From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 5 Jun 94 23:57:00 Subject: Enochian mottos UpdReq 93- CP> Thanks! As Rose and I were commenting elsewhere, it's quite a CP> trip to CP> find that these still pack a punch even when you're used to CP> magick! That's good to hear! CP> As usual with magickal names -the "real" ones anyway, IT CP> picked me! I chose mine based on fairly prosaic words, later found out a series of other meanings for the same words with exactly the same connotations I'd found for myself! Kind of like the name growing as I did. CP> There's been some speculation in several places as to just CP> what AC's CP> motto for 5=6 was. Regardie puts forth the theory that it was CP> something CP> along the lines of "Cor Christi" (if memory serves). Somewhere I think he suggested in _Eye_in_the_Triangle_ that it was something like 'The heart of Jesus girt with a serpent', but I recall a couple years back it was published in the Thelema Lodge Newsletter as part of a trivia quiz. Can't recall what they said it was. CP> else I CP> recall reading another suggestion (by whom, I can't recall CP> right now) CP> that it was "Christeos Luciftias." CP> CP> thing I saw was a gloss on a particular poem -don't remember CP> which CP> right now, but if it's important I can look for it next time CP> I'm over CP> there- that was signed by "Christeos Luciftias." Doesn't CP> _prove_ that CP> it was his A.M. motto, but still... (In addition to giving me CP> a boost CP> on seeing it! ) Nice when that happens! Not too long ago I discovered that 'Aakhu-t' was the name of the Great Pyramid. Pretty interesting! ,=====. -93/93 ===' _---_ . . ===<< () > -Ar Aakhu-t `---' /| `-' | 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 6 Jun 94 00:22:00 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq 93- CP> Enochian, as I mentioned, seems to 'plug into' more of a CP> benign, and CP> indeed, Divine, system. Others, like Grant's or Bertiaux' CP> (from what CP> I've read), are nothing for the unbalanced to fool with. For That's been myu impression. CP> this CP> reason, I have no qualms about recommending Enochian to any CP> magician CP> with a little common sense and some understanding of the CP> basics of CM. Well, all right! You're talking me out of my apprehensions, guess I just need to get at it if I want to find out more. You and Josh have made it pretty clear that, from what you say, it'll be handleable. CP> AA> Golden Dawn tack-on? Their tack on enochian bothers me. CP> Me too, that's why I don't use them. Mathers was good for what Okay then. That was a stumbling point with working through Lon Milo's guide. CP> But one thing that seems clear from both my reading and my CP> experimentation: that each person's understanding is CP> necessarily CP> filtered through their present persona as it has developed in CP> their CP> particular life (their Ruach?). So, just as NDE's are A wise remembrance in any area of magick. There's certainly a balance between learning from others' work and assuming their own personal limitations and quirks. Another good reason to study the work of those working in different traditions with different assumptions and language. I get quite a lot from reading studies on Zen texts, though that particular tradition is certainly not mine. Their accounts of interactions between various individuals is really suggestive. CP> blast his eyes with the horror of seeing his Master CP> dissolve CP> into that appalling hallucination, the "Vision of THE CP> DEMON CP> CROWLEY!" And by that time you've bought all his books! CP> After which, no doubt, he stumbles to the typewriter and CP> writes the CP> next volume of "The Advanced Enochian Yoga Workbook." Shall we add that one to the list of the ten most popular occult delusions? "I can write a book (worth reading)" CP> So what the hell am I saying, in twenty five words or less? CP> "Go ahead CP> and try some experiments, test your visions, and keep an open CP> -though CP> not gullible- mind." Thanks! I think I probably will. BTW- how hung up do you guys get on which of the alternate letters of the tablets to use? Or doesn't it much matter? CP> Oh, yeah, elements/astrology/qabalah and such: CP> CP> - The concensus seems to be pretty clearly in favor of the CP> Enochian CP> system being based upon the four (well, five counting Spirit, CP> of CP> course) elements. 'Kay. THat's easy enough. CP> - I don't have enough personal knowledge to speak to the CP> planetary CP> stuff, though it came through pretty strongly for Josh. Feels right aesthetically. CP> - The attempts by the GD and Crowley to relate Enochian to the CP> Tree CP> seem not to work as well for others, and I'm of the impression Yeah. I don't much care for that- it smacks of (later) intellectualization. CP> all! Otherwise I'd have to spend at least 2 1/2 seconds trying CP> to CP> decide which of my fingers relates to Tiphereth, so I'd know CP> what size CP> rings to get. Easy! Whether you start counting from right to left, the little fingers are in the middle, so they'd be number 6. Unless you get into that spooky "Back side of the hand" stuff, in which case it'd be the thumb. CP> Well, no, not for me anyway. Despite the fact that they are CP> intertwined CP> (and I haven't really explored that aspect, just had a vision CP> of _how_ CP> they did), they seem almost like two different directions to CP> me. More CP> like the difference between the LBRP and Pathworking, or Okay- and those two seem appropriate analogies to the type of work you'd be doing. Frankly, my pathworkign skills are undisciplined enough that the prospect of scrying aethyrs seems a little dautning, though I get the impression that once it got going it'd be similar to other stuff I've done a little. Which leaves me looking at the elemental angel work as more similar to ritual work I'm familiar with, but it still feels a little odd. THough I guess the process of dealing with the angel is very much like pathworkling as well. CP> Not CP> AA> an easy routine, certainly. But I wonder what an CP> equivalent course CP> AA> might be in the Enochian systems. CP> CP> Well, this is certainly closer to how Dee spoke of it, and CP> there are CP> people who are apparently working it this way: you'll want to CP> ask Julia CP> Phillips about how Rufus works for some idea of this method. Okay. CP> Do you CP> have a copy of Geoffrey James' "Enochian Evocation of Dr. John CP> Dee"? CP> Yes- I like it quite a bit. I appreciate his attitude, and his balance between respect for the source material and experimentation with it. Mercifully GD- free. CP> I hope I've been of some little help. Yes, very much so! I'd consider conversations like these definitely among the real boons of rthe information age! CP> I have some 1/2 meg of files on Enochian, and another meg in CP> Josh's CP> Gematria database, if you can read 5 1/4" (1.2 meg) CP> floppies... Um, probably don't have the equipment to deal with it. Maybe Grendels got some of it. 93/93- -Ar Aakhu-t S S S S . { , /| | | == ,===+===. `.`,-.',' -+ | L) || H ~~((O))~~ ----+---- |===][===| H ,',`-'.`. | | /` || H / } \ L) | \) == 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Ar Aakhu-t Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 6 Jun 94 00:24:00 Subject: Enochian papers UpdReq 93- JN> Good. I think you will especially enjoy the second "Godzilla" JN> paper, in JN> light of some things I've seen you mention in other messages JN> recently. I'll look for it! 93/93 /\ . . \./ \,/ -AR AAKHU-T X >< X /'\ /`\ horizon@fry.halcyon.com \/ 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718