From: Christeos Pir Area: MagickNet To: morgana 7 Aug 93 09:15:28 Subject: Re: millenialist-mediums UpdReq -=> morgana sent a message to Christeos Pir on 03 Aug 93 17:04:00 <=- -=> Re: Re: millenialist-mediums <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. JN> But Elvis is a good example of how some myth-patterns persistently re- JN> appear in human cultures. The mythical Elvis is a modern-day clone of JN> King Arthur, the pre-Arthurian Merlin, Buddha, etc. CP> Y'mean King Arthur went to the Vale of Avalon while having a drug CP> overdose on the toilet? Or was that Lenny Bruce? mo> Elvis=Arthur=Buddha? mo> well, you're certainly entitled to your opinions... mo> ...but whatever you were smoking, I wish you'd shared.... Look again at the above: Josh made that statement. I merely made it worse. Love is the law, love under will. - Christeos Pir ... But in the very hour I beheld corruption. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Christeos Pir Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 8 Aug 93 09:19:32 Subject: Elvis the savior UpdReq -=> Josh Norton sent a message to Christeos Pir on 03 Aug 93 18:08:00 <=- -=> Re: Elvis the savior <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. JN> Hmmm. I've always had a problem with Clarke's Theorem. What JN> constitutes "sufficiently advanced" technology? Ans: It looks like JN> magic. If someone choses to see it as technology and not magic, then JN> it isn't "sufficiently" advanced. Circular. (Sigh) This is one of the problems I have with _most_ logical arguments, ultimately. (And for most "Bons Mots" too!) I just chalk it up to "enough of because" and skip over it, usually. I realize it (logic) is a game, and just try to keep track of when we're playing (Hey, you can't put that piece on that square!) and when we're not (2=0). However, with that said... JN> I don't really think it applies to what I am thinking about, since the JN> technology in question doesn't exist at the time the vision of the JN> magickal version comes into the minds of the populace. And why doesn't that apply as well, just because they're separated in time? After all, time's just another dimension. (Given the rules of the game,) I find the Theorem applicable there just as well as when the Bushman sees the airplane, or whatever. JN> Hear then, O my people, the Key to the Mysteries of Elvis: _This_ is how you spend your time? You need to get out more, BR! ;-) The scary thing is that you're not only theoretically right, but may be literally right: I can truly envision a full-blown Elvis cult. Not just the personality worship we see now, which might only be the beginnings, but a true religious sect based on it. Anyway, they've got it all wrong: Bob Marley was Jah's True Son, who died by the hand of Babylon to redeem the Fait'ful. Love is the law, love under will. - Christeos Pir ... therefore were they arisen to the Palace of the Splendour Ineffable. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: MagickNet To: Mark O. Garrison 8 Aug 93 20:30:04 Subject: Re: THE NECRONOMICON UpdReq Hi, Mark - Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. MOG> Well, at your suggestion I ordered it on MOG> InterLibrary Loan...so, I should be entertained by it MOG> quite shortly...:) :) Let me know what you think. MOG> Really, the tiny bit of research I did on the subject showed MOG> that his father was indeed a mason (blue lodge I MOG> believe. I suppose I need to dig out my notes for the MOG> name of the lodge.), and that that LODGE was rumoured Anything about this in the de Camp bio of HPL? MOG> I suppose I might need to read more Colin MOG> Wilson, too? I was most disappointed by one of his MOG> books, and have to this day, never picked up another. Read'm all, they'll just write more! };-] Wilson's journalism is passable, but hardly outstanding, like _The Occult_ or _The Mysteries_. His fiction, especially _The Philosopher's Stone_ and _The Brain Parasites_ are excellent and thought provoking,a rare cut above the usual dreary run of HPL pastiche. His novella, _The Return of the Lloigor_ (in Arkam House's _Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos_) is interesting mostly as a chapter of _The Philosopher's Stone_, but lacking much challenge. MOG> Most interesting...you must have researched MOG> this topic well! ;) ;) ...And was the the STANZAS OF It is an ongoing project, you might say, and one which is unlikely to bear much fruit. };-] MOG> DZYAN by H.P. Blavatsky? I thought that they were a MOG> spurious invention also! Sure, but loosely based on the Vedas, and containing powerful suggestions of the immensities of Cosmic time and earlier and greater Races, both of which figure prominently in HPL's later work, e.g., _The Shadow Out of Time_. MOG> sources...I feel that an arguement might be MOG> successfully made, of course, that he may have tapped MOG> into a very powerful current...however, that is a different story! :) :) Whether what we would call a 'current' or a disturbing side effect of the irresolvable collision of materialism and romanticism in the same ungrounded intellect, I think that HPL's experience has much to teach a sympathetic and careful student. MOG> Oh yeah, I forgot that that was our job! How MOG> careless of me! ;) ;) Now as for H.P.L.'s maiden MOG> aunts, Beacon Hill Catacombs, and the Boston MOG> Coven...I have not a clue!!! What on earth are you MOG> talking about!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!! :) :) Hehehe. Just starting an unfounded rumour, of course! HPL did have a couple of maiden aunts, and there really are catacombs beneath portions of Boston's old north end, near the Copp's Hill Burying Ground, for instance, and there's at least one modern coven operative in Boston, so..... obviously there must be some connection.... NOT! MOG> Yes, it does seem like we read a lot of the same materials...and MOG> look in all the same dusty corners. :) :) And do battle with the same noxious spiders, too, I'll wager! MOG> But I ask you this: Do you honestly thing that MOG> anything that truly exists has any similarity to the MOG> Great Olde Ones or the Eldritch Gods? With the I've come across some pretty weird things both in dreams and variously-induced visions, some with similarities to some of HPL's critters. Since I'm particularly interested in gateways and suchlike, I've been exposed to a variety of Yog-Sothotheries, but usually without dire consequences! For the most part, I'm inclined to look more for the _sources_ of HPL's nightmares than their manifestation, and don't really expect to meet Shub-Niggurath dancing in the woods. By sources, I'm especially thinking of the same sort of sources as produce those visions of the Peaceful and Wrathful Deities I mentioned earlier, karmic and spiritual sources not necessarily equivalent to their appearance of effects. MOG> exception of the Qlipoth, I can not think of anything Definitely, one of the more unusual experiences I've had with Dark Gods was the result of using the 19th Key to call Amprodius; I've been so far unable to integrate certain aspects of the resulting visions, which are about as close as need be to one of HPL's incursions, say, _The Haunter of the Dark_. Advice: don't use the 19th Key to call Amprodius, especially _not_ into a crystal! MOG> else...I always had the belief that the material was MOG> all fictitious, but all things of the imagination MOG> have to come from somewhere... ;) ;) HPL may have had the psychic equivalent of AIDS, and became over time more and more incapable of defending against the influences of things alien to his bastioned materialism. MOG> :) Yes, I agree with the Xtian--Luciferian MOG> similiarities...I suppose H.P.L. might have been MOG> struggling with his mostly Xtian upbringing, too MOG> (just like another man we both know from that period!)... Hmmmm. Struggling, or perfectly willing to come to terms with it by espousing this or that heresy in his fiction, and thereby devalue the orthodoxy he'd early rejected? };-] A> Mysteries, and the more trouble you're likely to have with implicit A> Oaths,and awakened Guardians, and ... You're likely to end up with A> something you wouldn't dare publish! };-] MOG> He!He! I definitely concurr here! :) :) So all we can do is bury our research in a locked volume in a moldy crypt, and leave clues for the initiated to find.... };-] MOG> I think that I might be he! If you are MOG> speaking of Grendel (or even Chris Feldman)...then MOG> yes, I am most definitely he! I've held converse of more than passing interest with both,but I was thinking particularly of Grendel in this case, who had mentioned knowing a particularly scholarly magickian.... MOG> I was hoping for some information, as I was MOG> interested in possibly finding out more on them, MOG> though a contact address would be all I would really MOG> need. :) :) I have no qualms whatsoever with writing MOG> organizations for information...:) :) I'll dig out a more recent contact address, then, as that in the 'Monolith' issues is doubtless a bit dated. I'll post here when I've found it; gimme a day or two... A> BTW, have you found that Foreman's _Picatrix_ deviates substantially A> from the other versions mentioned, or is it much the same? MOG> Yes, very much so. His text was very innovative, to say the MOG> least. It seems to be compiled from as many texts as Nice, very nice; about what I'd been lead to expect. Thanks for the info. Love is the law, love under will, Az0th 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Paladin Area: MagickNet To: Thomas Izaguirre 6 Aug 93 10:41:02 Subject: Enochian UpdReq TI> True, but just the same one should preface one's revisions with some TI> disclaimers, otherwise you have the magical equivalent of TI> the film "Bram Stoker's Dracula" and we both know (assuming TI> you've seen it as well) it just ain't. It is more the TI> offshoots who are dogmatic about the GD system, though Pat TI> Zalewski's group seems to be slowly heading into the TI> original material of Dee. Have you considered the possibility that Dee followed in someone else's footsteps? Fri 08-06-1993 10:42:53 Paladin * RM 1.0 B0005 * Virtus Junxit More Non Separabit 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Paladin Area: MagickNet To: Titus Vandessel 6 Aug 93 10:24:04 Subject: THAT tome UpdReq TV> The only book that Herman Slater ever wrote was a wonderful little cookbook TV> called THE MAGICKAL FORMULARY. I suggest you check a little more in depth! Fri 08-06-1993 10:25:32 Paladin * RM 1.0 B0005 * WHAT *another* command-line switch? 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Robin Arnhold Area: MagickNet To: All 7 Aug 93 08:07:00 Subject: Religious Freedom 1 UpdReq RELIGIOUS FREEDOM IS >>STILL<< NOT A COMPLETE REALITY FOR NATIVE AMERICANS!!! Douglas White is a 72-year-old Lakota (Sioux) man from Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. He is a traditional person, which means he worships in the traditional way of the Lakota. He is a medicine man, widely loved and respected by the People of Pine Ridge and other reservations. For many years he has run one or more Sun Dances annually. He is a person of stature and merit among the People. In 1992 Douglas White was arrested, falsely charged, tried, convicted, and sentenced to ten years in prison on each of two counts of child molestation. The 'trial' occurred in federal court because Douglas White is a registered Indian and he lives on a reservation. There was no BIA presence at the trial. The BIA is the Bureau of Indian Affairs. There was no tribal attorney pre- sent there either. >>Both<< of these are required by federal law. The court- appointed attorney is reported to not have made contact with Douglas White until after the 'trial' was over! And then this court-appointed attorney told hime to stop making trouble about his conviction or jail would get worse for him. But there's more. >>Witnesses were not allowed to testify as to Douglas White's character.<< At the time of the alleged incident, Douglas White was running a Sun Dance with over three hundred people in attendance, a Sun Dance he has run for many years. >>The judge would not allow them to testify on Douglas White's behalf, saying that<< the testimony of a couple hundred Indians was irrelevant. Douglas White is a medicine man and because he was running a Sun Dance at the time the alleged incidents occurred, you can rest assured he was fully occu- pied for five straight days and nights with little, if any, sleep. He was counseling people, instructing people, doing healings for people, conducting two purification lodges a day (requiring four hours a day right there), and otherwise supervising the myriad of details that go with putting on a Sun Dance. Also, a traditional person would never molest or abuse anyone, child or adult. The tradition does not allow it. >>Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh) is the name of a branch of the Church of the Helping Hand in Madison, Wisconsin, and is dedicated to dealing with the prob- lems of Native Americans who worship and live according to their traditional ways.<< Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh)'s third director, who also lives on Pine Ridge Reservation, tried to translate for Douglas when he saw that no trans- lator was being provided for him, since Douglas only has a fourth grade educa- tion in the language and ways of the white culture-->>and was told that if he didn't stop translating, he would be jailed and/or fined for contempt of court.<< Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh)'s third director has just been successful in get- ting Douglas White released to his custody while this mess is taken through channels. Douglas White will be released from federal prison on August 18, but this is >>only<< for two months while his case is reviewed. We need money in order to pay the new attorney. All donations are tax deduct- ible. Checks may be made payable to either Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh) or the Church of the Helping Hand. Specify that the donation is for Douglas White's legal expenses in the memo area of the check. We are petitioning for this gross miscarriage of justice to be reversed. The next message contains the petition. You are strongly urged to print it out, sign it, and pass it around. This type of injustice happens to traditionals >>routinely<<. The Indian Free- dom of Religion Act of 1978 did not restore complete religious freedom to Na- tive Americans. Of the original seven Sacred Ceremonies of the Lakota, for example, only four can currently be practiced. Even those are not without hazard and harrassment. In 1992, FBI agents landed helicopters in the sacred area of at least one other Sun Dance in South Dakota on the Cheyenne River reservation. One of Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh)'s directors was told by an elderly woman in Sturgis, South Dakota, in April 1992 that "We don't >>allow<< uppity Indians in South Dakota!" The judge's name is the Honorable Judge Bogue. You can write to him c/o Jeff Chambers, 515 9th St., Federal Building, Room 257, Rapid City, SD 57701. Douglas White's case number is 92-50047-01. We hope people will >>write<< to their >>Congressional Representatives and Senators<< as well as to the judge and to our new U. S. Attorney General, Janet Reno. Their addresses are all available from any good public library reference service. >>Free Douglas White! Religious freedom is a basic human right!<< Thank you for your help. Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh) is Lakota and means >>"Everything and everyone is my relative".<< Either the Constitution guaran- tees freedom to us all to worship as we each choose or it guarantees it to none of us. Donations may be sent to: Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh) c/o Church of the Helping Hand 2150 E. Washington Ave. Madison, WI 53704 Specify Douglas White's legal expenses. All donations are tax deductible; details available on request. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Robin Arnhold Area: MagickNet To: All 7 Aug 93 08:07:06 Subject: Religious Freedom 1 UpdReq RELIGIOUS FREEDOM IS >>STILL<< NOT A COMPLETE REALITY FOR NATIVE AMERICANS!!! Douglas White is a 72-year-old Lakota (Sioux) man from Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. He is a traditional person, which means he worships in the traditional way of the Lakota. He is a medicine man, widely loved and respected by the People of Pine Ridge and other reservations. For many years he has run one or more Sun Dances annually. He is a person of stature and merit among the People. In 1992 Douglas White was arrested, falsely charged, tried, convicted, and sentenced to ten years in prison on each of two counts of child molestation. The 'trial' occurred in federal court because Douglas White is a registered Indian and he lives on a reservation. There was no BIA presence at the trial. The BIA is the Bureau of Indian Affairs. There was no tribal attorney pre- sent there either. >>Both<< of these are required by federal law. The court- appointed attorney is reported to not have made contact with Douglas White until after the 'trial' was over! And then this court-appointed attorney told hime to stop making trouble about his conviction or jail would get worse for him. But there's more. >>Witnesses were not allowed to testify as to Douglas White's character.<< At the time of the alleged incident, Douglas White was running a Sun Dance with over three hundred people in attendance, a Sun Dance he has run for many years. >>The judge would not allow them to testify on Douglas White's behalf, saying that<< the testimony of a couple hundred Indians was irrelevant. Douglas White is a medicine man and because he was running a Sun Dance at the time the alleged incidents occurred, you can rest assured he was fully occu- pied for five straight days and nights with little, if any, sleep. He was counseling people, instructing people, doing healings for people, conducting two purification lodges a day (requiring four hours a day right there), and otherwise supervising the myriad of details that go with putting on a Sun Dance. Also, a traditional person would never molest or abuse anyone, child or adult. The tradition does not allow it. >>Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh) is the name of a branch of the Church of the Helping Hand in Madison, Wisconsin, and is dedicated to dealing with the prob- lems of Native Americans who worship and live according to their traditional ways.<< Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh)'s third director, who also lives on Pine Ridge Reservation, tried to translate for Douglas when he saw that no trans- lator was being provided for him, since Douglas only has a fourth grade educa- tion in the language and ways of the white culture-->>and was told that if he didn't stop translating, he would be jailed and/or fined for contempt of court.<< Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh)'s third director has just been successful in get- ting Douglas White released to his custody while this mess is taken through channels. Douglas White will be released from federal prison on August 18, but this is >>only<< for two months while his case is reviewed. We need money in order to pay the new attorney. All donations are tax deduct- ible. Checks may be made payable to either Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh) or the Church of the Helping Hand. Specify that the donation is for Douglas White's legal expenses in the memo area of the check. We are petitioning for this gross miscarriage of justice to be reversed. The next message contains the petition. You are strongly urged to print it out, sign it, and pass it around. This type of injustice happens to traditionals >>routinely<<. The Indian Free- dom of Religion Act of 1978 did not restore complete religious freedom to Na- tive Americans. Of the original seven Sacred Ceremonies of the Lakota, for example, only four can currently be practiced. Even those are not without hazard and harrassment. In 1992, FBI agents landed helicopters in the sacred area of at least one other Sun Dance in South Dakota on the Cheyenne River reservation. One of Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh)'s directors was told by an elderly woman in Sturgis, South Dakota, in April 1992 that "We don't >>allow<< uppity Indians in South Dakota!" The judge's name is the Honorable Judge Bogue. You can write to him c/o Jeff Chambers, 515 9th St., Federal Building, Room 257, Rapid City, SD 57701. Douglas White's case number is 92-50047-01. We hope people will >>write<< to their >>Congressional Representatives and Senators<< as well as to the judge and to our new U. S. Attorney General, Janet Reno. Their addresses are all available from any good public library reference service. >>Free Douglas White! Religious freedom is a basic human right!<< Thank you for your help. Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh) is Lakota and means >>"Everything and everyone is my relative".<< Either the Constitution guaran- tees freedom to us all to worship as we each choose or it guarantees it to none of us. Donations may be sent to: Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh) c/o Church of the Helping Hand 2150 E. Washington Ave. Madison, WI 53704 Specify Douglas White's legal expenses. All donations are tax deductible; details available on request. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Robin Arnhold Area: MagickNet To: All 7 Aug 93 08:07:12 Subject: Religious Freedom 2 UpdReq PLEASE HELP US RIGHT AN INJUSTICE -- In 1992, Douglas White, a 72-year-old Amer- ican Indian from Pine Ridge Reservation in S. Dakota, who worships in the Tradi- tional Way, was falsely arrested, tried, & convicted of child molestation; with- out an attorney, a translator, knowledge of the charges against him, or witness- es in his defense. At the time of the alledged incident, Mr. White was running a Sun Dance, caring for the spiritual needs of several hundred people for five straight days, but the testimony of 200+ Indians was deemed "irrelevant" & not allowed by the (Federal) judge. Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh)'s Third Director, who lives on Pine Ridge Res., tried to translate quietly for Mr. White, & was told by the judge to stop or he would be jailed or fined for contempt of court! Douglas White was sentenced to two consecutive 10-year prison terms in this farcical procedure. His case number is 92-50047-01; the judge's name is Bogue; & letters can be sent to him regarding this "c/o Jeff Chambers; 515 9th St.,; Federal Bldg. 257; Rapid City, SD 57701". This kind of treatment is typical of that CONTINUALLY being brought against Traditional People by your government & legal system. Foreign nationals in this country have more religious freedom than American Indians do, BY LAW. Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh), Inc. is try- ing to get this conviction thrown out. Please print out this material & the petition below & sign them & pass them around in your area; & write to your Con- gressional Representatives & Senators about this, as well as President Clinton & Attorney General Janet Reno. This kind of thing must stop NOW. Financial help is needed with this, too, as we are funded entirely by donations. We are a 501(c)(3) organization, so donations are tax-deductible. Please send your dona- tions to us at: Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh), Inc.; c/o Box 8024; Madison, Wis. 53704. "Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh)" is Lakota (Sioux) for "Every thing & every one is my relation". Religious freedom is such a basic human right, it is guaranteed in the First Amendment to the US Constitution. Thank you! PETITION We, the undersigned, are shocked & outraged at the treatment of Douglas White & other American Indian People, & at the total disregard for their Constitution- al Rights continually shown by the government & legal system of this country, especially as pertains to their Traditional culture, lifestyle, & religious ac- tivities. It is time for such desecration of Native Peoples to STOP. We de- mand that you, our governmental leaders, take action to correct this situation NOW, & restore the Constitution's protection & rights in full to American Indian People. American Indian People are also the only ethnic group the government has a policy dedicated specifically to declassification as a minority, regard- less of blood-percentage, & this must also STOP NOW. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME & PROMPT ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER. PRINT YOUR NAME & SIGN YOUR NAME & LEGAL ADDRESS HERE 1. _____________________________________________________________________________ 2. _____________________________________________________________________________ 3. _____________________________________________________________________________ 4. _____________________________________________________________________________ 5. _____________________________________________________________________________ 6. _____________________________________________________________________________ 7. _____________________________________________________________________________ 8. _____________________________________________________________________________ 9. _____________________________________________________________________________ 10. ____________________________________________________________________________ 11. ____________________________________________________________________________ 12. ____________________________________________________________________________ 13. ____________________________________________________________________________ 14. ____________________________________________________________________________ (c)1993 Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh),Inc. Please post & mail when full. Thank you ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Robin Arnhold Area: MagickNet To: All 7 Aug 93 08:07:18 Subject: Religious Freedom 2 UpdReq PLEASE HELP US RIGHT AN INJUSTICE -- In 1992, Douglas White, a 72-year-old Amer- ican Indian from Pine Ridge Reservation in S. Dakota, who worships in the Tradi- tional Way, was falsely arrested, tried, & convicted of child molestation; with- out an attorney, a translator, knowledge of the charges against him, or witness- es in his defense. At the time of the alledged incident, Mr. White was running a Sun Dance, caring for the spiritual needs of several hundred people for five straight days, but the testimony of 200+ Indians was deemed "irrelevant" & not allowed by the (Federal) judge. Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh)'s Third Director, who lives on Pine Ridge Res., tried to translate quietly for Mr. White, & was told by the judge to stop or he would be jailed or fined for contempt of court! Douglas White was sentenced to two consecutive 10-year prison terms in this farcical procedure. His case number is 92-50047-01; the judge's name is Bogue; & letters can be sent to him regarding this "c/o Jeff Chambers; 515 9th St.,; Federal Bldg. 257; Rapid City, SD 57701". This kind of treatment is typical of that CONTINUALLY being brought against Traditional People by your government & legal system. Foreign nationals in this country have more religious freedom than American Indians do, BY LAW. Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh), Inc. is try- ing to get this conviction thrown out. Please print out this material & the petition below & sign them & pass them around in your area; & write to your Con- gressional Representatives & Senators about this, as well as President Clinton & Attorney General Janet Reno. This kind of thing must stop NOW. Financial help is needed with this, too, as we are funded entirely by donations. We are a 501(c)(3) organization, so donations are tax-deductible. Please send your dona- tions to us at: Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh), Inc.; c/o Box 8024; Madison, Wis. 53704. "Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh)" is Lakota (Sioux) for "Every thing & every one is my relation". Religious freedom is such a basic human right, it is guaranteed in the First Amendment to the US Constitution. Thank you! PETITION We, the undersigned, are shocked & outraged at the treatment of Douglas White & other American Indian People, & at the total disregard for their Constitution- al Rights continually shown by the government & legal system of this country, especially as pertains to their Traditional culture, lifestyle, & religious ac- tivities. It is time for such desecration of Native Peoples to STOP. We de- mand that you, our governmental leaders, take action to correct this situation NOW, & restore the Constitution's protection & rights in full to American Indian People. American Indian People are also the only ethnic group the government has a policy dedicated specifically to declassification as a minority, regard- less of blood-percentage, & this must also STOP NOW. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME & PROMPT ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER. PRINT YOUR NAME & SIGN YOUR NAME & LEGAL ADDRESS HERE 1. _____________________________________________________________________________ 2. _____________________________________________________________________________ 3. _____________________________________________________________________________ 4. _____________________________________________________________________________ 5. _____________________________________________________________________________ 6. _____________________________________________________________________________ 7. _____________________________________________________________________________ 8. _____________________________________________________________________________ 9. _____________________________________________________________________________ 10. ____________________________________________________________________________ 11. ____________________________________________________________________________ 12. ____________________________________________________________________________ 13. ____________________________________________________________________________ 14. ____________________________________________________________________________ (c)1993 Oh-mah-tah-keh-wah-say-(oh),Inc. Please post & mail when full. Thank you ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mark O. Garrison Area: MagickNet To: Kayla Block 7 Aug 93 10:50:62 Subject: Re: THAT tome UpdReq DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW In a message dated 06 Aug 93 23:46:20, Kayla Block wrote: KB> if you don't mind me asking, how have you managed to get KB> access to old masonic libraries? P> a) be a Mason KB> i'm female---i don't think they'd let me....\ Kayla, I thought that the U.S. Supreme Court decided back in, I think it was 89, that to not admit women into a Masonic Order was sexual discrimination. They ruled that a Masonic group, in the United States, by law, had to admit women (and the women auxiliary, the Eastern Star, does not count! ), they could not seperate genders into two distinct groups and deny membership from one or the other based solely upon gender. Of course, this does not mean that they do...I'm sure that they could find some other reason for not admitting you, other than your gender; but, it is now your right! I'm not sure how the various Masonic Orders have dealt with this since this ruling...I'm sure they have probably found some way around it...I'm sure a Mason would know better than I would (No, I'm not a Mason, yet! And no, I'm not even in the Bavarian Illuminati or Prieure De Sion, though through no fault of my own, mind you! ). Perhaps Paladin can dig some information up on his Lodge's official stance on this issue... By the way, the information I had once gotten on this ruling was back when I did a term paper for a class...but, unfortunately, I had failed to keep a copy of the paper...I had finished it only 5 minutes before it was due! ;) However, I remember distinctly, that it caused an incredible fuss, as I am sure you no doubt can imagine...so, the point being that with a little effort, I'm sure you could find more detailed information on this ruling. Anyways, I'm not sure if it is any matter that you'd really be too worried or excited about anyways! But, thought I would throw that in...The U.S. government is behind you anyways! And, Heaven knows that it is very rare for them to be on the "right" (politically correct) side of things! ;) Take care, I shall talk to you later. Love is the law, love under will, Mark O. Garrison 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Chris Olmstead Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 8 Aug 93 18:00:26 Subject: Travel? UpdReq Az> Josh has more magickal battle scars than most, and they rarely lock Az> him up, anymore. Az> JN> Heehee...They only did it on nights of the full moon. And since I grew JN> this beard, they can't tell that I've changed until it's too late. Say Josh, Do you ever travel to fests? Was wondering if you plan to be at Dragonfest next week. This I gotta see. Regards, Chris 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Chris Olmstead Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 8 Aug 93 18:21:34 Subject: Star Woman? UpdReq JN> Thus said Rakshasa to Josh Norton concerning Re: millenialist-mediums: JN> Ra> In the period before the Industrial Revolution, it was easy enough to Ra> believe in "angels" and "spirits." Everyone else did... Ra> In today's technological society, it's a bit Ra> passe to believe in guardian angels and the like. It's not, however, Ra> considered ridiculous to speculate on the existence of intelligent Ra> life on other planets. JN> Hmmm. I thought I'd covered that somewhere in my message.... JN> JN> Jacques Vallee mentions a similar theory in re visitations of the JN> Star- woman and other close encounters. His analysis of descriptions JN> of such experiences indicated that Star-woman contactees and people JN> who had visions of Mary, Jesus, etc. in earlier times were describing JN> substantially similar phenomena and putting different labels on it. JN> JN> When I was working with a group in Atlanta in the early 70's, the JN> Star- woman manifested several times to different clusters of people JN> within the group. She appeared to myself and a friend in my apartment, JN> along with her oft-seen companions, the Old Man with the Book and the JN> Young Man with the Staff. My friend, a poet, interpreted her as the JN> spirit of the World Ocean (i.e., the Earth Mother in a watery form), JN> and her companions as the spirits of Gnosis and Creativity. She JN> reminded me more of the Tarot card "The Priestess" except fecund JN> instead of virginal, and my astrological background brought up JN> associations of Jupiter and Mercury for her companions. JN> JN> Among other clusters in the group, one was Xtian-oriented and one was JN> concentrating on the Urantia book. She appear separately to both these JN> groups, and their interpretations were what one would expect given JN> Vallee's hypothesis. The Xtians saw her as Mary, accompanied by Joseph JN> and St. John, and the Urantists saw her as the Star-woman with her JN> pilot and executive officer. Josh, for those of us who have been under a rock since 1973, would you care to walk through this one a bit more slowly? I know of the Urantia Book...but could never wade through it. Is this "Star Woman" the same wench that George Adamski professed to meet, in his 'contact' pocket books from the '50's? Is there a 'Star-Woman' (Pilot) in the Urantia Book? Care to mention just a little more about how you pursuaded her to manifest to you? And would you care to be just a bit more elaborate in relating 'archetypical meaning' to the characters you discuss? I can FOLLOW your assignments relating the Xtian pantheon...but I guess I'm stumbling as I try to step back and move one more rung up the ladder of abstraction. You are speaking formulaically here...and I'm reaching for a 'generic' value--some kind of Konstant. I was impressed with your treatment of Elvis the savior, and the way you plugged him (neatly!) into the Arthur/Jesus formula. I got more mileage out of it because you triangulated on it with more than just the Xtian mythos. Could you pick some non-Xtian mythos with which to 'triangulate' on this 'Star Woman' and tell me more about this manifestation you had? I could really use the information. Thanks in advance. Regards, Chris 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Joker Area: MagickNet To: Ismark 8 Aug 93 05:53:30 Subject: Re: HI ALL UpdReq Is> Here's my advice: Don't listen to Milo. I kinda got that impression. Thanks. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718