From: Colleen Pearson Area: MagickNet To: Morgan Le Fey 10 Sep 94 15:49:14 Subject: FAMILIARS UpdReq On 08-29-94 Morgan Le Fey wrote to COLLEEN PEARSON... ML> CP> Well *sneaky grin* as my soul is faerie I can tell you that cats ML> are ML> CP> drawn to them.. I am owned by two, Baen Sidhe ( male ) can tell ML> if I ML> CP> am not feeling well, he will not sit on my lap, but will keep ML> within ML> CP> 2-3 feet of me till I feel better! It's really beautiful :) ML> ML> Perhaps the same goes for elves? I am an elf spirit and cats ML> are ML> definitely drawn to me. ML> ML> Bright blessings, ML> ML> Morgan Yes, and if you live your nick then that has something to do with it as well, Morgana was always great with beings other than humans.. Misty --- * OFFLINE 1.58 * ((((((((HYPNOTIC))))))))((((((TAGLINE)))))))) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Rose Dawn Area: MagickNet To: Joseph Max 9 Sep 94 08:31:46 Subject: Re: MONEY MAGICK UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. I've been thinking about different schtuff surrounding money and magick lately, & I realized that, while I've always believed in what I was doing, it's been the whole money magick thang that brought about the 'Holy sh*t, this stuff WORKS!' reaction that most people seem to get behind something unpleasant or frightening in ritual...and wondering why that is! Couple possible explanations I've come up with have been (1) I've already faced down my share of unpleasant and frightening stuff in everyday life, and (2) It's easier to find logical explanations for unsettling occurrences, whereas something as tangible as I-want-money-WHOOMP!-there-it-is either falls into the 'It worked' category, or the entire-chain-of-bizarre- coincidences-of-timing category. Course, I don't discount the obvious--that the profound psychological and emotional effects of ritual lead one to seek and notice opportunities that might've been discounted otherwise--but that *is* magick! Ok, enuff babbling.... > No s**t. The spellworking I described was done at a time when I was almost > unemployed and broke, but I was still too damn proud to get on G.A. So I > hustled instead, but after spinning my wheels for weeks, I wanted _out_! I don't want to slam everyone who accepts financial assistance--a couple years ago, after hospitalization and loss of job, I was on AFDC for three months. Soon as I was able, I was back to work--the danger lies in accepting poverty and dependence as a lifestyle. Come to think on it, wealth and dependence is a lousy choice too! >RD> conclusion that those who insist money means nothing have always had >RD> enough of it! > > Or have resigned themselves to being poor and their attutude is one > of "sour grapes". Sad but true. > Interesting -- my SO and I are to become parents sometime next February (if > all goes as planned). I may be corrosponding with you in the future about > the subject of raising second-generation magicians. Swell! Good luck. :> It can be pretty amusing when they hit adolescent rebellion and decide to be conservative and loftily disapproving for a while. I don't think it's that different from raising 'traditional' kids, the various steps along the way just manifest slightly differently. > You are right of course - the important thing is that one _thinks_ about > such things and frames them in a context that is meaningful to _themselves_ > and not simply follows the "path of the Secret Ascended Masters ofthe Great > White Brotherhood" just because "that's the _proper_ way it's done, > grasshopper..." Sure. It was musick that got me thinking about the effectiveness or lack thereof of 'traditional correspondences'...ie, that military marches would be a *lot* more likely to make me think of the Fourth of July or old Warner Brothers cartoons, than Mars/Geburah/etc....and that this would tend to jar or interrupt the energy of the ritual, rather than harmonize and add to it. > NEwayz, that kicked off a whole free-association process about how much and in what ways things have changed, and which traditional ways of doing things have held up, and which need to be tweaked a little or a lot to 'make sense' to me personally. >JM> likes to _move_. Money in motion replicates itself. Money hoarded >JM> slowly dies. Of what use is money that is never spent? This is another thing the jaded bopper kid and I were talking about recently. I think money 'seeks out' balance, just as other 'things' do...miser and spendthrift are equally ineffective extremes. Money doesn't like to be *wasted* anymore than it likes to be hoarded. Once the immediate needs are covered , I decided to invest some , blow some, and use a sizeable chunk to make people I care about happy, including donations to worthy causes and some really bitchin presents to celebrate aforementioned kid's Lesser Feast. ;> A semi-interesting side-note: Tami just received a nice chunk'o'change herself, a settlement that she should've gotten back in February, that had been delayed so long I'd almost forgotten about it...and my partner in some of the small series of rituals, while not consciously seeking anything for himself, has been scheduled for LOTS of overtime at work--LOL. The adage 'be careful what you ask for' comes to mind. };D > Precisely. A lot of effects magick has to to with psychologicalengineering. > If a spellworking doesn't have a powerful psychological component, it > probably isn't going to be very effective. Like your comments about Fer-sher. > spells; rather than try to cast a spell on a particular other person > to gain > their affections, it's far more effective to cast a spell on _yourself_ to > make yourself more sexy and attractive. Also it allows your subconcious the > oppourtunity to "choose" the partners that are more appropriate to oneself; > one's subconscious always has better taste in these things anyway . Yeah! Sitting on yer butt doing nothing, waiting for everything to come yer way is illogical and 'bad magick' but narrowing the focus *too* much ain't no good either. The best result possible is a distant second to the best possible result. > Interesting. Did she have any particular objection, or was it just > "dumb?" Heh. I think her intense awareness of what 'being kewl' entails made her back up from terminology such as 'money *likes* to move'...IOW, I think her objections were more semantical than real. When I asked her what she thought was different about using a charged-up buck to pay one another, from any other type of magick, she didn't really have an answer . Since coming into her own good fortune, she's been rethinking a few of her ideas. When she gets past the adolescent thang and actually thinks about an idea--any idea--the kid's usually pretty profound. She's sparked a lot of insights in me, as well as herself. > You could be right -- I would definitely think that any ritual one designs > oneself will be more effective. But I do think the nature of a > ritual itslef > is _also_ part of making it effective, and it's appropriatness to one's own > situation. Since this idea seems to have struck a resonant chord in > you, it would probably be effective for you too! Agreed. The general 'type' of ritual is important, and will be more or less effective based on the personal quirks of the individual/s performing it. And the idea most definitely clicked for me right away! >RD> In my experience, 'tweaked' rituals are incredibly powerful, while >RD> i-dotting and t-crossing is more along the lines of 'good magical >RD> practice.' > > "Good magickal practice" be damned. I've seen so many people so hung-up on > figuring out what is the "right" phase of the moon or getting exactly the > "right" color of Venusian green candles for a ritual that they never get > anything _done_! Again, sad but true. By 'good magical practice,' I meant good practice for somebody exploring magick, rather than 'sound' or 'effective' magical practice. A ritual can easily be elegant, attractive, and perfectly performed, yet lack any spark of heart or soul or passion. To me, it thus becomes a stage production, rather than an act of Will...all Art, no Science, or all Science, no Art. An individual will *know* if the details are 'close enuff'; or *should* know, if they're not too hung up on petty perfectionism to listen to the intuitive voice. > There is no more meaningful criteria for gauging "correct" magickal > operations than _success_. QED. Damn skippy! ;> Love is the law, love under will. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fran Mcgee Area: MagickNet To: Joseph Max 9 Sep 94 23:06:00 Subject: Money Magick UpdReq Quoting JOSEPH MAX to MORGAN LE FEY concerning Money Magick: JOSEPH MAX to MORGAN LE FEY It seems to be a given that many (if not most) practitioners of the magic arts and sciences regard the aquisition of material wealth as being an activity that is "beneath" them. It's as if material possessions and crea I have to say, that I like money as much as the next guy...at least I like to have enough to live comfortably and not have to worry about next month's mortgage payment. I have noticed that most Pagans and other Magicians seem to have the attitude towards money which you describe...sometimes it makes me feel guilty for having enough. (I am trying to shake that one...I know we deserve what we have, and we are responsible for having enough) Material wealth is not the most important thing to me...I also try to use the money I have as wisely as possible. I even subscribe to a magazine called the "tightwad gazette". Idea being, that I don't like our worlds commercial traps, and I like to get as much bang for my buck as possible. I shop in thrift stores and garage sales...(though if I didn't tell you you'd not know by the way I dress)...I like to have a closet full of clothes...I like even better when I can get them for 25 cents a piece. I also like to save as much of our Mother Earth's recources as possible, and see thrift stores and such as another means to recycle. As far as magick goes...I work for the essence of what I want...the feeling...not for a specific dollar amount...I believe that just because I have enough, does not mean I am depriving someone else...When I work for prosperity, I work for a feeling. Like recently, we were building our new house, and were having some problems. I worked and visualized the feeling I wanted from the completed house, of space and peace and being my own place...I visualized myself standing in front of my new sink, infront of the large bay windows, looking out...of looking up out of my skylights and seeing the stars. Now that feeling has manifest itself in my life, and I am in my new house and do these things on a daily basis. The new mortgage payment is much higher than our old one...and rather scary, so I worked, and am still working, on making the payment feel comfortable to me, and so far it does, and I know it will continue to do so. I feel I have enough, and that is the feeling I work for. I also share, and give as well. Thank you for giving me a chance to explore the way I feel about money, and reaffirm that I do not have to feel guilty about having enough. Guilt is not wellcome in my life. Blessings! Fran Fran McGee...Internet: Fran@Prostar.com Fidonet: 1:343/182 Message written at 11:15pm, on Thursday, September 8, 1994. * Apex v4 * Watch where you go...Remember where you've been. * It's been Real.....(what I don't know)..... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fran Mcgee Area: MagickNet To: Valkyrie 9 Sep 94 23:06:00 Subject: Internet UpdReq Quoting VALKYRIE to FRAN MCGEE concerning Internet: VALKYRIE to FRAN MCGEE No, I didn't get the message. I never did get things reconfigured right there it seems. Glad to hear you got your house. Well, I'm glad you got this message! The house is Wonderful...I actually have room to move around without barking my shins...though I still do that occasionally. VALKYRIE to FRAN MCGEE Right now I'm working on my Elder's project for the Ring of Troth, and doing a lot of research. I've been studying ritual and myth in particular and trying to work with the other members of our Garth to develop some rituals for our use that are particularly our own since our focus is somewhat different even from other Asatru folks. Yor have been quite busy! Wish I could help, but I am way far behind you in research! Nice to talk again! Blessings! Fran McGee...Internet: Fran@Prostar.com Fidonet: 1:343/182 Message written at 11:26pm, on Thursday, September 8, 1994. * Apex v4 * Insanity is inherited. You get it from your kids... * It's been Real.....(what I don't know)..... 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Paul Hume Area: MagickNet To: Mike Ruiz 9 Sep 94 09:32:18 Subject: Positive UpdReq What in the qliphoth do "positive" and "negative" mean in this context? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718