From: Christeos Pir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Mars Gunn 5 Sep 94 00:02:28 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq -=> Mars Gunn sent a message to All on 29 Aug 94 05:28:00 <=- -=> Re: Enochian 101 <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. MG> My question is: What are the best books, or info to start with? IMO, the books to get are: The Enochian World of Aleister Crowley: Enochian Sex Magick, by Crowley, Hyatt & Duquette, New Falcon, Scottsdale AZ. About $10, and well worth it. The Enochian Evocation of Dr. John Dee, by Geoffrey James, Heptangle Press. Expensive at $30, and sadly out of print, so if you find a copy, scarf it up. Enochian Temples, by Ben Rowe, Black Moon Publishing. Inexpensive, and a bit much for the beginner perhaps (though one person's difficult is another's easy), but worth the effort. Also available on some BBSes. I have hopes for the just-published reissue of Donald Laycock's Enochian Dictionary, too. MG> I have a 10th grade understanding of Qabala and a strong intuitive sense for symbology and ritual. Does that put you at Kether or Malkuth... not sure which direction you're counting! MG> About Kenneth Grant, et al...Anyone out there actually "do" his MG> stuff? I'd love to hear any stories or whatever. Give Az0th a holler. But beware: ever since he discovered Grant and Bertiaux, no one's seen him! MG> What's the difference between Typhon and Satan? Umm... two different religions, one's the Devourer and the other's the Source of Evil (according to their own religions -- I don't subscribe to either one, myself), one has six letters and the other five... MG> Isn't Grant just a smarter, more eclectic version of Acquino MG> (without the accompanying silliness and DRAMA)? Which one is the silly one? Grant just strikes me as a nut, though Az0th assures me there's something to his stuff, as if he simply can't communicate clearly the very real gnoses (what the heck's the plural of gnosis, anyway?) he's had access to. Aquino, OTOH, seems not to be a nut, and hardly as self-aggrandizing as Grant; most of the Setians I've talked with are serious and quite intelligent and actually involved in trying to improve themselves -- however, I disagree with Setianism as I understand it, and see it as pretty close to AC's definition of Black Brotherhood. MG> The Golden Dawn, for example, just stomps the Dark down, contrary MG> to their public and published pronouncements of full integration MG> thru the 'middle' way. Perhaps he's closer to Truth than they are? I recommend reading (or rereading) Crowley's "Liber Tzaddi" -- one can't be balanced without _both_ halves. Grant's fascination for playing with feces is no closer to balance or integration than running from the sight of it. MG> And, finally, anyone in Western WA area interested (or already) in MG> working with some of Mr. Grant's stuff? Can't help you there. Love is the law, love under will. - Christeos Pir ... let us eat of her grapes, and be drunken thereon. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Fir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 5 Sep 94 11:55:52 Subject: 91 Parts #2-Pascomb (2/2 UpdReq Hi Josh! JN> "Now, you have grasped the connection between the power of these Parts JN> and the actions of government. Truly, the world is in a constant state JN> of war, from the standpoint of the Aethyrs. Figured I'd better at least come screen capture these for now. My first impression is that they're dealing inwards towards the Earth rather than outwords towards the terrestrial like some of your more recent stuff. TTYL. Fir 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718