From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Rab 6 Dec 94 10:06:48 Subject: Re: KARMA UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > I agree that the way karma manifests can, from an "objective" viewpoint, > seem impersonal or impartial, but from a personal or subjectiveperspective > it can be judged as good, bad, or neutral -- according to whether it helps > or hinders the accomplishment of one's (or any other's) desires or > aspirations. Agreed; but being such an individual perspective, I think that would show more about an individual's _samskaras_ than about _karma_ as an objective force. Also, it wouldn't necessarily 'line up'...actions that negatively impact another individual's desires or aspirations could have a positive impact on one's own, and vice-versa, so the same action could manifest as 'good' 'bad' or 'neutral' depending upon who's doing the defining. How would the effects of the action then manifest? > As long as one has a goal to attain, therefore, evaluating karma can be > very useful. One needs to know what works well, and what doesn't. > In a state of transcendance, of course, the nature of evaluation and the > view of karma has become radically different. Do you see 'karma' as identical at certain levels with 'Success is thy proof' then? 'What works well and what doesn't' sounds a lot like my preferred def' of karma...we act, and people/things react. Finding out what works and continuing it, and what doesn't and getting rid of it, is the next logical step within the framework of that def. Hmmm...do we really disagree? > Really, I think if we substituted "sometimes" for "often", and perhaps > "often" for "more", in certain of our statements, we could agree. > There are all sorts of qualifiers that shape the outworkings of karma. My 'problem' with discussions of karma isn't that some people see it as an objective force, or believe that it 'accumulates' and influences the outcomes of actions, but more that all *too* many people seem to see this as a reason or excuse to put up with crap that shouldn't be put up with <"it's the result of 'bad karma'"> or, alternately, become so timid about possible negative karmic return that they don't get anything done. I 'believe' in the 'Law of Karma' that states: when we act, others react...nothing mystical about it, it's plain common sense. People who are able to incorporate cosmic schemas without losing their common sense are too few and far between for comfort--IMHO of course! Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Bobby Pennell Area: MagickNet To: All 21 Nov 94 12:41:00 Subject: RDNA Druidism UpdReq I was formerly the Server of the Berkely Grove of the Reformed Druids of North America. The Precheptor was Stephen W. Abbott, and the Arch-Druid was Isaac Bonewits. I thought I would say hello to any and all who I might have run into in the past. I have lost contact with most of the people I have worked with in the past. I primarily work with Victor H. Anderson, Grand Master of the Feri Tradition of Wicca. I would be glad to hear from any and all old and new friends out there. ... Beyond Here There Be Dragons!!! ... The way to man's heart is thru his stomach, he said fondeling his dagger 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718