From: Wored Area: MagickNet To: Joseph Max 22 Dec 94 04:57:00 Subject: RE: ASTROLOGY UpdReq Yo max, I would venture the same thing in the number of the A:.X exceeding that of the American Section of the I.O.T., but then the last body count I heard on the American section was down to (and this is a generous estimate) somewhere between 15-30. Considering at the time I was in (three years ago) the numbers were up in the hundreds it looks as though the I.O.T. is in it's death throws. The AX however seems to be growing steadily and without `instigating' aggressiong and hostility in it's membership. Maybe that's because the AX has been busy doing Magick instead of being consumed in political bullshit. "LIFE IN EXPANSION KNOWS KNOW RESTRICTION", cried the Wandering Wored 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Wored Area: MagickNet To: Christeos Pir 22 Dec 94 05:47:00 Subject: Re: CHAOS UpdReq I have lived wth the Dine' (Navajo people). So there's one answer to a question. Oh Chile and window Rock, been there done that. The question arising on Navajo Sandpainting seems a moot point. i thought the question was about sigils in other cultures period. i bruoght up earlier about the Huichol peoples but since there seems to be know answer on the Yarn Paintings of the Huichol people yet, I'll bring them up again. There are several other tribal peoples that use their art (with out the singing or dancing) to bring good medicine into their lives. Thier is also the Tibetans Shamans, the Apache Sorcerers, and a whole lot of others. However, for the moment due to the availability of material (recently) on the Huichols, why not look at how their Yarn Painting work for them. Information on the Navajo people is ALWAYS disputable. The Navajo are very guarded about their religion and very few people (that includes White Anthropologists who have spent their lifes' work) as well as othe tribal Americans, really are brouhgt within the Dine' inner circle. I've seen Navajo Sand Painting executed without any singing or dancing for accompanyment. That doesn't mean a thing. Anthropoligists, are in a quandry as to most of the Navahos' TRUE religious practices. What the Navajo show a Belagana (outsider) and what they really pratice becomes more than debatable. However the Huichol have been much more open to inquirey. Why not look there? I certainally think it would be worth discussing. The Navajo are just too debatable in just about every aspect. They've never given out their complete Origin story, and it's well known that the navajo themselves have said that they modify their rituals for any public veiwing. So, any ideas on the Huichol Yarn Paintings? When I first approached the Huichols work and discription thereof, i can honestly say first word in my my was `sigil'. Any other opinions? Wored 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Wored Area: MagickNet To: Christeos Pir 22 Dec 94 05:49:00 Subject: Re: CHAOS UpdReq Greetings, O.K. I get it. It's a Navaho thing being pursued here. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Helrunar 23 Dec 94 05:25:20 Subject: Re: PICTURE RITUALS UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > Will do! Hmmmm.. with chocolate> ;) LOL. Hmmm...I'll have to dust off some of my books, cuz this is, after all, an old and honored tradition...not with chocolate though. But since we're not neither of us dogmatic magician types...get some Godiva, dude! };> > Hey A gargole would be purfect cause I could even make him stand in > the rune posture for protection. Since hes got wings and all that > would look ritious. naw it wouldent fit on the door I wana do > something BIG. Bigger than the door? Wall-sized? Have you done any sculpting at all? I know that's getting away from the subject of painting and drawing, but a sculpted figure would be way kewl...for some reason I think it's even something I might be able to do an adequate job with. > Art seem like it will make a good medium for majik cause you can > create anything you can think of. Tell me your not artistic. right> you keep coming up with all of these good ideas! I do think > its time I got off my but and started working on some of these ideas > though. ;) Well, art *is* magick...you're causing change to occur on a canvas with paint, in accordance with your Will...so it fits the def' perfectly. Also, every intentional act is a magical act! ;> But I know whatcha mean. I'll dig out one of my old books with some of Spare's magical art in it, I bet you'd be interested in taking a look. Heck, I never said I'm not *creative*...just doesn't manifest in a traditionally 'artsy-crafty' kinda way. Wonder if it has anything to do with relative ease of visualization...you'd think somebody who was ace at visualizing would also be a decent artist, but it didn't seem to work out that way for me. Maybe it's kind of an opposite effect on my part. Dunno! Good call, work on some of those ideas! LOL...you paint original rituals; I'll write some; we can each be creative in our own respective ways. ;> Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718