From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Shadow Walker 5 Aug 94 19:02:54 Subject: Re: enochian 101 UpdReq Yo, Shadow Walker! Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Following up a message from Christeos Pir to Shadow Walker: SW> How is this any "safer"? I would think that Grant is dealing SW> ultimately with the same forces (those within) BUT with SW> different terminology and view. CP> I disagree that they are the same forces. _Strongly_. CP> Sorry, but there are BIG differences for most people CP> between Angels and elemental forces of divine origin, and CP> demonic, chthonic, forces that either represent "Evil" or CP> those parts of our subconscious that we have packed away as CP> too hard to deal with (depending on one's p.o.v.). ... CP> It is my experience that Enochian falls into the former CP> category. It is my _understanding_ (because I have only CP> read Grant's stuff, and not worked with it) that his stuff CP> falls into the latter category. CP> Hey, Az0th, what's your 93 cents on all this? (Crawling out of the woodwork......) Huh? Oh! Agree! And, as you say, _Strongly_. Although I think that it's generally true that any given individual is unlikely to bite off more than s/he can actually chew, magickally speaking, with _any_ given technique, I think that it's also very likely that an individual subscribed to Grant's material and approach is _looking_ for trouble, _looking_ for something that violates boundaries and normative thinking, and is already well gone on a course that will probably result in major psychic upheaval. I believe, personally, that for at least some such folks, this is fine and even necessary, and if dangerous is only dangerous to the individual, and that most will survive and be all the much better for the experiences. HOWEVER, part of Grant's approach requires an openness to the beastial, the raw, murderous reptilian hindbrain fundament of the psyche, and I have every reason to believe that a failure to transmute and integrate these forces could easily result in severe trauma or psychosis which could manifest in markedly antosocial behaviours, including but hardly limited to murder, rape, cannibalism, necrophilia, beastiality and the gamut of sadistic and sociopathic indulgences. Only someone specially called to this Work is likely to benefit, and even so cannot safely proceed without the guidance of hir HGA. Grant's own texts are marvelous, but he almost never says exactly what he means, and he won't be there when the Beast has you by the throat. I've been to the Cave, and I've seen the Critter, and _I_ won't be there either. Someone accustomed to follow hir impulses, indulge in every emotional expression and instinctive activity, will almost certainly come a cropper, and it won't be pretty, because someone on this path is tampering with those very drives and the mechanisms that keep them in check; you're playing fast and loose with your very humanity here, and without a fine sense of balance, and the necessary tools (magickal, religious, alchemical) they will have a hard time putting the pieces together again. At least, so that they'll work without wrecking the furniture. };-] OTOH, a few lifetime's calm meditation, initiation into the Chod rite or Kaula tantra, and some years discipline and mental preparation would likely see one through the biggest hurdles. All that, and a sense of humour (which is very tricky, sometimes, when the wind gibbers with Their voices, and the earth mutters with Their consciousness....) Love is the law, love under will. Az0th 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718