From: The Guild Master Area: MagickNet To: Chris Roedocker 3 Nov 96 08:05:08 Subject: Re: Magic UpdReq -=> Raving like a madman, Chris Roedocker screamed to Khephera <=- Hi Chris, Just thought I would Hop in here. These are my opinions and may or may not match yours. (disclaimers made here and all that legal stuff about not doing things that you see others do unless your qualified & all that crud) (here, try it and see if you are qualified! If it works, you are. If it doesn't, keep trying till you are.) (*grin*) cute loop, isn't it? CR> little I Don't know where to start. I guess I want to know what it CR> takes to do a spell. I know the star-thing that the Jews use has It takes will and focus to do a spell. As to the star of david, all that is is a symbol and it is used to help focus by some. CR> something to do with it.... What is a simple spell? Were would be a Depends on your definition of magic and spell. With some, the ability to calm the mind and totally relax can be a spell of great power and need. CR> good source of more info. What are some of the religous aspects. I CR> can do this stuff withotu my parents finding out? Well, one of the NON-religious aspects that you may look into is called Chi Kung. It is oriental, and often what is used in Tai Chi and the like. It is using the bodies internal energies to effect change, and normally is pretty much body based, although it can be a good stepping stone to explore the other areas of magic type stuff. (*grin*) Just start looking around and see if you can find a Kung-Fu School or instructor around that teaches Chi Kung. You may find one. If you don't, look into a few books by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming about Tai Chi and Chi Kung. All it will look like is that you are practicing Kung Fu, and your parents won't be too freaked about that, and you will auctually be learning self-defence, exercising, and calling up all the energy you can in plain sight withoug them knowing. (*grin*) Fair bit of warning in schools though. There are many Chi paths in the body, and I know that some people don't have a through understanding of them and yet try to pass themselves off as a knowlegeable instructor of Chi Kung. (*shuffling around on H/D*) Here is a bit of a tutorial that can start you off on it that I typed up a long time ago with the aid of a couple of Dr. Yang's books. (I have other info as well, but unable to share all of it due to promises) If you have a question, then please ask. ___----------------------------------------- Tables for the 12 Channels of Chi Kung Path Characteristics Organ Time Month ___--------------------------------------------------------- Arm Channels ___-------------------------------------------------------- Tai Yin Strong Yin Lungs 3-5AM Feb Shao Yin Most Yin/ Some Yang Heart 11-1PM June Jue Yin Exhausted Yin 2 channels meet Pericadium 7-9PM Oct Tai Yang Strong Young Yang Small Intestine 1-3PM July Shao Yang Deteriorated Yang Triple Burner 9-11PM Nov Yang Ming Extreme Yang Large Intestine 1-3AM Jan ___-------------------------------------------------------- Leg Channels ----------------------------------------------------------- Tai Yin Strong Yin Spleen 9-11AM May Shao Yin Most Yin/Some Yang Kidneys 5-7PM Sept Jue Yin Exhausted Yin 2 channels meet Liver 1-3AM Jan Tai Yang Strong Young Yang Bladder 3-5PM Aug Shao Yang Deteriorated Yang Gall Bladder 11-1AM Dec Yang Ming Extreme Yang Stomach 7-9AM Apr Notes Regarding the Tables When a month is listed, It means from the middle of that month to the middle of the next month. Either the 15th or 16th depending on the month. (14th in February) Terminology Tai - Greater Shao - Lesser Jue - Absolute Ming - Brightness ___----------------------------------------- 8 Extraordinary Vessels 1 Governing Vessel 2 Conception Vessel 3 Thrusting Vessel 4 Girdle Vessel 5 Yang Heel Vessel 6 Yin Heel Vessel 7 Yang Linking Vessel 8 Yin Linking Vessel ___------------------------------------------ Paired Organs Yin Organs Yang Organs Phase Represented Lungs Large Intestine Metal Spleen Stomach Earth Heart Small Intestine Fire (Sovereign) Kidneys Urinary Bladder Water Pericardium Triple Burner Fire (Ministerial) Liver Gall Bladder Wood ___------------------------------------------ The 12 Channels of Chi +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ | Path Arm Tai Yin | Phase Metal | | | Direction West | | Energy Strong Yin | Season Autumn | | | Climate Dry | | Organ Lungs | Color White | | | Taste Pungent | | Time 3:00 - 5:00 am | Odor Rank | | | Emotion Sadness | | Month Feb. | Sound Weeping | +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ This channel starts at the top of the chest, runs down the inside of the arm, ending at the thumb. +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ | Path Arm Shao Yin | Phase Fire | | | Direction Southerly | | Energy Most Yin \ | Season Summer | | Some Yang | Climate Heat | | Organ Heart | Color Red | | | Taste Bitterness | | Time 11:00am - 1:00 pm | Odor Burning | | | Emotion Happiness | | Month June | Sound Laughter | +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ This channel starts at the armpit, runs down the inside of the arm, ending in the little finger Arm Jue Yin This channel starts at the chest, runs up the chest, down the middle of the inner arm, ending at the middle finger. +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ | Path Arm Tai Yang | Phase Fire | | | Direction Southerly | | Energy Strong, Young Yang | Season Summer | | | Climate Heat | | Organ Small Intestine | Color Red | | | Taste Bitterness | | Time 1:00 - 3:00 pm | Odor Burning | | | Emotion Happiness | | Month July | Sound Laughter | +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ This channel begins at the little finger, runs up the outside of the arm, behind the shoulder, across the neck, ending at the front of the ear. Arm Shao Yang This channel starts at the tip or the ring finger, runs up the the outside of the arm, around the shoulder, over the ear, ending at the outside of the eyebrow. +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ | Path Arm Yang Ming | Phase Metal | | | Direction West | | Energy Extreme Yang | Season Autumn | | | Climate Dry | | Organ Large Intestine | Color White | | | Taste Pungent | | Time 1:00 - 3:00 am | Odor Rank | | | Emotion Sadness | | Month Jan | Sound Weeping | +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ This channel starts at the tip of the index finger, runs up the outside of the arm, ending at the nose. +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ | Path Leg Tai Yin | Phase Earth | | | Direction Central | | Energy Strong Yin | Season Long Summer | | | Climate Dampness | | Organ Spleen | Color Yellow | | | Taste Sweetness | | Time 9:00 - 11:00 am | Odor Fragrant | | | Emotion Pensiveness | | Month May | Sound Singing | +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ This channel beginns at the tip of the big toe, runs up the inside of the leg, ending at the top of the chest. +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ | Path Leg Shao Yin | Phase Water | | | Direction Southery | | Energy Mostly Yin / | Season Winter | | Some Yang | Climate Cold | | Organ Kidneys | Color Black | | | Taste Salt | | Time 5:00 - 7:00 pm | Odor Rotten | | | Emotion Fear | | Month Sept | Sound Groaning | +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ this channes starts at the little toe, runs up the inside of the leg, ending at the collarbone. +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ | Path Leg Jue Yin | Phase Wood | | | Direction East | | Energy Exhausted Yin / | Season Spring | | 2 Channels Meet | Climate Wind | 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: The Guild Master Area: MagickNet To: Chris Roedocker 3 Nov 96 08:05:08 Subject: 2 Re: Magic UpdReq | Organ Liver | Color Green | | | Taste Sour | | Time 1:00 - 3:00 am | Odor Goatish | | | Emotion Anger | | Month Jan | Sound Shouting | +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ This channel starts on the outside of the big toe, runs up the inside of the leg, and ends at the nipple +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ | Path Leg Tai Yang | Phase Water | | | Direction Southery | | Energy Strong, Young Yang | Season Winter | | | Climate Cold | | Organ Urinary Bladder | Color Black | | | Taste Salt | | Time 3:00 - 5:00 pm | Odor Rotten | | | Emotion Fear | | Month Aug | Sound Groaning | +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ the channel atarts at the inner corner of the eye, runs over the head, splits into two channels, running down the back, joins back at the thigh, ending at the little toe. +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ | Path Leg Shao Yang | Phase Wood | | | Direction East | | Energy Deteriorated Yang | Season Spring | | | Climate Wind | | Organ Gall Bladder | Color Green | | | Taste Sour | | Time 11:00 pm - 1:00 am | Odor Goatish | | | Emotion Anger | | Month Dec | Sound Shouting | +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ this channel starts at the outer corner of the eye, runs over the head, around the back of the shoulder, down the side of the chest,the outside of the leg, ending at the fourth toe. +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ | Path Leg Yang Ming | Phase Earth | | | Direction Central | | Energy Extreme Yang | Season Long Summer | | | Climate Dampness | | Organ Stomach | Color Yellow | | | Taste Sweetness | | Time 7:00 - 9:00 am | Odor Fragrant | | | Emotion Pensiveness | | Month Apr | Sound Singing | +-------------------------------+-------------------------------+ This channel begins under the eye, runs down the front of the body, down the outer front of the leg, ending at the second toe. Things I Have Figured out (kinda) These are my ideas and concepts that I have pieced together and come up with with assistance of the books I have recieved and the teachings I have heard. This in no way gives them absolute validity, but I have based all things on theory and stated them here as appropriate. Managing Chi - Yin Chi Circulates in channels Functions the organs Directed by thoughts Automaticly flows closely related to feelings / emotions Yin closes pores to protect Yin is in Winter / Cold times Cold increases this chi Heat reduces this chi Sadness Closes Chi shield (above aquired from Roots of Chinese Chi Kung. ) 6) responsible for restoration of health w/ body chemistry. Health based on organ failure can be cured with this chi branch. 7) this is used for shutting off nerves or sensations in the body so that various effects can be achieved. Guardian Chi - forms a shield around the body Involved in growth of hair repair of skin injuries functions on surface of Skin Can reach beyond body This Chi is Yang Heat helps this Cold Hinders this Skin pores will open here Summer is when this is common Happy or angry opens Guard Chi (above aquired from Roots of Chinese Chi Kung. ) My thoughts - 1) This style required for healing of self & others 2) Protects the body. 4) easier to do these in summer 5) used to attack others 7) Required in sticky/repulsive hands & similar techniques 8) Can be used to make one feel better (changing Chi in healing) 9) can be used to resist disease & other effects. Vegaterian diets - these raise Yin chi and lower Yang Chi Heightens the control of emotion this effects Yin Controls The sun is Yang Chi This is heat and Guardian Chi This is used for external mending The moon is Yin Chi This is cold and internal Chi This is used for internal healing ___----------------------------------------- In truth, there are 14 paths, but Main Front and Main Back are often skipped, being called the Lesser or Minor Circulation. (*grin*) CR> Is that enough quesions for you? This enough of a starting place for you? (*grin*) By the way, the books that I mentioned can be purchased by most major bookstores. If you need more info I can dig out the books and give you the specifics. (*grin*) The Guild Master ttyl ... Oxymoron? I agree, he is both an Ox and a Moron! - Mage about Fighter ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Chris Roedocker Area: MagickNet To: Khephera 4 Nov 96 16:46:02 Subject: Magic UpdReq Thanx! I'll look for that book! ___ X VbReader V1.4 XI know a good tagline when I steal one! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: The Idiot Savant 7 Nov 96 05:06:06 Subject: The emmanations UpdReq On Nov 04 04:50 96, The Idiot Savant of 93:9081/3 wrote: TIS> There appears to be a contradiction in the Qabalah, and I wondered if TIS> anyone could resolve it for me. The Qabalah is riddled with them- as any Spiritual system is. Just remember that these things are only models- just like scientific models (such as the common image of the Atom as a miniature solar system). One model is used to prove one point- and when applied to other points it will seem to conflict with the original ones. But neither is wrong. But, I'll see what I can do for this contradiction. ;) TIS> 1)First there was the spirit of god, and from it came the breath (air) and TIS> from the breath came the rain (water), and from the water sprang fire, and TIS> in the meeting of all, earth was formed. TIS> 2)The three prime emanations are attributed to the sephiroth Kether TIS> (air/aleph), Chokmar (fire/shin) and Binah (water/mem). The order of TIS> emanation of the sephiroth is Kether, Chokmar, Binah. TIS> How come one of these gives the order as air, water, fire, while the other TIS> gives air, fire, water? Your number one seems to be derived from the "Sepher Yetzirah"- which predates the common modern version of the Tree of Life. That view of Creation was not based upon the Tree. Like I said above: here you have two models- each proving it's own point about a common subject. Each one is right, but is not directly related to the other. On the other hand, I might also point out that Kether isn't Air- but rather the 1st path that eminates from Kether is Air. Kether is pure Divine Spirit, or LVX ("Light"). When using the Elemental modle of Creation upon the Tree, the view is: Kether: Spirit Chockmah: Fire Binah: Water Tiphareth: Air Malkuth: Earth note: In the Christian Qabalah, Spirit is assigned the letter . TIS> Any help in solving this puzzle would be much appreciated. Hope this helps. As you study, you'll find many many different models, and different interpretations of the same model. All of them will contradict each other- but all of them sufficiantly prove the point they were created to prove. Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718