From: Julia Phillips Area: ENOCHIAN To: Shadow Walker 13 Jul 94 22:06:18 Subject: enochian 101 UpdReq Hello Shadow! 03 Jul 94 23:15, Shadow Walker wrote to Julia Phillips: SW> I can't disagree with you here. It has been my experience that SW> few practicing Wiccan's would be practicing if they really SW> thought it worked. All too many of them want to "play" at being SW> witch's and delve in either ambiguous magicks or something "safe" SW> like herbalism. Sad, but true. Even worse, some of them aren't concerned with practising anything at all, except getting their good side to the camera for the publicity shot :( SW> With all the avoidance of power and results It is SW> no wonder that you would feel the difference. I have a slightly different background to some Wiccans though, as the coven which initiated me was also a magical Lodge, and my training is esentially Hermetic, rather than Wiccan. Also, my partner of several years (we separated in 1991) is a dedicated Enochian magician, and we did a lot of the early work together. I've worked with some incredibly talented Wiccans, and some amazingly inept magicians :) Mostly, the path is not so crucial, as the dedication and ability of the practitioner, in my experience. SW> Magickians are SW> usually just the opposite in their attitudes. Consequently there SW> has been more than a little conflict between these two groups. I think it's a shame, as Wicca is heavily influenced by ceremonial magic, and it's about time for it to stop pretending that it isn't. OTOH, some ceremonial magicians could do with a change in attitude towards Wicca, and not tar all Wiccans with the same brush. Nice to chat to you Shadow Walker :) B*B Julia 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718