get the Magicknet echo. Shabaa -- I can pull in just about any PODS echo which would be appropriate for this discussion, if you don't receive Magicknet. Or we can discuss it in Netmail if that's an option for you. On Jan 12, 1997, Shabaa wrote to Khephera re: Re: Basic Tenets of Wicca M> The Craft (Witchcraft - NOT to be confused with Satanism. A true M> Witch has nothing to do with this, even though there are some M> Satanists M> who (unrightfully) call themselves "Witch".) K> There are many legitimate Satanic Witches. Apparently the author of K> this text is yet another person under the impression that ever Witch K> has to be Wiccan. S> THANK you! Well put :-) K> Thanks. I'm Wiccan, but that doesn't mean I like ignorance. :) S> You are more than welcome. I personally know several (what I like to S> call), Darkside Witches and Worlocks. It appears "YOU" are far from S> ignorant :-) Yes, Kephera is well-studied and knowledgeable about many branches of modern Paganism besides his own. His online posts are always well-considered and sound. You use the term "Worlocks" above. Is this an intentional spelling, or is it a misspelling of "Warlocks?" I know several darkside pagans also, and while several call themselves Warlocks, none uses the Worlock spelling. Some consider "Warlock" to be an evil term, "oath-breaker" and worse. Others consider Warlock to simple be "male witch." Do your friends have alternative meanings they use? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718