From: Wored Area: MagickNet To: Rainlake 2 Apr 95 23:16:00 Subject: junkmail UpdReq Greetings! I thank you for your concern, and hope that you are doing better also... Take care ..O.K. Wored 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Wored Area: MagickNet To: Rainlake 10 Apr 95 16:20:00 Subject: Tribe UpdReq Greetings! I am just now getting over the illness. I was using Vitamin C but no Ginseng. I'll add it in. My tribal affiliations are Tsististas (Cheyenne...Southern), and Tsalagi (Cherokee). I was raised around my Cheyenne Grandpa, my Cherokee grand uncle and my Apache grand aunt (by marriage), and of couse all of my aunts and uncle who were very good people. However, due to my age and the fact that when I was growing up it was during the Termination (doesn't that sound really ugly) period, people tried to be a little quite about their `Indian-ness'. EXCEPT for the old timers like my Grand Pa and most noticably my Grand Uncle and Grand Aunt. I lived with my Grand Uncle and his Apache wife for several years. Both were `obstinant' Indians (so was Grand Pa, for that matter) but my Grand Aunt by marriage was Chiricahua and well... when she was a little girl the Chiricahua were still prisoners of war in Oklahoma. She also knew Geronimo as a child. This woman was a serious Apache, I gotta tell you. In my life she was the only person who could make me eat my spinach, and only by making an Apache, "Hmumph". That "hmumph" would echo of the walls. She didn't make the sound loud, it just was loud. So, I ate my spinach. I should explain that was born when my mom was 40. I was born in 1956, my mother was born on the res. in 1916 and my grandpa was born in 1882, my grandmother was born in 1891. My grand uncle was 99 when I went to live with when I was 12, so he was...pretty old. His wife wasn't much younger and they was serious `Injuns'. I don't know about my European half except dad was a Swedish man who was a bad person. This is my opinion, not one put upon me. I remember him when I was little hitting mom and calling her `Squaw' and then he pulled a gun on her in front of me. He didn't see me and when he did, he put the gun away, swore a lot and left for good. I have only seen him a couple of times since then and now he is `dead to me', (he's alive but dead to me...an old saying for when a member of a family is really awful). I look like a half breed and am proud of all my Ancestors, for without them I would not be here and they deserve my respect. As for dad...he will learn what ever he needs to either here or in the Night Land. I have some stories you might like to here. My grand dad spoke of these events and Robbie Robertson just did an album called `Music for the Native Americans" and he tells the stories very well. One of the stories concerns my people so I'll write you some posts. I think you'd like them. Take care and I'll write you the stories in another post. May you always walk in Beauty, and BE WELL please. Aho! Wored 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Wored Area: MagickNet To: Rainlake 10 Apr 95 16:42:00 Subject: Stories UpdReq Greetings! Here are the word from the songs that tell the stories. I hope you enjoy them. IT IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE! The general rode for sixteen days The horses were thirsty and tired On the trail of a renegade chief One he'd come to admire The soldiers hid behind the hills That surrounded the village And he rode down to warn the chief They'd come to conquer and pillage "Lay down your arms, Lay down your spear." The chiefs eyes were sad But showed no sign of fear. "It is a good day to die, Oh my children dry your eyes, it is a good day to die." He spoke of a day before the white man came With his guns and whiskey He told of a time a long time ago Before what you call history The general couldn't believe his words Nor the look on his face But he knew these people would rather die Than have to live in this disgrace "What law have I broken? What wrong have I done, That makes you want to bury me Upon this trail of blood? It is a good day to die Oh my children dry your eyes It is a good day to die. We care for the land and the land cared for us And that's the way it's always been. Never asked for more, never asked too much, And now you tell me this is the end. I laid down my weapon Laid down my bow Now you want to drive me out With no place left to go. It is a good day to die! Oh my children dry your eyes It is a good day to die. And he turned to his people and said, "Dry your eyes, We have been blessed and we are thankful! Raise your voices to the sky! It is a good day to die!" Aho! Hope you enjoyed the story (it's sad, I know but honour is never truly sad...it is brave and loving). This was written by Robbie Robertson for the album, Music for the Native Americans. May you always walk in Beauty! Aho! Wored 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Lewis Cypher Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 13 Apr 95 08:27:54 Subject: Astrology In Ritual Rec'd UpdReq Greatings Josh, Your reply to my query was very interesting, and I will be taking time on my reply. Thankyou for taking the time to be brief, some of the things you wrote has my mind racing in reply. Just droped this note to you to tell you that your message was well recieved, just 3 days later, I will be resending messages on PODS if I don't recieve a reply in a a week as per your warning about lost messages; and there is more to follow from me, as I compose off line. More later, Lewis 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718