From: Lewis Cypher Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 21 Apr 95 11:35:36 Subject: Astrology & Ritual 1/2 Rec'd UpdReq JN> Very interesting. I haven't gotten into the old goetic stuff much myself, for a number of reasons. (Mainly that they didn't seem to offer anything I wanted.) You are the first person I've encountered who has claimed to get real, practical knowledge out of them. LC> From before: "This does not mean that something sits at the edge of the circle and discusses stainless steel for three hours. It means that a grasp of a whole subject, and a shifting of awareness to encounter opportunities... LC> The knowledge is filled in later, it seems. Some of the knowledge is unique, having nothing to refference it to-the backround is missing. "The true nature of solor energy is contained in living things," was one bit that I still am waiting for more info on. That is what the Intelligence of Sun told me in answer to the question, "What is the true nature of solor energy?" LC> I find the opportunities and knowledge revealed, after a rite of summoning the planetary intelligences, has been nearby all the time. Close, but yet so far, if you know what I mean. On the other hand, much of the financial things just seem to come out of thin air, complete with a knowledge of what to do about it. Of course, being a magician, I have a fine tuned ability to read other people. This is a major asset in business of all kinds. Also an asset in business is a spiritual cast of mind that rejects gross materialism. I like money, but I am not obsessed with it-so I have plenty of it. I AM obsessed with research and study on the many topics I choose. LC> I am a constant prowler of the superb library system here is San Francisco. We are directly connected to both the U.C. Berkely system and the Shields Library at U.C. Davis, so anything can be had. This is where my fine collection of grimoir comes from mostly. Libraries have become a secret source of power in this alliterate and soon to be illiterate America. The ability to read and write and use source material is becomming more important as the number of people who can do that decreases. (continued...) /s 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lewis Cypher Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 21 Apr 95 11:42:58 Subject: Astrology & Ritual 2/2 Rec'd UpdReq LC> I swim in a rich soup of information most of my conscious part of the day. Information seemingly comming out of thin air probably does. I typical relaxing afternoon is full of a vidio library, bbs, my library, selected TV, and I subscribe to many periodicals. JS> But I'm not certain, from your descriptions, how what you get differs from the "global comprehensions" and personality changes that are common to many forms of cabalistic work. LC> I am unaware of these " 'global comprehensions' and personality changes that are common to many forms of cabalistic work" that you wrote above. I would be very interested in anything you can share with me that you have direct knowledge of personality changes or rapid rises in wealth, or comprehensions, global and otherwise. I will share some of my humble surprises in my work, and see what is what. LC> I've pieced together this and that from the writings of classic grimoir and alchemical writings, but I know nobody that has actually gotten results like mine. I would very much like to read anything you care to relate about personality changes in our cabalistic, enotian, or goetic brothers that you have wittnessed or been directly involved with. Please excuse my boldness here, but there is an impass now in my work with the Art, one that is giving way as I write this, due to having no standard of expectations except for the dubious ramblings in some badly copied grimoir. Please share. Your hints are most engaging to me. JS> One invokes a planetary force, and events and perceptions are produced that follow the nature of that planet. LC> I have been getting some good results with talismans made using the planetary intelligences. It is a more gradual unfolding of much the same understandings imparted by the C.I., but it is also more malliable-it can be put away for example, or lent to another who needs its influence. Mostly my family is benefiting from the talismans made this way. One of my adult children is here in my house right now. She was able to leave a destructive relationship, start a new carrear, get back into the good graces of the other part of her family, and in general start some serious emotional healing, emediately when I gave her a talisman I made with the more material aspect of venus I invoked into the talisman. If you knew her you would see how impossible that was normally. It needed some serious intervention. The talisman itself was made of herb and paper. What passed into it, knowing this aspect as I do, was a deep desire to free all women from bondage and to further the female aspect of creation. My nickname for it is 'The lower aspect of Venus.' LC> I am very gratified that I can be of such service to those who are close to me. It was the Intelligence of Jupiter I invoked to bring my mother-in-law back from the grave literally. Patients in a coma for a month due to spinal menengitis are not expected to live, much less return to anything like a normal life. Some recovery is possible after a year to 18 months of homecare, but personality chAnges and mobility problems ae the rule. This patient was fully recovered in 3 months. She came out of the coma 4 hours after the rite. The antibiotics that were useless for weeks suddenly became potent. The recovery was rapid and smooth, but very accelerated. LC> Personality changes? Yea! I have been undergoing some extremely useful and positive, and very marked, personality changes. They have direct connection as to timing and subject to the rites I have been doing. The changes must be staggered out and delayed, or they tend to push me to the edge fast. I let myself change, and monitor the change. LC> Finantial changes? Wow. Dig this: I went from broke to now owning outright 1/4 million in assets in just the last 3 years. It began with a rite of Saturn. Saturn is very involved in financial dealings because it is like mathmatics-a stabilizer to the system that holds things together. Saturn is pragmatism wrote very large. Saturn appeared to me as a stick figure of a man with a triangle for a head, and within that triangle was the most fascinating interplay of mathmatic equasions. The intelligence of saturn, using the names during the invocation that are listed in The Magus, and a Sigil like the one in The Magus, with consecrations adapted from The Key, apeared as this little stick figure with a 3 cornered TV for a head. It taught me a posture to assume when contacting it and when thinking about business. I've never been a businessman, nor dealt in realestate. But now I own 3 houses outright. I sank all the money into houses because I know there will be a super inflation soon. The messages I get about the superinflation are very ambiguous; However, the value of what I now own is irrefutable, but very freaky in a way. Sometimes it is good not to ask too many questions about why this all is happening. Its good to ride the wave to the last splash. It reminds me of Hunter Thomson's "When the going get weird, The Weird turn pro." JN> Do you see any difference, except perhaps in degree? Maybe some more specific examples would help me get a better idea of what's happening. E.g., you mentioned some financial success... what form did this take? Did you suddenly become a wizard (excuse the pun) at high finance after invoking Jupiter? In the form of unexpected opportunities for investments, etc.? Ability to perceive such opportunities where you wouldn't have done before? Or something more direct, like winning a lottery? LC> Yes to all of the above. The first opportunity was a small inheritance from someone who hated me, and had written me out of her will. She suddenly made a new will. However, there were difficulties all along the way. I seem to rise to the occasion with an endless list of solutions. With the new posture Saturn taught me, and my new talisman made with Sun and Jupiter, my negotiations were awsome and always won. I have no backround in any of this stuff like realestate, rentals, high pressure salemanship, lowpressure salesmanship, ect. Money materialized 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lewis Cypher Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 21 Apr 95 12:11:14 Subject: Astrology & Ritual 2/2 Rec'd UpdReq LC> Money materialized when I needed it. Sudden avenues of credit turned up twice during critical transactiuons. I didn't even know where to look, and the info was thrust into my face. LC> The second big break was from me sueing my wife's ex. Then there was a crack addict loosing some land to the bank that I rescued. The sales were for 10s of thousands more than expected, and rents have taken a climb in both towns since I started renting houses. New ordinances have freed me of alot of the paperwork, irreconsiliable differences with people, overnight smooth out with no action on my part. Freaky sometimes I tell you; freaky. LC> No matter how they appear to me, my ritual preparation of the operator (me) ensures a set manifest result in keeping with my expectations. I would rather make those decisions. No dragons vomiting fire for me. If I wanted that I would go to a movie. JN> There is a problem with making such decisions however, in that a decision to have a manifestation in a particular form causes the automatic exclusion of many other possible manifestaG*io=o7s,|D many of which might be more useful than the form you chose. LC> Really? Could you give me some example from your own work? What do you do in your head to 'allow' a manifestation to take its own place. I never do this, but am willing to try since lately I have been invoking images into a scrying instrament outside the circle in its own circle/triangle. I work alone, by choice and by necessity. I have had some pretty bad accidents too, and handled them alone. The first contact with Jupiter was very overwhelming, and I kind of got up off the floor afterwards. The personality changes after that were very marked. New friends replaced old ones, the family unified around me. My outlook on the world of work, the source of true wealth, and my political support, was totally changed-extremely so. I lost interest in a non productive job, I stopped working for other's benefit, and started making money for myself. I can look at a store and 'see' how it is loosing money. I guess the best way to say where this sudden wealth came from is from handling a business situation well that someone else was handling badly at the time. I can do this over and over. I don't study business. I have never before had to do much more than cash a paycheck. I never save money still. Everything has to be working or I spend it. Its just that there is an unending source of 'knack' or approach to handing information. All these various opportunities, the ones I am working on now and those which came were aspects of bending fortune to favor me, and giving me a grasp of a situation that was lacking in the other-and most importantly, the confidence that comes from proving over and over I can come out best. JN> This becomes more of a problem the further you progress, as the more "divine" parts of yourself become integrated into your consciousness. LC> This is most interesting. I have definately become 'fascinated' with human suffering on a planet level, as never before say, 5 years ago. I was never callous to it, its just that now I see so much of it and what the true roots of it all is. I see a connection from it to me. I see where my actions and ideas aid and oppose that force in the universe that feeds all. I believe it is called Anapuru in India, by some yogis. Its the loaves and fishes thing. Its what the Tao Te Ching says "The more you take, The more there is." LC> I am trying to be as harmless as possible as my first way to bend to this inevitable global awarness. I am aware of the presence of others who are doing the work needed on a global level. I find ways to stay out of their way. I never foment hate and discontent ike I used to do. I aid that which brings us together, I oppose, even in just ideology, that which divides. I probably am describing a spiritual awakening, I know, but it has no trace of fanaticism or criticism of others involved. JS> Before this happens, the communicating intelligences can circumvent our ignorant decisions as to form by slipping things in through the back door, so to speak; inserting them into your mind on levels on which you are not conscious, and allowing it to percolate downwards into your awareness. (From your descriptions, it sounds like a lot of your realizations take this form.) But as those levels integrate into your psyche, the "window" through which they can slip such things becomes narrower. JS> This is new to me. I sort of see what you are driving at. As I change to accomidate the new input, I change in such a way that ridged ideas of how my thoughtforms should be eliminate the creative possibilities inherent in allowing my imaginations to wander wherever they be. (continued...) /s 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lewis Cypher Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 21 Apr 95 12:17:32 Subject: Astrology & Ritual 2/2 Rec'd UpdReq part 4 of 4 parts LC> What would you suggest I do to allow these images to take more useful turns? LC> One idea I am practicing is allowing enough protection to be present that a repeat of the overload experience of the first rite will not occure. I have recently conjered a air elemental to visible appearance to practice a more detached method of getting my visualizations. It was nice but not very useful. Now I am not so sure. Are you saying that the form he elemental assumed to me was important? I have been given several symbols by various Celestial Intelligences, like from Sun, Moon, and Jupiter. Now the whole idea of the form the Intelligence assumes in my mind has significance. Is there something of this you would like share with me from your own practice? Examples would be most reassuring to me. JN> Eventually you reach a point where no matter how much freedom you give the communicating spirits, that which is communicated is entirely a reflection of your own being, in the sense that nothing came come through that is not in concordance with your own essential nature as an individual. Realizing this, one can take the position that what you see is all there is; this is the view of the classic "Black magician". Or one can accept the basic vacuity of all knowledge and perception, and pass into the "abyss". LC> I find that in my scrying and work with Tarot, both for about 22 years now, the real skill is in interpreting the mind's eye sysmbols as external to the Self type events. In other words, the images of what will be come to me in symbols of my own reference. Is this kind of what you mean above "that nothing came come through that is not in concordance with your own essential nature as an individual?" Or is it the Temple Of Set idea of the individual emerging from the muck of creation which is closer to your refference? Looking forward to your reply, Lewis 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718