From: Agthorr Area: MagickNet To: Ace Lightning 20 Jun 94 08:20:34 Subject: High Off Drugs UpdReq > Ace Lightning smurfed this message to Dan Stutzbach AL> Just *PLEASE* don't ever be afraid of it! It is a rare and wonderful AL> gift; learn to work with it, use it appropriately, and enjoy it, but AL> **NEVER** fear it (or anything that it brings to you!)! heh.. no, *I* would certainly never be afraid of anything weird happening to me.. ;) For that matter, very little frightens me... I'm WAY too "laid-back".. (however, that can be a problem in and of itself ) AL> The only "altered state" advertising is interested in is the state of AL> zombie-like mindless "shopping trance", in which you'll buy anything AL> if they repeat the name often enough. One of the should try selling "Om" cerial to the Hindus or something. Actually, lately those the "advertising executives" at Coke seem to be being creative... 1-800-I-FEEL-OK and such. (they still just want our money, of course..) AL> I was already in *college* when the pointy-eared logician/sex symbol AL> appeared. My formative years were the 1950's. They tried to convice us AL> that hiding under our desks would protect us in case of a nuclear AL> attack...and the Commies were likely to launch a nuclear attack any AL> day now. For media heroes, we had Howdy Doody and Superman. AL> Women were supposed to wear dresses and makeup, and smile a lot; if AL> they had jobs, they were secretaries, teachers, nurses, or airline AL> stewardesses (and an airline stewardess was probably "no better than AL> she should be"). Most grownups smoked cigarettes. Emotions, psychic AL> experiences, anything like that -- let's just not talk about it, AL> dear... heh.. well, YOU seem to have turned out okay. ;) AL> This packet has your mundane name on all your messages too. Yell AL> louder. :-) heh.. yeah, I noticed... fixed now though.. BTW, did you ever get my Internet mail? (now severely outdated ) -- Agthorr ... I am Clinton of Borg. Resistance is taxable. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Grendel Grettisson Area: MagickNet To: Prince Lodin 21 Jun 94 01:05:04 Subject: Definitions UpdReq > First off, what about the works of Margaret Ann Murray? Her > findings were published in 1921 and you KNOW that her research for this > publication dated back a year or more from this date...Gardner would have > been a head- strong teen-ager during this time. Certainly NOT someone who > could have conceived of the Gardnerian tradition. Murray's work has never been accepted by academics (those who are trained in research) and, in fact, has little evidence to back it. It was popular though and was probably the basis for much of Wicca. > Secondly, the Gardnerian tradition was the first to become > publicly known. Therefore, it is only natural that those who were > opponents to this form of "radicalism" would say that Gardner made it > up - just like opponents of politicians publish stories (real or imagined) > to discredit them...it's all the same game with opposition - slander. How does this prove he didn't make it up? Wassail, Grendel Grettisson Internet:mimir@io.com 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718