From: Wored Area: MagickNet To: JOSEPH MAX 13 Dec 94 14:05:00 Subject: RE: ASTROLOGY UpdReq Sorry Max, Recently i've been making some mistakes in posting. When I've ment to post to ALL, i've hit the /R button by mistake. Last week Josh got a reply that wasn't meant for him or anyone inparticular. It should have been adressed :To All. (i'm kinda new to computers and am having some problems with the little things in `interset courteseys'...oops that's `internet not interset) Anyway, I actually not on any real rampage over Pete. It does seem apparent though, that he seems to be the Chaoists' choice, when it comes to quoting and for discussions on chaos in general. I've put in other posts (on Antrax) that I think alot of this is due to a lack of availability for Chaoyoates' to get ahold of alot of the other literature that is no longer in publication. If it sounds like Pete hits a sour note with me it isn't just because of personality differences I have with him. In my past, I've belonged to other Magickal lodges and/or groups and I get kinda worried that since Pete is one of the only Chaoists' still being published that we might incounter the horrific ~Croweley is God' syndrome (with Petes' name exchanged for crowleys of course). When i look at the posts (including BBS' out of this area) his ideas and theories seem to be the only ones being discussed. I don't know about you, but the idea that in ten years or so we might have young Chayoates babbling pete the way Thelemites Babble their Crowleyian mottos' is a little alarming. however, i do realize, this is probably very far from possible as most people I know involved in Chaos...well, it's just not in our personality to be dependent on one source (at least not for long anyway). Sorry, if it seemed the post was a little over reactive. I posted it as such. In reading your posts and many other people like you, you don't fall into the guru load I'm talking about at all. If you thought it was drifting your way it wasn't meant to. It was posted with such adamance only to give some people pause for thought. (Maybe i overdid the adamence in my tone but I di post it to get some attention on the subject...sounds like I overdid it though). Thanks for your reply. It's gives me pause for thought on how one might approach a given subject to provoke thought without sounding mildly ...hysteric(?) Happy Yule and have a pleasant Morphic field experience! Wored /S 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Helrunar 16 Dec 94 09:49:12 Subject: Re: PICTURE RITUALS UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > Ya we wouldent want to stop banishing thats for shure. Just emagin > how strong your banishings would become after your subject to the > added efect of the pictures. And The pictures are afected by your > constantly banishing too. You could really build up a piecfull > environment charging the very walls of a temple that way. Those of us whose landlords would frown on our painting bitchin murals on the walls of the spare bedroom could probably buy king-sized sheets in elemental colors, fer-instance, and paint right on the fabric. Or we could just risk eviction. ;> > Hmmm do you think what your invoking would like being trapped in a > painting though? I hadent thought of that till just now. if your > invocation was related to the eliment fire at all it could be > dangerous even. =:o You know how flamable painting supplys can be! > hehehe LOL. What kind of ritual *would* you create via painting, then? Would wrapping and putting away the 'invocation' equate to a 'license to depart' kinda thang? I spoze if the painting was done as a ritual for a specific purpose, once the purpose had been fulfilled, you could ritually burn the canvas, kinda like getting rid of a talisman. I should probably bow out of the thread at this point, cuz while I think it's a fascinating idea, I'm about as artistic as a brick. :/ Be interested to see what you might come up with though! ;> Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718