From: Fir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Frater Erm Iadnah 28 Jan 95 11:06:28 Subject: Re: REVIEW: ENOCHIAN VIDEO UpdReq This is an attempt to cross post a msg from the Enochian echo to the Occult Book Review Echo: > Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. > > The following is a review of: > > Lon Milo DuQuette's > > ENOCHIAN MAGICK > The Art of Angelic Evocation > > (c)1994 Hooded Man Productions > > > Some of you might have heard rumors about the impending release of > this video, Featuring Lon DuQuette, Author of THE ENOCHIAN WORLD OF > ALEISTER CROWLEY: Enochian Sex Magick (with Chris Hyatt), ALEISTER > CROWLEY'S ILLUSTRATED GOETIA(also with Hyatt) and THE MAGICK OF > THELEMA. This video received it's World Premier on December 3, 1994 > ev at Hooded Man Encampment, OTO. > > If you were expecting (those hearing the rumors) to find out about > the sexual habits of CHRONZON or how to turn your nabors into home > appliances via the use of the elemental tablets...don't hold your > breath, unless you like to appear in public with azure skin. If you > are looking for a video introdution to the Enochian System of > magick, whether you are a novice looking for basic information on > the system or a practitioner tired of getting frustrated explaining > why you do enochian to your nonmagical relatives or your Neopagan > friends, then this is a tape you will want in your video library. > > My only real complaint with this tape is: It's not LONG enough! > But this might be the first volume in a series on basic Enochian > Magick. Often enough, the fundamentals of this system can be > overwhelming, and discouraging. The tape runs approximately an > hour. > > The tape is divided into several segments, each addressing an aspect > of enochian magick. > > The first section deals with the life & times of John Dee, the > Elizabethan Magus who originally (with the assistance of Edward > Kelley) "discovered" the system of Enochian Magick. Much time and > energy went in to illustrate where Dee stood above most of his > fellow men as being the one of the most learned people on the planet > at the time. > > Still in the Historical section, ample space is given to how Dee & > Kelley came about to work together, and what they learned during > seven years of Enochain Magick. > > The history then jumps three hundred years to the late 19th Century, > illustrating how Mathers integrated the Enochian System into the > Golden Dawn Adeptus Minor Ciriculum. Then mention is made of > Aleister Crowley's Enochian Researches, and his publication of the > Enochian System in the first Volumes of the EQUINOX, during the year > of 1912. > > For those of you unfamiliar with DuQuette's other works on Enochian, > let me state here that his "magical lineage" on this system IS > Dee----> Mathers---> Crowley. Museum Magicians might strongly > disagree with this. That may be their Will to do so. But DuQuette > has also added a few developments of his own in using the system. > > Next comes a basic discription of the two branches of Enochian > Magick: The use of the Elemental Watchtowers, and The Skrying of > the 30th Aethyrs. > > Then much time is spent on how the Elemental Tablets "work". There > is NO way to make this subject exciting, unless one gets wet dreams > from formal logic. It took me the task of colouring my own set of > tablets for it to finally grok. No matter how it is described, it > always comes off sounding like something out of first year college > calculus. Lon, though, does a good job of going over in detail how > the tablets are broken down, and how the elemental colours are > determined for the sides of the truncated pyraminds on each lettered > square. Also there are several good visual effects displaying how > the patterns of elemental colours look by themselves, and then mixed > within the fully coloured tablet. > > I was a little disappointed with the section dealing with the > exploration of the Aethyrs. It was a very brief overview, giving a > break down of what they are, where they are, and a general synopsis > of what to do there. Left out was the details of the relationship > between the Aythers & the Elemental tablets and how the sigils of > the governors were to be used during the opening of an Aethyr. > Perhaps such an advanced and macrocosmic practice was beyond the > scope of this video, but may show up in a latter tape in this > possible series. > > The last section of the video goes from theory to basic practice. > There is a demonstration of the plain vanilla LBRP, followed by a > temple opening, and a conjuration of part of the tablet of union. > Then we are given a rendition of the First & Second Enochian Keys, > using the Crowley Pronunciation; followed by the Call of the Thirty > Aethyrs utilizing the Classical Pronunciation. > > Overall, I consider this to be a good "Introdution" to the theory & > practice of Enochian Magick. There's enough theoretical & practical > information to spark one's interest in the system without completely > overwhelming the neophyte or giving a stone novice a loaded bazooka > to play with. > > Currently, this video is in a limited edition production and will be > available within a few days as a mass market item. Those interested > in aquiring this video should contact Hooded Man Productions at the > address below, or look for it in your local New Age/Occult > bookstore: > > Hooded Man Productions > c/o > Hooded Man Encampment > 976 West Foothill Blvd #611 > Claremont, CA 91711 > > Love is the law, love under will. > > > > Frater Erm Iadnah > Master, Ruby & Sapphire Camp > Ordo Templi Orientis 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 28 Jan 95 11:12:30 Subject: X-POST MSG UpdReq 93 CP, Received the back issues of your Camp's newsletter. Lots of good stuff in there. My attempt to Xpost the video review failed. Perhaps if you receive the Xpost attempt on Anon (I don't have much faith in msgs getting between various boards at the moment) you can forward it on to OBR? Thanks! 93 93/93, Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Christeos Pir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Fir 4 Feb 95 10:18:50 Subject: Flat Squares vs. Pyramids Rec'd UpdReq -=> Fir sent a message to Christeos Pir on 31 Jan 95 20:20:02 <=- -=> Re: Flat Squares vs. Pyramids <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Fi> What did you think of the segment on coloring the pyramids in the Fi> video? Tell the truth, I didn't pay all that much attention to that part, since I haven't thought about the coloring in a while. I'll keep an eye on it next time I see it (probably later this month). Fi> I was telling an esteemed friend about the video and he pointed out Fi> that there's no banishing at the end. Therefore I took the Fi> responsible route and told the audience about it so that they could Fi> make their own informed decisions to banish or not to banish whem the Fi> video was over. I agree with Josh on this one: since the angels (a) are the good guys, and (b) "touch every part of the earth," I see no reason for one. However, when I do a big involved ritual, I usually do them at beginning and end just to keep the energies straight. I usually _don't_ do one just for a scrying. Fi> Have you gotten round Tuit yet? I haven't. But I Will!!! No, I've been working on some back-to-basics stuff: a series of elemental SIRPs, in preparation for IIo initiation. (Not part of the usual regimen, just something I felt I needed to try.) Love is the law, love under will. - V - ... Who hath set thee to save us? 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Paul Hume Area: ENOCHIAN To: Frater Anaesthesia 11 Feb 95 09:32:06 Subject: Books. UpdReq Frater A - Most of the correspondents here are not big on the Schuelers. For example, the Workbook, like the Practical Guide, does not even contain the Calls in Enochian - just in English. The Elizabethan rendering (Dee's own translation, I think?) of the Calls tells us what they say, but are not in themselves potent - whereas part of the theory of Enochian magick is that the use of the language carries its own, major contribution to the magical charge built up in working. For a commented version of Crowley's compact, and insightful, approach to the Golden Dawn system, pick up Enochian World Of Aleister Crowley (also called Enochian Sex Magick - gotta get them sales up) - this is an annotated edition of Liber Chanokh published by New Falcon Press. You might also look at the Enochian-based system in Denning and Phillips third book in the Magical Philosophy, called Mysteria Magica, from Llewllyn. It does not follow the Mathers system of the GD, and so at the least reflects a different approach that may suggest fruitful things to you. Offhand, I'd recommend against the workbook, but there is usually something useful even in the worst dreck on the market, so you might skim it, and see if enough things make you go "Aha!" to justify buying it for your library. Hope these opinions help. 93. Paul 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Christeos Pir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Frater Anaesthesia 11 Feb 95 17:45:12 Subject: Books. UpdReq -=> Frater Anaesthesia sent a message to All on 08 Feb 95 14:12:00 <=- -=> Re: Books. <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. FA> I have recently started experimenting with Enochian Magick using FA> Gerald and Betty Schueler's _Enochian Magic: A Practical Manual_. FA> Although informative in theory, I found it leapt far too abruptly into FA> practice. I have also consulted Regardie's _The Golden Dawn_, but FA> found it far too advanced for a novice like myself. I read about a FA> certain _Enochian Workbook_, again by the Schuelers, and am curious if FA> it is as astounding as the advertisement claims. Information on this FA> or any other useful literature is welcome. First of all, I doubt you'll find anyone that has worked with Enochian for any amount of time that has much good to say about Gerry Scheuler. What he didn't lift from his betters (often as not getting it wrong in the process), he seems to have made up with little or no experience against which to check it. In short, he's a poser, a new-age weenie cashing in off of people who don't know better. Don't feel bad, most of us here have wasted money on his dreck too! It sounds like you're looking for a gentle intro to the subject. Unfortunately, there aren't too many (other than Gerry's drivel), for a very good reason: Enochian magick is just too _personal_, too experiential, to be able to generalize about it much. If you're just looking for someone else's experiences, you might want to find a copy of Crowley's "Vision & the Voice," a record of his experiences scrying the 30 Aethyrs while walking across the Sahara. You might also enjoy some of the works of Ben Rowe ("Josh Norton," right here in this echo), particularly "Touring the Earth Square" and "The Book of the Seniors," if you can find them. Ask your sysop -- if he/she doesn't have them, they can be file/requested from BaphoNet BBS or Arena of Anon BBS. But really, the bottom line is that there's really only one way to learn about Enochian... Hang around, ask questions, look over people's shoulders, then try it out for yourself. Love is the law, love under will. - Christeos Pir Fr. Vitriol Io, O.T.O. ... Every Wolf's & Lion's howl raises from Hell a Human Soul. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 12 Feb 95 12:47:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Thus said Christeos Pir to Josh Norton concerning Enochian 101: -=> Fir sent a message to Josh Norton on 05 Feb 95 08:39:00 <=- -=> Re: Enochian 101 <=- Fi> I know you've taken a break on the 91 Parts for a while. Are you Fi> up for discussion on the Parts you've already scryed, or would you Fi> like to take a break from that as well? CP> Not to mention that I've got 100pps of manuscript in WordPerfect CP> format just sitting there waiting for the rest! Hey, I told you when I started that it wasn't going to be finished any time soon. Gimme a break -- it took Crowley 23 years to finish the Aethyrs. ;-) Why not just label what you've got "Part One", and put a "to be continued" annotation at the end? Give how exhausting they turned out to be, I doubt I'll do the remainder as regularly as the completed sections. CP> So, when do we get the Enochian Temples CD-ROM, complete with 3-D CP> animation of the temples being built and re-arranged, the lotuses, CP> etc.? Haw! Got a Silicon Graphics workstation handy? My 20-mhz 386 isn't up to that sort of project. Nor is my budget, come to think of it.... ... Never put off till tomorrow what you can put off forever. --- Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 * Origin: Access! Information Services (666:56/155) SEEN-BY: 31/0 11 56/155 107/946 202/311 215/9393 231/0 250/4 382/502 401/0 SEEN-BY: 666/93 119 1000/1 1734/0 2000/11 9400/0 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Fir 12 Feb 95 12:47:00 Subject: Re: Enochian 101 Rec'd UpdReq Thus said Fir to Josh Norton concerning Re: ENOCHIAN 101: Fi> Hi Josh, Hi! >Fi> I know you've taken a break on the 91 Parts for a while. Are you >Fi> up for discussion on the Parts you've already scryed, Fi> JN> What did you want to discuss about it? Fi> I was taking a look through the material you sent out to all the Fi> boards the last time around. There's plenty of good stuff in there Fi> to discuss, not to mention 'Touring the Earth Tablet'. I'll wait Fi> till you resume 91 Parts to try and discuss those with you then. Whatever. On the rest of it, ask away whenever you want. JN> ... Everyone who's telekinetic, please raise my hand. Fi> I might have better luck if you'd let me concentrate on raising Fi> something else . Heh. YOU don't need to be telekinetic to do that! ... That's not a cucumber in my pocket -- I'm just happy to see you. --- Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 * Origin: Access! Information Services (666:56/155) SEEN-BY: 31/0 11 56/155 107/946 202/311 215/9393 231/0 250/4 382/502 401/0 SEEN-BY: 666/93 119 1000/1 1734/0 2000/11 9400/0 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718