From: RAINLAKE Area: MagickNet To: ROSE DAWN 28 Oct 94 02:16:10 Subject: Re: REPLY, PART ONE UpdReq Sorry, this is as much of your post as I can reply to right now--I have a hard time with editing/answering anything much over 50-60 lines at the moment. -> I've researched the matter a bit, but am far from expert novice>. Sure, would love to! -> I get a good deal of help from something tasty: 2-3 rounded tsp. (start with 2) of a mixture of 2 parts German (yellow) chamomile, 3 parts lemon verbena, and one part lemon balm, boiled for two minutes in a coffee-mug's worth of water and then steeped for ten to twenty minutes. *After* the boiling stage but before the steeping, add a rounded tsp. of peppermint. (Never boil mint--it loses ALL its flavor.) You can make a pot of this and sip about as much of it as you want thru the day...barring allergy, the only side effect I've ever seen from too much is sleepiness, and the one allergic response was to linden, an ingredient I no longer include in the recipe. Some people get indigestion from chamomile; if you're one of them, omit it from the mixture and use more lemon verbena. On really bad days, I add a tsp. of twinleaf root to the boiling mix and sweeten the result all to hell (twinleaf is an excellent muscle relaxant, but it's *intensely* bitter. It can, incidentally, be used as a painkilling soak or compress, like epsom salts.). STANDARD LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a physician and therefore cannot claim to give expert medical advice. I simply share what's in the literature and what has helped me and others. I will not knowingly recommend any herb on the USDA "unsafe" list, and I do follow the safety research from at least six countries and in two languages. But nobody can read everything, so you will use these suggestions at your own risk. If any of this gives you really untoward effects, suspect allergy, stop consuming it, and get qualified help immediately. -> snow.' IOW, no matter how tempting, I ain't giving up, in, or out. ; Good for you, kiddo. Me either, most days, tho' I do sometimes just have to go sleep for two or three days with the phone off the hook. -> with varying amounts of Sacred Coffee having been consumed before var -> Make it strong enough and a teensy little Cone of Power will rise over your Mr. Coffee and hurl itself at your solar plexus, and you'll be transcendently wired alllll day. TOO cool. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Christeos Pir 28 Oct 94 07:23:28 Subject: Re: CHAOS 1/ UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > BTW, I have all of Josh's "91 Parts" thus far (up thru #15) if you > need 'em. Or you can wait until the book comes out. believe it or not, it's neither procrastination nor memory lapse that's prevented me from sending you the PBR _Sexual Magick_...but the fact that I had promised to send some printed material along with the book, and my H-P Deskwriter is *broken*. :'{ Can you read 3.5" Macintosh formatted disks? Or could 'someone' convert em for you? If so, I'll send a disk along with the book, and get em in the mail to you ASAP...and if you could find some way to send Josh's schtuff on a Mac disk to me as well...why, that'd be just about perfect! ;> Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Chris Stoudt Area: MagickNet To: All 30 Oct 94 00:00:06 Subject: contact... UpdReq Hello. I had some dealings with a certain entity back in high school but since then nothing. I am now trying to reinitiate the contact. Basically what I am asking for is if anyone has had any contact/info/etc on the entity called Astoreth, also known as ASTARTE and a few other names. I would like to hear any stories about dealing people have had with her. I am trying to see if what happened to me was real... My belief status in this whole feild is going down hill and I need to reassure myself... :) Especially since I have not had that many supernatural experiences... I would appreciate any info.. thanks... also info on how I might contact Astarte again... Also has anyone ever had dealings with Mekalikor (SP?) before, or info on him too... thanks u for the reply... Shadow Fax ... Internet pizza order: Supreme.noanchovies@Dominoes.org ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 29 Oct 94 11:45:02 Subject: Arrows'n'thangz UpdReq RD> Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. RD> RD> Greets! RD> Howdy! > Heehee. _Of_course_ a Sagittarian magician would know about arrows! ;-> RD> RD> Sag. was one of the first things that occurred to me, but it didn't look RD> like the kind of arrow an archer would use, y'know! More RD> like a big, pretty blue-and-gold 'Detour' sign or RD> something! ;> RD> Hmmm. Maybe it's just somebody saying "THIS way, you idiot!" RD> The mail flow to our Enochian echo--as well as the Thelema RD> echo ( :/ ) and a few others has been sporadic lately. I RD> call Arena once in a while, so I'll check there soon and RD> see if anything goes ::ping!:: for me. ;> RD> I think it's sporadic everywhere. Dunno if folks just aren't posting, or there's some problem in the links. RD> Something's starting to gel around what you're saying, but it's not quite RD> 'there' yet...and seems pretty much completely personal-- RD> not in the sense of 'too intimate to share,' but in the RD> sense of 'applicable specifically to me, and not relevant RD> on any wider scale.' So I'll mull some more and prob keep RD> my conclusions to myself, since I doubt they'd be useful RD> or interesting to anyone else. RD> Well, glad it helped some. ___ X SPEED 1.30 [NR] X 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 29 Oct 94 12:09:04 Subject: Arrows'n'thangz, part 2 UpdReq > It works that way for me. All my "faults" and "virtues" are really the > same basic themes or energies, played out in differing contexts. RD> RD> Crowley as a Solar/Martial manifestation is awfully obvious- RD> -you're a little more enigmatic, possibly just because I'm RD> an Enochian-dunce and haven't really read much of your RD> work, just your posts on the nets. What 'type' of RD> manifestation are *you*? I don't think it would be any clearer if you had read my stuff, as my personality aspect was deliberately designed to resist categorization. There and on the net, everything you see has been filtered through my Mercury, which lies in the first degree of Capricorn conjunct a Sag. midheaven. Sort of the "scribe" sub-function of the being. Basically I'm a manifestation -- I think I could justly say "avatar" -- of Horus' old rival Set. In astrological terms, this would be Uranian/Martial, with just a hint of Pluto. > reader; it keeps a database of old messages, so I don't have to go > sorting through half a dozen old packets to find the threads of a > discussion. Taglines or easy reference? What a choice to make... I'm sure the easy ref is much more convenient...but much less entertaining for your public audience. ;> I suppose I could read and reply using Blue Wave, then load the stuff into the other one for reference. Windows is supposed to allow multi- tasking, but I haven't tried it with QWK readers yet. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: MagickNet To: Rainlake 29 Oct 94 13:22:06 Subject: nam signa coeli ultima.. UpdReq R> Fascinating. If you should happen to get the time and inclination at R> some point, I'd love to hear your insights into Aquarius (I'm on the R> Aquarian side of the Aq./Capricorn cusp, a decidedly odd mix to deal R> with). Hmmm. Don't have time at the moment, but if you don't mind a call to D.C. or NYC, Arena of Anon BBS and Baphonet BBS both have a copy of a paper of mine titled "The New Aeon: A Consideration of the Astrological Symbolism." A great deal of this paper concerns Aquarius, particularly its manifestations in the societal context. It's in the files section under my real name, Ben Rowe. ___ X SPEED 1.30 [NR] X 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718