From: Jade Area: MagickNet To: Pan 19 Aug 96 22:13:00 Subject: Pollution UpdReq PP> instead of classifying the residue or the magick itself as PP> pollution, it seems a better idea to know that things just PP> change.. always changeing, ever the same... stability in PP> motion. just like when a person breaths. is exhalation PP> pollution. also, i do believe that even the simpelest forms PP> of magick create.. even the sex act, that so many take for PP> granted is actually intended to create. and from this, PP> neergies are created into our world, and the world of PP> dreams.. whaen these forma are actuates, and givven power PP> (espeecially over a long period of time) we get large power PP> structures, or egregores. like what catholicism did fot the PP> devil, or the sex industry (deep topic i'm not here dealing PP> with. don't misunderstand me). PP> seems to me that the more dark, painful, wicked, evil ( all PP> personal terms) power one creates ( especially with magical PP> training), the more one will suffer. suffering is not bad PP> so long as one can learn how not to suffer that way anymore. PP> now, also the egregores that we ( hu-MAN) creates/ed is not PP> god , but a strange reflection of how we expect god to be. PP> these are not the archtypes, are not the gods. PP> -pan Interesting points, especially since I've been reading about black magick and other forms from around the world. The thing I've noticed is that many traditions hold that any magic must be done carefully or there will be potentially dangerous side effects. This is not just for sorceries that are intended to inflict harm though, but any ritual that is done without proper care, protection, or closure. If you don't mind a poor analogy. It is as if unless the appropriate safeguards are not taken then pollution harms the participants in the magic. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Stardance Area: MagickNet To: FireSpell 20 Aug 96 11:37:00 Subject: Re: ouija UpdReq **** Constellations exploded when Stardance heard **** Fi> On Wed Aug 14, 1996 (12:40), Stardance wrote about Re: ouija: Fi> Sounds interesting. Maybe we should compare notes sometime? S> When I get the time, I wouldn't mind. Fi> OK, just send me a netmail when you are ready. Hmmmm, I don't know if I can on this board that I am using..... S> There is a reason protective capabilities are stressed when doing any S> kind of magickal working. It is, really, for your own safety. Fi> Often that is the case, yes. The problem comes when groups have Fi> you jumping through hoops, just for the sake of jumping through Fi> hoops.... That is power-tripping, and more for personal egos than for anything useful. And then when something goes wrong, those 'in charge' tell the person it was their fault, for not doing blah blah blah....and the person is left wondering 'Ooook, how come you didn't tell me this before?' No offense to anyone here, but one of the main reasons I am a solitary is because I can and do work things in my own way, and I don't want/need someone standing over my shoulder going 'That's wrong!' Every other minute or so. When something works for me, I stick with it.....it might not be the same way someone else does it, but who says everything all has to work only one way??? The way I was taught was to use what I am comfortable with, and if I'm not sure about something, then I don't *have* to do it. I'm not into big elaborate rituals, I like things simple, straightforward, and to the point. S> So why do too many people scoff at it? Fi> Impatience, perhaps? Or an exaggerated sense of bravado. I might not go in for the big fancy stuff, but I *always* take full precautions when doing any working. It's become an ingrained habit over the years. S> And then end up hurting either themselves, or someone else. Fi> Getting in "over their head", perhaps? Trying to do too much, too soon, or with too little preparation.....I dunno. It could be any number of things....but too many times I have seen people get into something that turned out to be WAY more than they could handle. I'm not Wiccan, but I have a lot of respect for those on that Path... especially the covens that really take the time to *teach* their people the ins and outs, and the right and wrong ways to do things...and stress the importance of preparation and knowledge. Stardance ... Where we cannot invent, we may at least improve. Charles Caleb Colton 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Jade Area: MagickNet To: Paul Hume 20 Aug 96 19:27:00 Subject: Pollution UpdReq PH> Jade - PH> Things go full circle - I was looking for bedtime reading PH> the day after I wrote you back, and what did I pull off the PH> shelf at random (since I haven't sorted the books in awhile, PH> it is always pretty random (g)) but PH> The Toxic Spell Dump. Which I thoroughly enjoyed rereading, PH> so thanks for putting me in the mood for it (g). PH> PH> Paul PH> --- Maximus 2.02 PH> * Origin: Ice Fire 703-354-4176 (93:9829/0) You are most thoroughly welcome Paul. Serendipity works wonders. And it is a good read. Jade aka Corwin 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718