From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Fir 18 Jun 94 12:09:24 Subject: Hermetic UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. F> Hi Az0th, Hi Fir! AA> but I've been really distracted AA> lately by some recent additions to my library (some Hermetic AA> Research Trust originals that Phanes hasn't reprinted). F> What did you get? Lessee... _Commentary on the Chemical Wedding_ (based on Foxcroft's translation instead of Godwin's, and with an additional comment by Gareth Knight) and _The Amphitheatre Engravings of Heinrich Khunrath_. Fascinating stuff. The Godwin translation of the Chemical Wedding that Phanes did publish is superior to the Foxcroft, I think, but the additional commentary material in the HRT edition is still worthwhile. Phanes will get around to the Khunrath sooner or later, I'm sure. And Stoltsius (JD Holmes has 2 different editions of this one....) In the last week or so, I've also received the new _Grimoirium Verum_ from Trident (gorgeous cobra and papyrus binding by Ars Obscura, with an interesting addendum, sort of a grimoire of the klippoth called _The Booke of the Black Serpent_, along G.'.D.'. lines.) And the new Geber collection from Weiser. And Chris McIntosh's first one, _The Astrologers and Their Creed_. AND, Bob Caine sent me copies of Dee's unpublished Libri Mysteriorum diaries and Logaeth. Logaeth is mostly illegible, though. The BM microfilm from which it was made sucked, badly. He's trying to get photographs. The diaries are in fine shape, though on 11x17 paper, two leaves per, and expensive to copy. I'm going to play around with it a bit, see if this third-generation copies ok, and try to get the diaries on 8.5x11 double-sided. The handwriting takes a little getting used to, but there are diagrams and Enochian script and notes and all sorts of great magical record stuff. Love is the law, love under will. Az0th 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Ar Aakhu-t 16 Jun 94 16:28:28 Subject: Enochian Class UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi ar! AA> enough, let alone when you have to play the part of AA> someone who knows what they're doing. I did a class on actually, everyone is fully aware that i DON'T know what i'm doing! ;> really though, before the class started, my 'credentials' (or lack of them) in enochian was actually discussed. AA> the I Ching at an Oasis meeting, and despite the fact AA> that everyone there was cool, it got a lot heavier and AA> more difficult than I expected, because it got a lot AA> more personal than I expected. Magick has a way of AA> doing that, and it's hard to keep the leader act up, AA> esp. with a bunch of Thelemites. So I'd agree with you i may try to get a small group of people together and keep the class going on a different night. my main concerns with things as they currently are include the following: 1. newbies to CM in general who should be more appropriately learning cabala 101, ritual methods 101, etc. 2. one newbie in particular who i think is emotionally a bit unstable, (more specifically, i think he's a bit 'schizzy'), AND i think that he is additioanlly undr some pretty maximal stressors right now. this person still doesn't know how he feels about practicing magick, period, but he'd been studying it for a bit, and decided that since he knew me, and had some sense of trust in me, that he would go forward with getting into doing some actual ritual, rather than just studying. (i think he's better off just sticking to studying it for now, and saving practicing any sort of magick for a time when he has less stuff going on in his life. at most, i don't think he should be doing anything beyond LBRP. though i can't make him do, or not do anything, i do plan on suggesting this to him.) 3. thre is some difference of opinion within the group regarding what type of opening is appropriate/necessary. though everyone seems to be in agreement except for one person. so, it looks to me like this particular person will probably not feel comfortable doing enochian work in this type of setting anyway. (initially i thought some compromise would be possible to make everyone comfortable, but that doesn't appear to be the case.) no class this week anyway. though i need to let the L.M. know what's up for next week. i'm sure i'll keep you posted. Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 16 Jun 94 16:39:30 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. JN> I was one of the ones who had more, at one time, and so I'm a bit more JN> focused on the subject. actually, i wonder whether this particular issue might have contributed to some problems that one of the people in class had during a working last week? hmm.... JN> ... Convictions make convicts. KB> and when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns? JN> What!!!?? Don't tell me you didn't recognize this most essential of JN> Discordian principles! Especially when it's so apropos of your comments JN> about our culture. now waitaminut! i was made a discordian pope by RAW, himself! };-] Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 16 Jun 94 16:43:58 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi christeos! KB> wanted to say 'PAX, bro!' :) CP> I was afraid that you were taking some of this personally, given the CP> apparent strength of your feelings. I assure you from my heart that CP> it's just a debate, an exchange of views and opinions. My love and CP> respect remain constant, my sister. 'as brothers (and sisters), fight ye!' ;> really though, i don't think it's that i'm taking it personally, nor do i think that i necessarrily have strong feelings on this one, (though gayatri might be another story.) it's more that i have some things going on right now that are making me a bit more sensitive and 'touchy' than usual. (the briefest summary of this 'stuff' is that i am not, in fact, going to NZ.) but i did want to let you know that i have decided to wait to reply to your post, for a bit. while i usually enjoy a good debate, i'm just not up for it at the moment. but, i did want to thank you for the clarification. :) Love is the law, love under will. --k-- 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718