From: Sean Integlia Area: MagickNet To: All 4 Sep 93 07:00:04 Subject: Re: channelling UpdReq Newsgroups: pods.magicknet Lori-Ann.D'Antonio@f0.n9609.z93.fidonet.org (Lori-Ann D'Antonio) writes: > I've never had training, it just happens to me. Though I can see it > coming more often now than not, and I'm getting better at it all the > time. > > > AL> Usually, > AL> though, I open myself as a channel for Her (Him, Them) under ** MUCH > AL> ** more controlled circumstances...within a Circle, with other people > AL> who have also had the same training, and for a specific purpose. And, > AL> usually, it's better than most sex and all drugs. ;-) > > Sometimes I channel for the purpose of sex (but see above, I don't > invite them, they invite themselves). Which makes it better and magical > at the same time... > > --Lori-Ann-- Just a though here, but isn't channeling when you consciously call upon a diety to decend into the body ? If a diety just does it to a mortal without the mortal knowing about it, isn't that possession ? Even though I love the Goddess and the God, if They were to enter me without my consent, I would consider it to be a violation of my free will, unless of course it was a life/death situation, where to save a life, my strength alone would not suffice. Just a thought......... 93 Sean ---------------------------------------------------- seani@uriel.seekonk.ma.us (Sean Integlia) If dogs had Gods, would they look like Ren Hoek ?? ;> 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Beorn Area: MagickNet To: Kayla Block 3 Sep 93 19:19:24 Subject: Presley Gematria UpdReq KB> BTW, i can't stand elvis' music, myself. but i just 9c{couldn't help KB> but notice the parallels between elvis and jesus. I understand that "Hounddog" is actually an encoding of secret Essene teachings from the Dead Sea Scrolls. :^) ... And God said, "Do you want fries with that?" 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Beorn Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 3 Sep 93 19:26:22 Subject: Re: HELP!!! UpdReq RD> "This {name} believes he is some sort of Messiah when in the manic RD> state. He rides motorcycles at high speed on the wrong side of the RD> freeway and engages in many forms of suicidal thrill-seeking RD> behavior..." Boy...*that* sounds familiar. They once caught me doing 97, weaving in and out of traffic...just after I pulled over the rubber part of my brake pedal fell off. Also, I've rammed a cop car and rolled a car over, too. RD> I don't know if he was truly "bi-polar," as his RD> depressions were few and far between (though fairly serious when they I spent a lot of time depressed and less manic. I haven't been on the Lithium long enough to really tell if it's working yet. ... Not insane! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Beorn Area: MagickNet To: Rakshasa 3 Sep 93 19:30:40 Subject: Re: HELP!!! UpdReq -=> Quoting Rakshasa to Beorn <=- Ra> At the time I was taking Lithium (1983-84) I really wasn't Ra> too involved in magickal practices so I couldn't tell you. Since I Ra> didn't note any serious loss of thinking facilities (I didn't seem to Ra> be in any sort of a stupor, like I was with major tranquilizers), I Ra> wouldn't think that it would. Did you give up on Lithium or did they take you off??? So far it hasn't seemed to affect that part of my life. Ra> I would also say that suicidal stupor wouldn't help your Ra> magickal practices any... and for me mania manifests as paranoia, Ra> nervousness, and jumpiness, hardly something pleasant. I know people Ra> who enjoy manic states, but the lack of judgment attendant upon such a Ra> state makes this enjoyment a bit suspect. My mania is like the "fire in the brain" Rose Dawn was talking about...I *really* hope that's gone!!!! ... Once you have pulled the pin, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Shekhinah Area: MagickNet To: Kayla Block 3 Sep 93 23:10:02 Subject: Presley Gematria UpdReq -=> Thus spake Kayla Block to Beorn on day the 08-28-93 01:27 <=- Hi Kayla, KB> BTW, i am afraid that i am currently uniformed of elvis middle-name. B> Elvis Aaron Presley, I think. KB> oh no! an entire new line of research has been opened up to me. KB> wonder what i can get aaron to add up to! Then there's the added intrigue that noone can agree if it was Aaron or Aron. :) Now that should add something to the geomatric pot ;) L&L, -=*S*=- ... All Scottish food is based on a dare. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Shekhinah Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 3 Sep 93 23:13:04 Subject: Pathworking UpdReq -=> Thus spake Josh Norton to Fir on day the 08-28-93 11:47 <=- Hi Josh, JN> I've got an unfinished set of instructions for my version of pathworking .....deleted stuff...... JN> They turn out to be a bit long -- think I'll send them along with my JN> reply to your letter. No sense cluttering up bandwidth. Aaawwwww. I was looking forward to seeing those [pout]. How much batting of the eyelashes do I have to do? ;) L&L, -=*S*=- ... Eye of newt, toe of frog, and a side of fries, please. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Ace Lightning Area: MagickNet To: Lori-Ann D'Antonio 4 Sep 93 23:44:50 Subject: Re: channelling UpdReq I used to be a fairly talented telepath, along with some other psychic skills (precog, psychometry, "sense-of-place", proximity sense, diagnostic/healing for machines...). I lost ** ALL ** of it a while ago, and got back about 15%. Lately I've lost most of what I had left. I HATE being "headblind"!!!!!! (If anyone has any idea how I can get some -- all -- of it back.......but that's another issue entirely....) The "invited channeling" I received training in is part of the Wiccan rite known as "Drawing Down the Moon". It requires no psychic ability on the part of the person doing it; it works mostly by mental conditioning. In the tradition I belong to, men do it too, when it is known as "Drawing Down the Sun", or just generically (both sexes) "Drawing Down". Every time I've performed it in a ritual context, it's been ecstatic and wonderful (although I've seen it when someone else did it and got results which were unpleasant for them). I have been privileged enough to participate in the Great Rite once (that's sex where both partners are Drawing Down.....in effect, the sacred mating of Goddess and God, performed by human bodies). My son was conceived that night. The spontaneous "channeling" that took place when Aphrodite decided my "brother" needed a severe talking-to was NOT within a ritual context at all. I did sense it coming, and I could have (using my training) prevented it from happening, but I willingly allowed Her to use me, because I also thought he needed a severe talking-to! I had no way of knowing that She would leave me with such unpleasant after-effects, and I don't think She did it on purpose. I think it's just that a human body isn't really strong enough to be the channel for the anger of a Goddess. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Ken Uzzell Area: MagickNet To: Triple Six 4 Sep 93 17:59:00 Subject: Eckankar UpdReq Hi Triple Six, On (18 Aug 93), Triple Six writes to Ken Uzzell: TS> It is good to see you here. I'm abit out of my depth, but it is very interesting reading. TS> Yes, I have a few questions. First, do you believe, as Kevala, TS> that Eckankar was taught in its "pure form" _30,000_ yrs. ago, Paul Twitchell wrote about an unbroken brotherhood going back to several hundred teaching masters. I don't know how far back he had in mind. TS> and the words and concepts of Hinduism I mentioned in my msg. TS> to her (Ref. the OOBE echo) were "borrowed" from Eckankar? I haven't read the vedas so I personally don't know. Brad Steiger's book _in my soul i am free_ did mention some similiarlities between the Hindu writings and what Paul Twitchell calls Eckankar. TS> The elleged "evidence," discovered in an Egyptian excavation, TS> she claims to have _seen_ which, supposedly, proves that Eckankar TS> was taught in its "pure form" _10,000_ yrs. ago i.e. just as it TS> is today. I have sited a photograph that Kevala talks about. But I am unable to place my hands on it now or qualify it to you in this instance. If the photograph be truthfully and the spoken qualification real, then a teaching that did refer to the Eck symbol appears to of existed a long time ago. This purported finding was in 1983, some ten years after the death of Twitchell. I have not seen any announcements of this find within the organisation of Eckankar nor via any Government as archaeology fact. TS> It reminds me of all the "new-age" crap on the market, TS> tracing its lineage back to Atlantis, or some other, TS> similar drivel. Paul Twitchell was the founder of Eckankar. So Eckankar really is a New Age Religion IMHO. TS> Also, is it your opinion that both Blavatsky and Crowley TS> "borrowed" from Eckankar, like every other Path, religion, TS> and philosophy known to Man (that is, according to Kevala)? TS> Yes, that last sentence contained a bit of friendly sarcasm; TS> however, I am genuinely interested in this topic, as it seems TS> to me that, in reality, the situation is quite the opposite. My above statement should clarify the situation from my point of view. I have not read litreature by Crowley or Blavatsky. TS> Again, I am pleased to see you here, as there is much to TS> discuss which, due to the very nature of the OOBE echo, TS> would be off-topic. Understood. I feel I haven't got much to offer in this conference, but it is interesting reading, as you stated in oobe. | Quoting Kayla Block to Julia Phillips <=- KB> 93 julia, JP> We were talking of this one night, and one of our number suggested that JP> people find the "teacher" that is right for them, no matter what. JP> Therefore, someone being fleeced by a trendy pseudo-shaman is actually JP> part of that person's reality tunnel, and a very useful experience for JP> them. The fact that we may perceive it otherwise is irrelevant. I JP> haven't explained what I mean very well, but if you can pick up the JP> thread of what I'm going on about, do you have any thoughts? KB> i'm not too sure if i'm following you here, but let me try to see if KB> i've got it by throwing an example at you. years ago, when i had just KB> started to look for a magical order to hook up with, i found a group KB> that i hoped would be what i was looking for. i never was initiated KB> into the group, but hung out for a while and took some classes. the KB> reason that i wasn't initiated was because i felt that the big kahuna KB> of the group was basically fleecing people and taking them for a ride. KB> however, for the level of knowledge that i had then, she was very KB> helpful in instructing me in some of the basics. it was also through KB> her group that i ended up contacting the group that i have now been a KB> part of for years. in summary, although this 'teacher' was a fraud KB> (IMHO), it seemed that my hooking up with that group, turned out to be KB> a necessary part of my spiritual development. is this along the lines KB> of what you were getting at? Yup - got it in one . The conversation I mentioned above was along similar lines - we knew of a group in London (they exist everywhere!) whose practices were less than ethical, and who had a high turnover rate of would-be initiates through their doors. The discussion was: do we do anything? Firstly, would we be justified in interferring in someone else's life, and secondly, it was only our perception of events that was our guide, and we could be wrong. The conclusions we came to were that firstly, we all agreed that people are attracted and repelled by individual magical currents, and if someone attends a group or workshop, or meets a teacher, and feels that they want to pursue the matter, then they are probably attracted. Secondly, a group that is right for one, is wrong for another. Only individuals are able to judge for themselves. Thirdly, no, we had no right to interfere in whatever someone else was doing. It got very philosophical at that point, with us all agreeing in principle that even if life-threatening, we would not be justified in interferring, but I think that would change if confronted with reality. Rufus used the example of a doctor healing a primitive native by burning a wound with a fire brand - to an observer, it would appear to be an act of torture, but in reality, it could be saving a life. I still think that if any of us saw a life-threatening situation, which we could alter, then we would. But that's just my thoughts :-) B*B Julia ... Don't hold with schools. They gets in the way of education. (GW) ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: JULIA PHILLIPS Area: MagickNet To: MARK O. GARRISON 3 Sep 93 16:55:00 Subject: Re: Alchemy UpdReq -=> Quoting Mark O. Garrison to Julia Phillips <=- MOG> DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW Hi Mark - great to hear from you again :-) MOG> Actually, I suppose I will give the idea of a series some MOG> thought...To be honest, that would probably be much easier for me to MOG> write. With a series I could narrow down the focus and keep the essay MOG> much more organized and understandable. :) :) Thankyouthankyouthankyou..... it will be muchly appreciated, I can assure you. I knew that if I just mentioned a series, you'd see what a wonderful idea it was MOG> And no, I don't actually have anything already in progress. MOG> Although I tend to keep extensive notes and, of course, have the MOG> journal entries for all of my workings; still to this day, most of MOG> what I know exists solely in my head. And with being rather lazy, I MOG> have never quite gotten around to putting any of this information on MOG> paper--until recently. I don't know about you, but I find that sometimes it can be rather difficult to record some things. I was trained in a Hermetic system, which also has nothing written down, except for the notes after each working, or various analyses of exercises. I have published guided visualisation exercises from the system, but wouldn't like to tackle trying to actually write the whole thing out as a training guide. MOG> With writing for THE BRIDGE and for another MOG> publication that is in the works, I have finally found that added MOG> initiative that I have needed to get around to doing just this. And, MOG> it has indeed helped me immensely...However, I still am unable to MOG> write for myself--I still tend to need a cause or reason to get around MOG> to writing (like someone asking me to, or someone needing help...). MOG> Now if only someone would ask me to write a book! :) :) Well, one of the articles that appeared in Web a few issues ago has been incorporated into a book, due for publication this year, so you never know ;-) MOG> Well, that takes the stress right out of it, now doesn't it! You are making this far too easy for me! :) :) Well, MOG> like I said before, I'll see what I can do. Who knows, I might be able MOG> to get it out to you within the week! On ne sait jamais! Sometimes, on MOG> occassion, I have been known to work miracles. :) :) It's a miracle! It's a miracle! MOG> Perhaps I should learn from your example. We have been MOG> stressing out with the publication of THE BRIDGE trying to get it out MOG> by our deadlines...I suppose that getting it out is much more MOG> important than when. :) :) With our Capricornian Co-Editor now gone, MOG> this might be a much more productive way for us to publish! Well, I have found it less wearing on the nerves! Mind you, I've never had a Capricorn co-editor to have to deal with :-) MOG> Okay, I could send it to you in one of those formats on MOG> diskette. That will not be a problem at all! Now the next question is MOG> 5 1/4" or 3 1/2"? HD or DD? Oh, and as for the cost for disk and MOG> postage, you are very kind to offer, but as the costs to me are near MOG> negligible, there is no need to bother...I thank you, though, for MOG> offering! :) :) Thank you - any disk will do, but HD is better, if possible. JP> I have a scanner, if you have any illustrations which might be good to JP> include - it does woodcuts etc very well. MOG> Good idea! I'll see what I can dig up for you. :) :) I've been scanning some woodcuts for the latest issue - the file size is frightening! One of the Durer ones came up at 4.5 Mb - ooooh! Fortunately disk space isn't a problem - yet MOG> I'm not sure what the postage to Australia would be, so I will MOG> go to the Post Office and find out today. I'm sure it won't be a MOG> problem at all, but if worse comes to worse, that thought about a MOG> "reciprical arrangement" sounded most interesting indeed! :) :) We could exchange magazines if you like - I do that with a few magazines, and like the arrangement. Postage to Oz will probably be horrific and frightening - one the problems with us being on the other side of the world B*B Julia ... Shadows are not merely absence of light ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Bob Pendell Area: MagickNet To: ALL 29 Aug 93 07:21:40 Subject: Banishing Emily!!! UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. I see a lot of people along the eastern coast are working hard to shunt Hurricane Emily away from their areas. Maybe we'd do better if we all work together, huh? I suggest that we all concentrate our efforts on nudging the high-pressure cell in the Atlantic over to the east. That cell is blocking Emily's path to the north. With the cell shifted over to the east and a bit southward, below Bermuda, I estimate that Emily should turn more northerly and brush past Cape Hatteras, then head out to the northwest to dissipate over the North Atlantic. I would like to ask any experienced weatherworkers who pick up this message to help me in this effort. With a little cooperation, maybe we can send Emily off without harm to anyone. Any takers? A good low-pressure trough behind (west of) the high-pressure cell should help to lead the storm away from its direct path toward the coast. And a ridge of high-pressure running along the coast about 50 miles offshore would make a nice buffer. Thanks for your attention. Per Ardua Ad Astra The Wizard of Jacksonville 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Beorn Area: MagickNet To: Rose Dawn 4 Sep 93 13:29:06 Subject: Re: ELVIS CHRIST--SUPERSTAR UpdReq RD> Ha! And therein lies the mystery. ;> The birth certificate sez RD> "Aron" & the tombstone sez "A(a)ron." Fun schtuff, Maynard. ;> I guess she'll have to do the gematria both ways! I oughta do it on my own name one of these days...I'm too broke to buy the appropriate book(s). ... Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Beorn Area: MagickNet To: Ismark 4 Sep 93 13:34:56 Subject: Re: HELP!!! UpdReq B> I'm a computer programmer, an amateur musician, and a freshly B> initiated member of a Sufi Order. Yer not so weird, after all. I B> found PODS thru a listing on Compu$erve. Is> From the looks of things, I'd guess not. Kinda amusing just how Is> things seem to happen in conjunction sometimes, ain't it? Is> As a result of all this I am a Mason, a pagan, and am pursuing Is> ceremonial magick as best as my little human brain can fathom it. You're a Magan! :) Is> A word of warning though. If you ever decide to pursue CM properly, Is> be prepared for it to dominate alot of your time and $$$. IT's very Is> time consuming and very detailed in some instances. It is, however, Is> facinating stuff. Whatever you do (I'm sure this is an unessesary Is> warning), don't negelct the history behind all this stuff. When you Is> delve into the histories you'd be amazed at the common ground that you Is> find. I'm pretty much in Limbo as far as further study goes...no money. I have to concentrate my energies on the Mundane search for a job. My next task is to get myself clear via the Sufi practices (I hope). The Gods only know what's next. ... If Jimi Hendrix had a modem, would it be a purple Hayes? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Beorn Area: MagickNet To: Ismark 4 Sep 93 13:39:44 Subject: Re: THAT TOME UpdReq [Stuff about the biker look deleted] Is> LOL. I'm afraid I can't carry on that look. I'm too light framed for Is> it. I did once develop a beer gut though. It was a horrible sight, Is> this skinny longhaired guy with a beer gut. I don't have the physical Is> qualities to pass it off gracefully at all (g). I'm 6'1+" and 250 pounds (sigh). People ask me what sport I was in all the time. I *hate* sports! I used to have long hair, much of which is now down various drains. ... Mmmmmmmmm! Donuts! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718