From: Thomas Izaguirre Area: MagickNet To: Dr Phelix 9 Feb 95 18:37:10 Subject: Magic & The Mind UpdReq DP> My major abilities with magic seem to be probabilty bending, DP> espcially with the weather and seeking. As an example of the first it DP> NEVER rains on my camping trips, and only while I'm DP> driving to any of my DP> other vacations, even during 'rainy season' or when DP> the weather service has DP> predicted rain. Also I've never lived anywhere DP> that had a drought while I DP> was living there. An example of seeking would be that I never lose Such a talent is linked with an affinity for non-linear dynamics in the earth's energies; these energies being responsible in part for behavior of water in the atmosphere and in the earth. You may want to study the following concepts: ley lines, orgone, and feng shui. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Thomas Izaguirre Area: MagickNet To: Dr Phelix 9 Feb 95 18:40:06 Subject: Magic & The Mind UpdReq DP> was living there. An example of seeking would be that I never lose DP> anything for long. If I discover something missing DP> I can close my eyes and DP> 'feel' it's position relitive to me (i.e. 10 deg up DP> 30 deg to the right and DP> 50 ft away). I can also find objects which aren't DP> mine if I am well familar DP> with the 'feel' of the object (knowing the DP> specifics of its color, shape, This is called psychometry and again may pertain to a relationship you have with earth energies. DP> I would like to learn more about magic, so as to expand on my DP> talents and/or learn new ones, but I wouldn't even DP> know where to start, of DP> even if what I do falls under any of the magic systems, or just ESP. The best book I can recommend for your situation is "Prometheus Rising" by Robert Anton Wilson. After that, I suggest "Angel Tech" and "All Rites Reversed" by Antero Alli. Scrupulously avoid anything by the Golden Dawn, who, despite their influence, are monuments to bad research. I wish you luck and if you have any further questions, I will try my best to give you advice! Be Powerful! --Reality is an activity of the most august imagination --Wallace Stevens 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Cherubim Area: MagickNet To: All 10 Feb 95 01:27:32 Subject: Magick and Karate-do UpdReq MAGICK AND THE WAY OF THE EMPTY HAND By David Cherubim Copyright (c) 1995 e.v. Thelemic Golden Dawn. "Choose ye an island! Fortify it! Dung it about with enginery of war! I will give you a war-engine. With it ye shall smite the peoples; and none shall stand before you. Lurk! Withdraw! Upon them! this is the Law of the Battle of Conquest: thus shall my worship be about my secret house." (LIBER LEGIS, III: 4-9) Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. There are a number of techniques in the arts of Magick and Karate which are very similar in nature. Magick and Karate are, however, two separate systems of training dedicated to two separate types of activity. Nevertheless they share some common techniques, as well as certain goals of a spiritual and psychological kind. For example, Kiai, the Karate Shout of Power, is very similar to the magickal art of vibrating Divine Names. Kiai, however, is not really a shout of power, nor is the shout of power the object of Kiai. Kiai signifies the meeting of body-mind and spirit. "Ki" is the symbol for spirit or energy, and "ai" is the symbol for a meeting or union. The shout of power is but the product of this union of mind-body and spirit. The same is true in Magick with regard to the vibration of a Divine Name or Word of Power. The name or word is not the true source of power, but rather is it the union of the mind-body and spirit of the Magician. Kiai is done from Hara. Hara literally means "center". Hara is located two inches (three fingers) below the navel. It corresponds to the lower abdomen in the body. But Hara is not just the center of the body; it is the center of our being, a central point of energy which is both inside and outside of the body. In the center of Hara is a vital point of equilibrium where the body-mind and spirit of the Karateka meet. A Karateka is a practitioner of Karate. Ki (Chinese Ch'i) is a psychophysical energy (spirit). Ki is released through Kiai which originates in the diaphragm and is forced up to the throat by the muscles of the lower abdomen or Hara. This is very similar to the vibration of a Divine Name, which is done from the Central Self of the Magician, where his/her body-mind and spirit are one. And just as the Karateka must move from Hara twenty-four hours a day, so must the Magician always move from the center of his/her being, letting all actions flow out to the periphery from this central point of consciousness. Let us also think of the Kata, which is a Budo Ritual. (Budo is the name for the Japanese Martial Arts.) Kata is a sequence of forms or movements in which the Karateka fights several opponents in his/her imagination. Kiai is applied at certain points of the Kata when the body-mind and Ki meet in the Hara. Such is very similar to the Banishing Ritual of Pentagram, which is also a sequence of movements (kata) in which the Magician banishes (fights) the elemental demons (opponents) and vibrates (shouts) certain Divine Names at certain points in the ritual (kata) while s/he is united with his/her spirit (ki) in the center (hara) of his/her being. Just as the Magician attains perfection through Ritual Magick, so does the Karateka attain perfection through the Kata. Both Kata and Ritual Magick are forms of Moving Zen, or active forms of meditation. Karate itself is called "Moving Zen". The word Zen is a Japanese transliteration of the Chinese Ch'an, which itself is a transliteration of the Sanskrit Dhyana (Meditation). The aim of Zen is Satori, which is an instantaneous awakening or inner experience of enlightenment through intuition. Satori is attained through the art of non-attachment, by living in the spirit of Emptiness. Karate instructs us to move fearlessly and freely through intuition without attachment to anything. Karate literally means "empty hands", which not only signifies "empty-handed combat", but it also represents the power of detachment, which constitutes the spirit of Zen. Such is the nature of Karate-do (Way of the Empty Hand). In Magick we are also instructed to live fearlessly through intuition and to do our Will without lust of result, that is, without attachment. The Karateka must perform his/her art without interference from the mind. This same principle applies to the Magician, whose Magical Will ultimately identifies itself with his/her whole being, so that it becomes an unconscious or natural part of his/her personality. In both Karate and Magick we ultimately transcend the need to think about the techniques of the art. Ergo, it becomes an artless art, growing out of the unconscious. Ultimately the goal of Karate-do and Magick are the same. It is the integration of body-mind and spirit, the central unification of microcosm and macrocosm, and the consequential development of the whole WoMan which constitutes the perfection of his/her soul. This makes for the ultimate form of enlightenment called, in Karate, the Eye of the Storm. It is the attainment of moving Zen, or active meditation, in the center of the battle of life. It is freedom from the enemy within -- the self. Both Karate and Magick constitute a personal battle with the self, so as to transcend that very self. Karate-do teaches us that the only enemy is within, that the true warrior or Budoka must only conquer himself if he/she would conquer the so-called enemy without. The same is true of Magick, which teaches us that the only demon (enemy) is inside of the Magician, that it is only by defeating (resolving) this internal demon (complex) that the Magician can overcome all obstacles without, to do his/her True Will in freedom, and to accomplish the Great Work. Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Cherubim Area: MagickNet To: All 10 Feb 95 01:30:16 Subject: Pathworking Ritual UpdReq A RITUAL DESIGNED FOR OPERATIONAL PATH WORKINGS By David Cherubim Copyright (C) 1993 e.v. Thelemic Golden Dawn. 1. Thou shalt first perform the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram or the Ritual of the Star Ruby (Liber XXV). In this thou shalt make exceeding sure of the effectiveness of thy banishing and of the soundness of thy Circle. 2. Next, thou shalt compose thyself in the God Posture, and thou shalt completely relax thine every nerve and muscle. (See "Liber E vel Exercitiorum" for a description of the God Posture.) 3. Now shalt thou formulate thy Body of Light, seeing it coincide in space with thy physical body. In this thou must exercise great skill in thy use of concentration, maintaining a keen sense of separation between the two bodies, and not allowing them to be muddled in thy mind. 4. Project thy Body of Light outside of thy physical body, and with thy physical eyes see it stand in front of thee. It should appear unto thee as being just as real as thy physical body, and of the same size and shape. Its presence should be seen as an exact astral image of thyself. In this thou mayest become alarmed by the presence of such a figure, but this is not unlike a foolish man who sees his own shadow and mistakes it for a ghost, becoming frightened thereby, or like a little silly boy who is frightened by the terrible bogey man of his own infantile making. 5. Now project thy consciousness to this Body of Light, gently and with great industry, shutting thy physical eyes in the process. In this thou shalt make exceeding sure that thy consciousness is separated from thy physical body. It is the separation of the subtle from the dross, or fire from earth. Yet between the two there remains a silver link, maintaining their connection. If this link were to be severed during thy travels, thou wouldst be unable to return to thy physical body, and thou wouldst slowly perish in the flames of the Primal Fire. 6. Now shalt thou begin to travel straight upward in thy Body of Light, seeing thyself rise high above the earth to the secret place of thine Astral Temple located in the Starry Heaven of Nuit. It is in the midst of the glittering stars, in the secret place of Angels who chant mysterious litanies in perfect harmony with the Musick of the Spheres. 7. And when thou hast reached thy Temple in the midst of the glittering stars, and in the secret place of Angels, thou shalt enter therein and take thy stand in its holy centre, in thy place of ultimate power where burns the Great Invisible Primal Flame of the Ageless Stars. 8. Then shalt thou envision before thee a door in the form of one of the Atu of Thoth. In this thou shalt see the Atu in all its colorful splendour, radiating the beauty and magnificence of its images and figures, and illuminating the Temple. 9. In thy Body of Light approach the door which represents the Path thou dost wish to travel, and vibrate the appropriate Hebrew letter of the Path, as if it were a key to open the door in some mysterious way; and with your Body of Light travel freely into the Atu itself, as if thou art instantaneously leaving one plane and entering another, even as if it were a quantum jump from one reality-tunnel to another. 10. Thou shalt now experience the Vision of thy chosen Path, seeing thyself in the plane of the Atu. In this thou mayest assume the image of the figure of the Atu, like the figure of the Hierophant, the Hermit, or the Devil, depending on thy chosen Path. Otherwise thou mayest be thyself, and such figures may come unto thee. Or there may come unto thee Angels, or other astral beings, and with these thou shalt communicate, asking of them what thou wilt. In this thou shalt be prepared to command or banish such beings. 11. And when thou hast attained thy vision, and hast satisfied thine appetite for Knowledge, thou shalt depart in peace from thine Astral Temple, with great reverence and many blessings; and then shalt thou begin to travel downward to the earth, to the place of thy physical Temple. 12. And when thou hast returned to thy physical body, with thine Astral Body coinciding with it in space, thou shalt assume the God-form of Harpocrates, and vibrate His Holy Name; and then shalt thou recover Unity of Consciousness in the Sign of Silence; yea, in the Sign of Silence. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Cherubim Area: MagickNet To: All 10 Feb 95 01:32:26 Subject: Tattwa Ritual UpdReq THE RITUAL OF THE TATTWAS By David Cherubim Copyright (c) 1994 e.v. Thelemic Golden Dawn. 1. Perform the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. 2. Perform the Lesser Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram. In this you must trace the Pentagram that is appropriate to the Tattwa you wish to investigate. 3. Face the elemental quarter attributed to the Tattwa you wish to investigate, and seat yourself in a comfortable posture. 4. Gaze upon the Tattwa symbol, fixing your attention on it. 5. Vibrate the name of the Tattwa. This may be repeated several times, to assist your concentration on the Tattwa. 6. Transfer the image of the Tattwa symbol to a white surface, and you will see, by reflex optical action, the Tattwa symbol in its complementary color. 7. Close your eyes and visualize the Tattwa symbol as standing before you, and enlarge the Tattwa symbol to the size of a door. 8. Visualize yourself rising out of your physical body, and in your imagination enter the plane of the Element through the door, giving the Sign of the Enterer on passing through it. In this you should be robed in the color that is appropriate to the Element. 9. Once you are in the plane of the Element, remain still and vibrate the God Name, Archangelic Name, and the Angelic Name of the Element until you are approached by a guide answering to the nature of the Element. When this guide appears, test him by giving to him the Sign of the Element, and if he is true to the Element he will answer you with the same Sign. If not, you must banish him with the appropriate elemental Pentagram, and continue to vibrate the Divine Names till a guide true to the Element appears, who will then properly guide you through the vision. 10. When the vision of the Tattwa is complete, the guide of the Element will lead you back to the door from where you commenced the vision. You should then give thanks to the guide, return as you entered through the door, and withdraw back into your physical body with the Sign of Silence. 11. Open your eyes, stand up in the Sign of Silence, and stamp your right foot or clap your hands, bringing your awareness back to your physical body. 12. Perform the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram; and duly record and analyze your vision in your Magickal Diary, yea, duly record and analyze your vision in your Magickal Diary. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Cherubim Area: MagickNet To: All 10 Feb 95 01:34:00 Subject: Tree of Life Ritual UpdReq THE RITUAL OF THE TREE OF LIFE By David Cherubim Copyright (c) 1990 e.v. Thelemic Golden Dawn. 0. This Ritual is to be performed during any hour as may befit the Magical Will of the Magician. It is a ceremonial method of building up the telesmatic image of the Qabalistic Tree of Life in The Astral, to fortify and exalt the Magician's knowledge and experience of the Ten Sephirothic forces of universal energy which constitute the Holy Tree of Life. KETHER - FIRST SWIRLINGS 1. Let the Magician visualize above his head a flaming whirling sphere of brilliant white light. Let him then transfer himself to that sphere of white light, uniting his consciousness therewith. Let him then say: Above me shines the One Light Profound Of the Great Unseen and Mystick Crown, Radiating Love and Infinite bliss From the Great Beyond, above the Abyss! CHOKMAH - ZODIAC 2. Let the Magician now visualize a bright flash of lightning emanating from the whirling sphere of white light above his head, descending to the left side of his face. Let him then visualize on the left side of his face a flaming whirling sphere of brilliant grey. Let him then transfer himself to that sphere of grey, uniting his consciousness therewith. Let him then say: The Light descends and Wisdom is come Uttering the Word of the Ineffable One! And on this day That Word of Power Exalts my Will with Force this hour! BINAH - SATURN 3. Let the Magician now visualize the bright flash of lightning moving across his face to the right side of it. Let him then visualize on the right side of his face a flaming whirling sphere of brilliant black. Let him then transfer himself to that sphere of black, uniting his consciousness therewith. Let him then say: Understanding is come, Primal Matter is born, Wisdom penetrates, awakens and informs To create the All, of the Vast Living Sea, Soul of my soul, Mother of Mystery! CHESED - JUPITER 4. Let the Magician now visualize the bright flash of lightning moving down to his left shoulder. Let him then visualize at his left shoulder a flaming whirling sphere of brilliant blue. Let him then transfer himself to that sphere of blue, uniting his consciousness therewith. Let him then say: On my left there flames the sphere of Majesty Emanating the Glory of divine sublimity, Inspiring my mind with a Vision of Love, And filling my soul with Wisdom from Above! GEBURAH - MARS 5. Let the Magician now visualize the bright flash of lightning moving across to his right shoulder. Let him then visualize at his right shoulder a flaming whirling sphere of brilliant scarlet-red. Let him then transfer himself to that sphere of red, uniting his consciousness therewith. Let him then say: On my right there flames the sphere of Might, Emanating the Force of the Unseen Light, Energizing my mind with a Vision of Power And fortifying my soul with Strength this hour! TIPHARETH - SOL 6. Let the Magician now visualize the bright flash of lightning moving down to his heart region, at the centre of his breast. Let him then visualize at his heart centre a flaming whirling sphere of brilliant yellow-gold. Let him then transfer himself to that sphere of gold, uniting his consciousness therewith. Let him then say: In the centre there shines the Solar sphere Emanating splendour, sublime and pure, Illumining my mind, infusing Harmony, Embracing my soul with Living Beauty! NETZACH - VENUS 7. Let the Magician now visualize the bright flash of lightning moving down to his left hip. Let him then visualize at his left hip a flaming whirling sphere of brilliant emerald-green. Let him then transfer himself to that sphere of green, uniting his consciousness therewith. Let him then say: Emanating passion, emotion and desire Sphere of victory, abode of Living Fire, Filling my heart with love and affection For all that is, with zealous devotion! HOD - MERCURY 8. Let the Magician now visualize the bright falsh of lightning moving across to his right hip. Let him then visualize at his right hip a flaming whirling sphere of brilliant orange. Let him then transfer himself to that sphere of orange, uniting his consciousness therewith. Let him then say: Emanating intellect, swift and eager, Sphere of mental glory, abode of Water, Informing my mind with Reason sublime, Shaping keen thoughts, contemplations divine! YESOD - LUNA 9. Let the Magician now visualize the bright flash of lightning moving down to his genital region. Let him then visualize at his genital region a flaming whirling sphere of brilliant violet. Let him then transfer himself to that sphere of violet, uniting his consciousness therewith. Let him then say: Emanating Luna, purifying and fair, Sphere of The Foundation, abode of Air, Generating life and growth for all, Engendering force of the animal soul! MALKUTH - ELEMENTS 10. Let the Magician now visualize the bright flash of lightning moving down to his feet. Let him then visualize at his feet a flaming whirling sphere of brilliant mixed colors (citrine, olive, russet, and black). Let him then transfer himself to that sphere of mixed colors, uniting his consciousness therewith. Let him then say: Home of the Living, of every man's birth, Sphere of the Elements, abode of Earth, Temple of my ghost, vehicle of sense, Created by the Spirit for my soul's experience! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Cherubim Area: MagickNet To: All 10 Feb 95 01:36:44 Subject: Ritual of Thelema UpdReq THE RITUAL OF THE PROCLAMATION OF THE LAW OF THELEMA By David Cherubim Copyright (c) 1994 e.v. Thelemic Golden Dawn. 1. Let the Magician of Thelema, upon arising from his sleep, enter his Temple and take his stand in the centre thereof, and let him make the Sign of Our Lord Ra-Hoor-Khuit. 2. And in this Sign let the Magician proclaim the Law of Thelema, that is, "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." 3. And after this proclamation, let the Magician compose himself in the Sign of Hoor-Pa-Kraat, confirming his act of will with the words, "Love is the law, love under will." 4. And so shall the Magician make of his first act of the day a sacrament unto Our Lady Nuit, fulfilling the Law itself. 5. Now let the Magician compose himself in the Sign of his Grade, or in the Sign of the Star of Flame. 6. And in this Sign shall the Magician adore Our Lord Ra-Hoor-Khuit, after the manner that has been instructed to him. 7. And after this, the Magician should compose himself once again in the Sign of Silence, assimilating the force of his invocation. 8. And then shall the Magician compose himself into meditation. 9. And after this, let the Magician arise, rejoicing in the ecstasy of his meditation, and let him knock 3-5-3 on his Altar and say, "Abrahadabra." 10. And then shall the Magician duly proclaim, "I will now go forth to do my Will among the legions of the living." 11. And when this hath been accomplished, let the Magician go forth to do his Will among the legions of the living; yea, let the Magician go forth to do his Will among the legions of the living! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: David Cherubim Area: MagickNet To: All 10 Feb 95 01:38:02 Subject: Ritual of the Sphinx UpdReq THE RITUAL OF THE SPHINX By David Cherubim Copyright (c) 1989 e.v. Thelemic Golden Dawn. In the Centre of his Temple, facing East, let the Magician give the Sign of Horus, and say: In the Sign of the Supreme and Terrible Lord, Crowned and Conquering and Most Adored, I proclaim His Mighty Word for All: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law! Let the Magician return in the Sign of Silence, then advance to his Altar, ignite the fire, and seeing its radiant glory, let him say: I stand before this Altar of Flame With courageous soul, body and brain! To do my Will and to extol The One Great Work of Living Sol! Let the Magician now drink the Wine, and tasting its vital essence, let him say: I drink this Holy Wine of Love In aspiration to the Lord Above! To fill my soul with ecstasy sublime And to partake of the secret Joy of the Divine! Let the Magician now ignite the incense, smelling its inspiring scent, and let him say: I breathe in my body a sweet scent of bliss More subtle and informing than Hell's own Kiss! To inspire my mind with the Knowledge of The One And to nourish my Spirit with the Liberty of the Sun! Let the Magician now touch himself with Abramelin Oil, and feeling its fiery sensation thrill through his body, let him say: I touch my body with the Holy Oil To awaken the Serpent to Uncoil! To embrace my aspiring and reverent Heart With the subtle Force of this Ritual of Art! Let the Magician now strike the Bell 3-5-3, and hearing its sound thrill in the depths of his spirit, let him say: I hear the sound of the Sacred Bell Casting upon me its Mystick Spell! To arouse and awaken me To Go, As I will, above and below! Let the Magician now take hold of his Wand (or use index finger), and trace in the East, above the Altar, the Sigil of the Sphinx, and let him say: In search of True Liberty, Love and Light, And the sacred splendour of the One True Life, I swear and I promise to Will and to Know, To Dare and to Keep Silent the Life Ineffable! Let the Magician now give the Sign of the Sphinx, and let him say: As a Magician these things I shall never forsake To the glory and worship of the Great and Holy Snake! Who embraces me in the mighty grip of His power So that I may accomplish my Will in this hour! Let the Magician now give the Sign of Horus, and let him say: In the Sign of the Supreme and Terrible Lord, Crowned and Conquering and Most Adored, I swear to perform the Four Powers of Skill: Knowledge, Courage, Silence, and Will! That I may accomplish the Great Work of Sol And partake of the Four Glories of the Law! To attain the Knowledge and Conversation Of the Holy Angel of this Great Invocation! To Go upon my Way with holy zeal, For Love is the law, love under will! Let the Magician return in the Sign of Silence, advance to the Altar, strike the battery 3-5-3, and say: Abrahadabra! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Paul Hume Area: MagickNet To: Dave Mcclanahan 8 Feb 95 15:48:14 Subject: Sabbat UpdReq Dave - True for you, Saturday is derived from Saturni Dies (odd, since most of the other weekday names are Germanic) but (I forget if Wored's original note included this) Shabbatai is Hebrew for...Saturn. Interesting set of links for this day to the Old Boy, anyhoo. Paul 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Wored Area: MagickNet To: Gaia 10 Feb 95 23:56:00 Subject: Sabbat UpdReq Greetings! Sabbatu from the Babalonian? That's fascinating. I looked at some of the files I have on Babalonian mythos' and didn't find that reference. However, my files on Babalonian mythos' is not all that complete. I'll check out the book you mentioned. It rather makes sense. Many tribal groups used to send women "out" from the tribe when a womans' menstral cycle came. It was usually due to the belief that when a woman was menstruating, she was very powerful magically and thus any other magician/shaman that might be working while she was `physically' close to them might have something go "kablooie", or the magicians work might not work, period (no pun intended). Anyway, thanks for the info, You, too, keep on posting. The more info. we share, the better. Wored the Wandering Wonderer 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Mephisto Area: MagickNet To: All 11 Feb 95 14:53:36 Subject: Re: Sabbat UpdReq re:Webster's horrendous definitions If their is a Pagan on the Board of Definers (or whatever), I doubt that s/he would have spoken up, in the interest of maintaining job security.. Webster's doesn't know these definitions through some miraculous transfer of meaning... Write them a note and they'll update the definition eventually. Write them enough notes and they'll update it next week. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Brian Dare Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 11 Feb 95 13:12:00 Subject: Re: A SOURCE FOR RESH TIM UpdReq >LOL. Neither rain nor snow nor gloom of night, hm? ;> Unfortunately, I Actually, I prefer a good "gloom" now and then. ;> Guess it kind of goes the the requisite-personality territory (cackling madly)! >live in this weird old building nestled between a warehouse, sleezy bar, >and two other apartment buildings, so my chances of actually *seeing* Ra >in His Rising, Ahathoor in Her Triumphing, and Tum in His Setting when I'm >home necessitate standing in the middle of the street...hmm, wonder if Sorry to hear that, but the "weird old building" part sounds pretty cool (again cackling as I contemplate the summoning of my next Greater Daemon) ! ;> >there's any market in "Warning: I Brake for Resh-Heads" bumper-stickers? > ;> Almost busted a gut on this one! :D Still can't read it with a straight face! >I do like to be outside for Dawn & Sunset if at all possible, >specially if I'm somewhere *else*. Heh--I actually have a better >chance of being able to 'see' the Sun at Midnight than any other time. I end up sneaking off sometimes to the weirdest places to find some privacy, but living in Florida provides lots of as-yet undeveloped areas to work with. >> Amen! >AUMgn! ;> Don't quit, do you? :) >Nice to 'meet' you, BTW. Same here. I have seen your posts for some time. Guess the circumstances to correspond just haven't happened 'til now. Looking forward to conversing again. In LVX, BD --- * SLMR 2.1a * I crashed my Windows - used the Necronom Icon! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Christeos Pir Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 11 Feb 95 17:47:42 Subject: Re: A SOURCE FOR RESH TIM UpdReq -=> Rose Dawn sent a message to Brian Dare on 07 Feb 95 09:04:34 <=- -=> Re: Re: A SOURCE FOR RESH TIM <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. RD> hmm, wonder if there's any market in "Warning: I Brake for RD> Resh-Heads" bumper-stickers? ;> Make it "I Brake For RESH!" and I'll order a couple dozen! [Trots off to look for custom printing catalog...] Love is the law, love under will. - V - ... I pour you lustral wine, that giveth you delight 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Danith Whitestar Area: MagickNet To: Kai Mactane 11 Feb 95 15:31:48 Subject: Nature and CM Circles UpdReq Hiho, KM> This is the topic dragged over from _Celtic_. Great! I don't get _Celtic_, have some Druid friends, though. KM> It reminded me of an observation by a Wiccan friend in Massachusetts, w KM> She said that doing the LBRP outdoors gave her a sense of "architecture ^^^^? KM>as though pillars and a ceiling were being erected. By contrast, she said KM>casting a Wiccan circle indoors felt like leaves and vines had come inside. Wish I could do that! Midway through this reply, it was time to go outdoors to Bast & Sekhmet's dedicated area...it's not too bad today, @ 33oF but last week it was -7oF (figuring wind chill)....Brrr. KM>every Wiccan "textbook" tells you to cast your circle in bright blue (as nea KM>as I can tell, the same color used for the pentacles in the LBRP), the actua KM>_circle_ part of the LBRP is done in pure white. KM> I immediately theorized that the color might have something to do KM>with the permeability -- blue gives you a "solid" circle, white allows KM>you to walk out when you need to -- but when I tried testing it, I was unabl KM>to convince myself that the results I got (which were just what I expected) KM>weren't caused by my own expectations in that regard. KM> (This also got me thinking about the effects of circles done in other KM>colors of the rainbow, but the theory went nowhere, and I still considered t KM>first experiment hopelessly inconclusive, so I didn't follow up on it.) Well I don't have a choice, my dual Goddesses use the golden light of the sun period. I've found that I can send white light to a friend or use any color of the rainbow in any other fashion (e.g. as a shield). I am interested in the use of color though, and would appreciate the results of anyone's experiments. Danith, dedicated to Bast and Sekhmet --- * SLMR 2.1a * A Buddhist nudist practices yoga bare. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Wored Area: MagickNet To: Volcane 11 Feb 95 06:07:00 Subject: Chaotika UpdReq Greetings! I agree with you. I've only said that I found some of the obvious Sumarian correspondences interesting. Several people have jumped out of the woodwork claiming their expertise on Lovecraft. Several have also stated the the Cthuloids are nothing but destructive (as in Armegedon type of destruction). I disagree. I liked what you said about "tapping in". Concerning Lovecraft, that is wha I think happened. His dreams were filled with this Cthulu stuff. He was scared to death of his dreams, and his fear is quite prevailant in his writings. I think Lovecraft is a good example of what can happen when one can't (or won't) take an objective look at what is happening in ones' psychic realm. He can teach us all something about the "closed mind". In Chaos Magick, the Magickian uses a paradigm to go where s/he needs to. It's a logical way to work but when I speak to a lot of other practitioners, they consider Chaos Magick "dark", or "bad", or simply crappola. Usually I hear the former claims. It seems that Chaos Magick is getting a "bad" rep. for being many things. Unethical, amoral, eeeevvil. I know a lot of Chayotes' who are enjoying this "bad boy" reputation that's been taken as true by other practitioners, and in truth, I don't think this helps Chaos Magickians at all. I've read to many decriptions of us not to giggle. I giggle at the descriptions, but I also giggle at the accuracy of the descriptions. We all wear black leather biker jackets (that's certainly true of 80% of the Chayotes' I know). We all were something (anything!) that is an eight rayed star, and NOTICABLY (that's true of a good 90 % of Chayotes' I know) and we go out of our way to seem "ominous", (Yep, seen that too). I don't really give a f*ck what other people think of Chaos Magick, but I do wonder at the reasons why we are all so eager to fit the mold. The reason this behavior interests me is it is exactly what the I.O.T. wanted as a reaction from other occultists. I remember vividly, 4 years ago when Bob (Corvus) told me how much he got off on the fear being generated by himself and the I.O.T. (By the way, Corvus was the one who set these standards in the first place, leather jacket, putting on airs of how dark he was etc.) I didn't get it then and I certainly don't get it now. Personally, I would rather earn peoples respect, and not intimidate them into being afraid of me. Since it has been the Chaoists who have picked up the banner on the Cthulu stuff...what can one expect from other practitioners? Cthulu is sooo consistant with the "bad boy" reputation that's by us and towards us. It's amazing to me that Steve Wilsons book on Chaos Magick has gone by unnoticed. But then Steve isn't into the bad boy syndrome. He's into being a working Chaos Magickian. He uses Shamanic practices, Eastern occult practices, yoga, meditation. He just doesn't fit the mold. Thus his work goes by unnoticed while Phil Hines work is extolled as "the best a Chaos Practitioner could hope for". Yeah, good old Phil is the typification of the "bad boy", and he's a gay S/M black lether wearing eeevvviilll kinda guy. (I am not making judgements on his sexuality preference or how he he choses to express his sexuality). I just find it strange who the public is being given as the "ultimate Chaoist". Anyway, I'm babbling. I will end on this note. Steve Wilson book was received overseas' as well written and informative and more than educational. The only critiques that favor Phil Hines book come straight out of the I.O.T. The British press, have not given him any favorable reveiws, if they've bothered to comment on him at all. The reveiws I read out of England (separate form the I.O.T. and Chaos International, which is run by the I.O.T.) have called his work "nothing to take notice of". I've written this post because I hate the stereotypes are taken for truth about us. What's your opinion? Chaofaque! Wored 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718