From: Khephera Area: MagickNet To: Falcon 9 Jun 96 05:31:28 Subject: revelations UpdReq On Jun 06 11:09 96, Falcon of 93:9200/3 wrote: K>> You do seem to enjoy being insulting, don't you? F> no. I am precisely saying what I think. If not marking every single word F> with an "IMHO" is insulting to you - well, I don't care. You misunderstand me (but have probably not seen my messages to you in Magick concerning this yet). I know this is all your opinion, and that's fine. What bothers me is that we are discussing things of a philisophical and subjective nature- yet you are telling me I'm "wrong" with every word that comes from you. We aren't dealing with things you can be "wrong" about in the first place- even if you do not agree with me and have ideas with particular conflict with mine. Of course, that's not including this particular topic (origin of a language) which is something one can be "wrong" about. But, after all the posts in Magick that featured every single line begining with "wrong"....I was testy. K>> I happen to know for a fact that much of the Greek alphabet came from K>> the Hebrew. F> then name your source. You haven't been there yourself, therefore your F> knowledge comes from secondary sources. Does that count as "fact"? Though I do not remember the title, I can assure you that this tid-bit did, indeed, come from a textbook on the Hebrew Language. The Hebrew Alphabet was the first of it's kind in the world (note I said "of it's kind") and much of it was adopted by the Greeks for their own alphabet. Once again, I point out the painfully obvious examples of "Alpha" (Hebrew Aleph), "Beta" (Beth), "Gamma" (Gimel), etc, etc, etc. I retracted, long ago, my statment that the Greek _language_ developed from the Hebrew (it was nothing more than bad wording on my part). But, to sit there and say that a good amount of the Hebrew _alphabet_ was not adopted from/influenced by the Hebrew alphabet is plain silly. F> Yust a small sidenote: The word "fact" derived from latin facere which F> translates as "to make". Interesting....I wonder why that word came to be tranlated as "fact". K>> Such as Alpha (Aleph), Beta (Beth), Gamma (Gimel), etc. F> in the mail that I replied to you were talking about the letters, not the F> names. I agree that about half of the names are similar. The Names as well as the phonetic values of the letters. This is what I was refering to...and all I was refering to. I don't claim any great knowledge (hell, I don't claim any knowledge) of Greek. Hebrew is my thing...with a little Egyptian and Sumer-Babylonian thrown in on the side. Blessed Be, may Yahweh and His Asherah guide and keep thee, Ar ReX Em SeXem Eref Neter Au-a Rx Khephera 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ulric Area: MagickNet To: Paul Hume 7 Jun 96 23:11:44 Subject: Witches Lose Court Decisi UpdReq Thanks of the Info. Lets Keep in touch ok Blessed Be Ulric 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718