From: Lewis Cypher Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 14 Apr 95 13:01:40 Subject: Astrology & Ritual Rec'd UpdReq Part one of two parts: LC>Like I said, some of my results have been rather astounding. It would be profitable to me to hear your opinion. JN> I would be interested in hearing what you've found. JN> My personal view of this matter is from a viewpoint somewhat different from that of Agrippa (whom Barrett plagiarized) or Levi. JN> One of my two real talents is an ability to perceive the effects of environmental astrological forces, particularly how they affect my own consciousness. Recognition of this preceded my discovery of magick, metaphysics, cabala, etc., and has influenced my entire approach to those things. LC> A talent that has emerged from my ritual work is to shift to a 'magic state of mind' and fuction in that for long periods of time. Everything is significant, and emediate; it taxes a practiced point of view I aquired in my ritual work, refined by cause and effect trial and error, to enter this non ordinary state of reality and function well enough to carry out certain ritual acts that bring me to contact with those celestial intelligences called forth with the sigils from the magic squares delineated and discussed in Barrett's The Magus. I have made contact with these Intelligences of the planets. With every rite, I change. My question is resolved, both directly and later played out in my environment. A shifting of significance, a universal viewpoint enters my life each time. It is incredibly usefull too. The old magic books like Lemmegon in The Key Of Solomon, give descriptions of what can be obtained from the spirits. Something like, "Teaches all science and arts." This does not mean that something sits at the edge of the circle and discusses stainless steel for three hours. It means that a grasp of a whole subject, and a shifting of awareness to encounter opportunities of a specific character is confered, emediately, right there in the circle, and later as the whole data package unpacks itself in the magician's psyche, and especially memory. It feels like the kind of grasp you have of economic theory 3 years after you took the course and got an A in it. A little reading and the whole thing comes to you, and it subtly affects everything you percieve, and makes learning related subjects easier. However, contact dirctly mind to mind with Planetary Celestial Intelligence produces such drastic changes in me that a prolonged period of contemplation and journal writing is necessary between rites. My last rite of this kind, contacting the Celestial Intelligence of Saturn, Jupiter, Sol, Venus, and the associated interfacing godform constructs, left me thoughtful and motivated, but in that uncertain state of transition we undergo usually after experiencing a religious experience or a car accident. A 10 megaton Ah-Ha response. It was fun, scary, characterbuilding, and very very stressfull. Looking back at my journal writing of just 3 years ago, the change in my opinions, and especially what I do with other people, has undergone an obvious change for the better. I awoke the next day, it seemed from my journal writing, different. Financial dealings show a success which belies my rather sheltered upbringing. Certain knowledge, shared by others who have sweated and studied for it, comes directly into my thoughts-and hesitantly into my sharings with others. All of it is tremendously useful to me, but a comparison of journal enteries at different times almost reads like different persons who have the same wordprocessor-or different aspects of me asserted and others submerged. My consciousness cannot turn and look back at itself, so I am at a loss for words here. However, I remain enough the same to comprehend the changes, maintain the expectations of those who know me, and successfully conduct my affairs on the earth Plane-and I do remember I asked for it. Acceptance is an antidote for fear and uncertainty in this contact work. I use the power confered by the sigil sparingly, taking just what I need and leaving the rest. I keep notes, in an effort to retain my dedicatioin to a much larger plan and because of the etherial nature of the memory of ritual events and their dissapearance from memory without using recording devices to refresh and remind my 'speaking self" of what acually happened. Follow up comunication with the planetary intelligences is possible at any time after the first contact, providing I ask the question of how to do such 'out of season' communication. Putting aside the dualism inherent in adapting The Book Of Spirits, Lemmegon, to Christian Demonology (where former pagan gods become demons), we are left with a catalogue of improvements on the magician's skills and understandings. Advice to the beginning contactee: Definately wish for mental health and improved magic skill in that first rite. (continued...) /s 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lewis Cypher Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 14 Apr 95 13:59:04 Subject: Astrology & Ritual Rec'd UpdReq Part 2 of 2 parts Re: The perception of celestial influences as they exist around you: I have no doubt that the movement of the celestial heavens is reflected in the activities of the earthy mechanisms, in all their rarified and gross manifestation. Like you, I can see it, in a form that my cerebral cortext will accept-this is where training my imaginations in limited expectations as for the form the manifestation will appear, in the mind's eye, is useful. Earth Elementals 'look' a certain way to me because I expect them to-indeed, during ritals I demand they assume a form pleasing to my eye-and my expectations of that kind. Subterfuge is obvious, because I am not 'psychged up' during the rite; but, instead am detached and observing. No matter how they appear to me, my ritual preparation of the operator (me) ensures a set manifest result in keeping with my expectations. I would rather make those decisions. No dragons vomiting fire for me. If I wanted that I would go to a movie. My interpretation of astrology is that we humans, in our highest state of magical consciousness, are more like the celestial intelligences of the stars and planets than gross matter. We can make the same decisions. Therefore, IMHO, we can take over parts of the reality machine and mold it in accordance to our will, limited only by: Our understanding of the machine's essence and what button to push and the ability to mold our expectations and our willingness to flow with or ability to resist patterns of manifestation-of which we are one with the ability to remanifest those forces from the stars, governed by the Celestial Intelligences of those stars, in accordance with our will, tuned to the divine spark within us. Doing a chart of the moment of the rite would be riding the datawave, achieving the useful states of organizing input to our senses and inner self-dialogue so we have eyes to see while driving in that realm of reality machine awareness. Eyes to see, a firm hand on the tiller, and a reason for going. The last skill is the most subjective one. Out of time now, I will get back to you. Looking forward to your reply to these parts, Lewis 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718