From: Christeos Pir Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 31 Oct 94 22:56:52 Subject: Re: CHAOS 1/ UpdReq -=> Rose Dawn sent a message to Christeos Pir on 28 Oct 94 07:23:28 <=- -=> Re: Re: CHAOS 1/ <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. RD> believe it or not, it's neither procrastination nor memory lapse RD> that's prevented me from sending you the PBR _Sexual Magick_...but the RD> fact that I had promised to send some printed material along with the RD> book, and my H-P Deskwriter is *broken*. :'{ Tsk... sorry to hear that. If it ain't one thing it's another, no? :-( RD> Can you read 3.5" Macintosh formatted disks? Or could 'someone' RD> convert em for you? If so, I'll send a disk along with the book, and RD> get em in the mail to you ASAP...and if you could find some way to RD> send Josh's schtuff on a Mac disk to me as well...why, that'd be just RD> about perfect! ;> Paul can print them out for me, but I don't know if he can _convert_ them. I don't have a way to convert these. You _could_ settle for hardcopy, but so far we're at almost 90 pps, and he's only up to #16 of 91! Maybe I could E-mail them to you one at a time, and you can grab 'em off the board? Love is the law, love under will. - V - ... Abraham, Heber, Shem and Noah, who were Druids, 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 1 Nov 94 15:09:04 Subject: Chaos UpdReq RD> Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. RD> RD> Hiya Josh...hope you're not upset about my having evoked RD> you without asking first. ;> (confused) Eh? > As a practical matter, I've invoked Bugs Bunny with success equal to > that I get with most respectable gods of any pantheon. Next to that, > Tolkein's characters hardly seem an extreme variation from traditional > forms. RD> RD> But Bugs is so much *kewler* than Tolkien's characters! ;> RD> And SOooo much less depressing. Something about all that tragic noble angst in Tolkein really drains me. Almost as much as M.Z. Bradley's stuff. RD> I seem to recall your mentioning at one point seeing Bugs RD> Bunny and Elmer Fudd as Set and Horus--have I got it RD> right? Heh. I think it was a joke, actually. Bugs makes a good representative of the rebel and wrench-in-the-works aspects of Set, but I'd say he's more Erisian, overall. And consider that carrots are orange and green, the colors of Hod and Netzach, the spheres of the Intellect and the self-image. These are the spheres that are most affected by Erisian mind-f*cks. Bugs nibbles on carrots the way Eris nibbles at the minds and egos of her victims. Elmer's a bit too anal-retentive for Horus, though his fondness for weapons might be Horus-like. More Osirian, maybe? He does represent Established Authority -- notice how often he shows up in the cartoons in uniforms? So maybe those two would be better as embodiments of the Erisian and Anterisian forces. The Hodge and the Podge, the Apple and the Pentagon, etc. RD> The 'basic archetypes' are all in place, really RD> with the exception of the Enochian entities, and this is RD> interesting to me because, as you point out, the 'nokie RD> system is widely purported to be the or one of the most RD> potent around. Not only have their been no cults of RD> religious worship associated with the system, but the RD> Enochian critters don't seem to *me* to 'fit' with any RD> known 'archetype' from any pantheon I can think of. Well...The Church of Satan did use the Calls, but I don't know if they ever actually contacted the Enochian beings, or used the Tablets as part of a religious system. Does that count as "worship"? Given that they replaced the names of god with the word "Satan" in all the Calls, I doubt the contacts would have been very satisfactory. I agree that there's something about the Enochian "angels" that resists categorization or solid associations with particular archetypes. They seem to connect to the world along some dimension that doesn't have much to do with the neurological and mental biases of human beings. And it's clear from my researches that they connect into many extraterrestrial spiritual schemas just as solidly as they do into the one in use here on Earth. My current thought -- not yet fully developed -- is that they are a manifestation of some sort of meta-schema, of which the local schemas used on different worlds are particularizations. ___ X SPEED 1.30 [NR] X 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 1 Nov 94 08:19:26 Subject: Re: ARROWS'N'THANGZ UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > Hmmm. Maybe it's just somebody saying "THIS way, you idiot!" Good call, dude. ;> All my spiritual awakenings thus far have been *rude* awakenings, dont'cha know! > I think it's sporadic everywhere. Dunno if folks just aren't posting, or > there's some problem in the links. When I finally got thru to BaphoNet after a NO CARRIER kinda week, I saw around 100 messages in the Thelema echo that never showed up here...so it *must* be a linkage problem. An effect of the weird Mars-Merc energy that's been zipping around here'n'there, maybe. I sure do hate when that happens. :/ Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Frank Mertus Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 1 Nov 94 10:09:62 Subject: Re: RPSTOVAL UpdReq RD>Enough messages with info about RPStoval Oasis have passed back and RD>forth that I'd assume that by now the gentleman who was looking for RD>local O.T.O. bodies has probably seen the address, or at least the RD>name...no idea why he asked me, in particular, for the info. ;> The concept works well for infomercials. That address, again is...... And one more time...The address at the bottom of your screen is.... 93. --- ~ OLX 2.1 ~ Back Up My Hard Drive? I Can't Find The Reverse Switch! -- DLG Mailroom:QWK v1.0 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718