From: William Mclaughlin Area: MagickNet To: Josh Norton 16 Aug 92 00:28:04 Subject: Gerald Schueler UpdReq JN>A quick reading by an unthinking or uneducated person would give the JN>impression that there was something meaningful there; but if you take JN>the time to figure out what he is saying, you will find that most of it JN>sounds good but means nothing. Reference to reliable sources in the JN>areas of physics he talks about will show that the remainder is simply JN>wrong. In the entire book I found exactly two ideas that both meant JN>something and were not contradicted by the facts. I attribute these to JN>the fact that even a stopped clock is right twice a day (unless it's JN>digital ). JN>So (IMO) there is no reason to treat Schueler's work with anything other JN>than contempt. The field of Enochian magick would have been better off JN>had he never started his little carnival show. Josh: Thanks for the reply. I've got to admit that I liked the first two books, but since I haven't done any work with Enochian energies, I was only guessing. Can you recommend some good stuff on the subject? Mac ___ X SLMR 2.1a X Emulate God. Commit Mass Murder 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Airmid Area: MagickNet To: Erin 15 Aug 92 11:27:00 Subject: Re: Thirteen UpdReq ER> I DID, however, read that the Celts considered both sun and moon ER>feminine in a source I considered reliable not too long ago. Now of course, ER>I'm going to have to track it down. More library work. Will get back to yo ER>on this one. And maybe to Airmid as well. I don't like giving my students ER>the wrong info. I'd be really interested to get and read your source on this. The Silver Bough by F. Marian McNeill implies that, in Scotland at least, the moon was masculine and that there was probably a moon God. He was assimilated into a Saint (as is usual with that kind of thing). If you'd like, I can look up the cite for you. OLX 2.1 TD Unable to locate Coffee -- Operator Halted! 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Airmid Area: MagickNet To: Erin 15 Aug 92 12:00:00 Subject: Sun And Moon Feminine UpdReq ER> Well, I finally did get what I was looking for looked up. (Ungrammatica ER>sentence, that last.) It was in one of the Farrars' books that I originally ER>read that both sun and moon were considered feminine to the Celts. Having met Janet and Stewart during their trip here to the states (they came to my house for a visit briefly, and I was involved with the group that sponsored their Seattle tour) I can state for a fact that Janet only pretends to have some Irish. She told my Irish teacher's teacher (on the east coast) that she had no Irish at all. She presented herself out here as being some kind of expert on Irish language. Now, the fact that my teacher's teacher has been winning national and international awards for her Gaelic may have had something to do with her admission back east.... ER>it, at least in Irish. Now, I'm aware that there are five other extant ER>Celtic languages. Tho some are rapidly becoming not so extant. But at leas ER>in Irish, both sun, "grian," (from which I'll bet they got Igraine's name) ER>and moon, either "gealach," or "re" (the e should have an accent over it, bu ER>I can't make the computer do it here), are both feminine. ER> So, I wonder what Airmid is thinking of. Maybe it's different in the ER>other Celtic languages she(?) has studied. Or maybe language gender is ER>different from concept gender. I think we're dealing with concept gender here rather than linguistic gender. ER> Don't know. I don't get the Celtic echo yet ER>tho my sysop says he will be installing it momentarily (Oh, Blackwolf. . . I'm looking forward to seeing you on the Celtic echo. This has been a fascinating thread, and I'm moving the posts from it into the Celtic echo for the interest and edification of the folks there. Hope to see you soon (virtually speaking) :) Airmid - moderator of the Celtic echo OLX 2.1 TD It's only a hobby ... only a hobby ... only a 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718