From: Julia Phillips Area: ENOCHIAN To: Kayla Block 27 Apr 94 22:03:36 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Greetings Kayla! 19 Apr 94 22:52, Kayla Block wrote to Julia Phillips: KB> Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. KB> hi julia! JP>> I'd say it would be fine to use, but you'll probably JP>> discover that once you start using for Enochian JP>> scrying, it won't feel quite right for anything else. KB> hmmm...if that did happen with the black mirror, that would bum me out. KB> though i have other scrying tools besides the black mirror, that i KB> wouldn't mind utilizing exclusively for enochian, i wouldn't want the KB> black mirror to be so limited in its use. has that been your experience KB> with enochian scrying tools? or has that been the general rule for others KB> you've known? Both ... I don't know personally of anyone who uses their Enochian equipment for anything else, and all the practical experience I have with the system was using the equipment as described by Dee, which was in a separate Temple, and used for no other purpose. But, like everything, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another, so it may just be down to good old trial and error :) JP>> If you do use it, I would give it a bit of a cleansing first. We just JP>> taught making black mirrors to our Stella Maris Coven KB> care to share any tips? perhaps i should make an enochian black mirror? We used quite a simple method. Get a plain glass convex dish (either from a clockmaker, or friendly lab technician ), and give it a good cleansing. When it's ready, place it convex side uppermost on some newspaper, and spray it carefully with matt black paint. I give it about three coats, and let it dry for a day or so. That's all there is to the physical manufacture, but you need to cleanse it, and charge it magically before you use it. JP>> most important things is to work a ritual to link it JP>> magically with its counterpart in your astral temple, KB> i've never actualy done that as a specific ritual. it's something that KB> for me, develops over time in working with a particular object. what sort KB> of rituals have you done in this context? Basic ritual opening, and then with whatever method you usually use, ascend to your astral temple, making the normal entrances, and so on. Visualise an exact replica of your mirror on your astral altar, and consecrate it on the astral. Then, visualise the link that exists between the astral and terrestrial Temples, and see the two mirrors being connected. That way, the terrestrial mirror is linked with the astral mirror, which (for me at any rate) gives a strong focus for purposes of scrying. It's not very elaborate, but seems to work well. I've used it for our Stella Maris coven, and they got on really well with it. JP>> Enochian working, you would want to take it to the JP>> celestial and super-celestial worlds later. (Sorry if KB> can you clarify for me what you are referring to by celestial and KB> super-celestial worlds? i'm not familiar with these terms in the way that KB> you seem to be using them. what tradition do these terms come from? KB> sounds like something out of some form of hermetic, (platonic?) tradition, KB> but i can't quite place them. They are part of the general Elizabethan world-view, and a lot of Dee's philosophy makes more sense (to me, at any rate) when considered within the 3-world philosophy of terrestrial, celestial and super-celestial. It's just another way of describing the hierarchies, and it really doesn't matter what words you use. I'm more familiar with these descriptions, but anything else would do just as well. JP>>> 7) when the Temple is completed in the terrestrial JP>>> realms (with table, etc), and you are happy with the JP>>> Temples in the other realms, perform the first opening JP>>> 7) when the Temple is completed in the terrestrial JP>>> realms (with table, etc), and you are happy with the KB> i'm not actually using a table, etc. at this point. just the tablets in KB> my normal temple space. someone, might have been christeos or josh said KB> that they didn't feel that this would present a problem. do you have any KB> counter opinions? Only based on the experience I have, which is with people who work the system as closely as possible to the way Dee received it. Josh has taken it in other directions, and I can quite understand why he wouldn't bother with the ritual equipment used by Dee. Depends what you want to do yourself. From a "traditional" point of view, making the equipment by hand is a pre-requisit of practising Enochia. The only thing which Rufus didn't make by hand was the ring, but everything else he did himself, including the most amazing etching which I never knew he had in him :) I made the floor cloth, and collected some of the other bits and pieces, but everything else Rufus made by hand. I do believe that there is value in doing this, same way I believe there is value in copying by hand any rituals, or magical mss. But then, I'm old-fashioned . Most of the magicians I know who practise Enochia start off with a more general Hermetic practice, and build up their knowledge of Renaissance magic, philosophy, technique, and so on, along with astrology and cabbala, and take it from there. It really depends on what you yourself want to do, like most things, I suppose :) B*B Julia 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: King Priapus Area: ENOCHIAN To: The Cegorach 2 May 94 21:37:30 Subject: Enochian "style" UpdReq Re: Enochian "style" > While I do appreciate the offer, I'll FREQ it from Tony in a few days (once > 93, > Larry 93, Larry! I would like to freq it from tony as well. What is the file name? Or better yet, how do I get a list of his freq -able files? Gracias! King Priapus 93 XAOS CENTRAL NEXUS || Milwaukee's link to the PAGAN NATION! Magickal/Wiccan/Odd || Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards! It makes Direct on! VBBS 6.12|| them soggy and hard to light! (R.A.W.) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: King Priapus Area: ENOCHIAN To: Kayla Block 2 May 94 22:23:06 Subject: Sigil of Amenth UpdReq Re: Re: enochian/goetic ritu > i'll have to hunt around, but i just might have a copy of the sigil of ameth > GIF or some other format. i'll have to hunt through some floppies to see if > can find it. i'll let you know. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. If you manage to dig the Sigil up, I wouldn't mind a copy as well. If it's not too much trouble, I wuoldn't mind a decent ANSI of the Unicursal Hexagram. Thanks! King Priapus > Love is the law, love under will. XAOS CENTRAL NEXUS || Milwaukee's link to the PAGAN NATION! Magickal/Wiccan/Odd || Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards! It makes Direct on! VBBS 6.12|| them soggy and hard to light! (R.A.W.) 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718