From: Nadle Area: MagickNet To: All 20 Jan 95 12:03:04 Subject: Public Apology to WRCF Board Members UpdReq > From: Larry.Cornett@f629.n109.z1.fidonet.org (Larry Cornett) > Newsgroups: freenet.rel.newage.beliefs.journey > Subject: What WRCF has to say about the Iron Oak problem > Posted-By: xx394 (aa925 - Andrew D. Benjamin) > Date: Tue Jan 3 20:32:20 1995 > > This message covers the response that I got on 1/2/95 from calling the WRCF > hotline on 12/26/94 and leaving a message indicating an interest in their > events and what they know about the Iron Oak situation. [....] > Suzanne also complained that Harvey of Iron Oak, in some of his > correspondence, outed some WRCF people and people only remotely related > to WRCF (naming them with real names, when they were not public about > their Paganism). [....] I called my brother who is also on the Board of Directors for WRCF (The Wiccan Religious Cooperative of Florida) and asked him what the above reference was about, and why the President of WRCF was distributing this claim to people calling the WRCF hotline. He said that I supposedly "outed" the WRCF Board members themselves by referencing them in this and other forums as WRCF Board members. He said that most people don't know who the WRCF Board members are, or don't know how to find out. By referencing them here as Board members of a corporation with "Wiccan" in its name, and by calling them by their Wiccan names and not just their mundane names, I was confirming them to be witches. He also claimed that before my "outing" the WRCF Board members were private and secretive about their religious orientations. I had no idea that the Board members of The Wiccan Religious Cooperative of Florida, an incorporated Wiccan Church, felt that their religion was a secret, nor did I realize that they considered the public records of their corporation to be too obscure to be considered "public knowledge". I also had mistakenly assumed that their own references to themselves in their Wiccan newsletter, their Wiccan community calendar, their public statements in the local newspapers, their faxes to the local media, and their advertising in various forums would have made their religious interests publically apparent. I in no way intended to "out" anyone, nor was I aware that they felt I had "outed" them and were now warning anyone who called their hotline to beware of me by name. I hereby APOLOGIZE in this forum for making references to the WRCF Board members in connection with the Wiccan religion. I hereby RETRACT these references and ask all persons who may have read such references to PLEASE DISREGARD any and all statements I may have made that might seem to indicate that these people are witches, Wiccans, Pagans, followers of the Craft, believers in the Lord and Lady, followers of the Wiccan Rede or Wiccan Law, workers of magic, seekers of any path, or in any way connected with any spiritual community. I hereby state for the record that I do not now, nor have I ever believed such to be the case for any of the current WRCF Board members, nor did I ever intend to represent such to be the case to anyone at any time past or present, nor do I intend to do so in the future. I hope this clarifies my position and eliminates any confusion concerning this matter. __ Lord Nadle Verax Anima (Harvey Newstrom) (harv@iu.net) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Bobby Pennell Area: MagickNet To: Ash O'neil 17 Jan 95 23:46:00 Subject: RDNA Druidism UpdReq AO>I'll pass it along. She runs a grove in Winchester, NH. I've never me AO>Stephen, but I've heard a great deal about him. AO>--- Much tbanks, I greatly appreciate all the help that all you good people have given me finding old friends. I have had several long talks with Isaac Bonewits, it is with a great deal of apreciation that I thank one and all for allowing us to get in touch again. Be Well, Be Happy, Walk in Beauty. --- Out of the Mud Grows the Lotus --- ... From the Desk of Bobby C. Pennell ... ... Bring back the snakes! Ireland was better off Pagan! --- * TLX v4.00 * 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: RAINLAKE Area: MagickNet To: ALL 22 Jan 95 01:59:38 Subject: Sabbat UpdReq Anybody here know the historical/linguistic connection (if any) between the word "sabbath" and the word "sabbat" ? Someone on WildNet Religion asked me and I didn't know. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718