From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 15 Apr 94 22:51:20 Subject: Enochian 101 UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. hi josh! JN> see where they might contribute something would be in evocations to JN> visible appearance. LOL, i was just kidding about starting with evocations, actually. my inclination has been to start out with scrying an aethyr or 2, and seeing how that goes. JN> were really intended for use with the Heptarchic angels, who are not i'm not sure if i have heard anything about the heptarchic angels, (or if i have, i've forgotten). can you tell me a wee bit about them? JN> I'd start out with a few invocations just to get used to the "feel" of JN> the enochian energies, which differ somewhat from what one gets with JN> others sorts of "elemental" powers. Do each one of the third through JN> sixth Calls until you have a sense of the energy, then again using the JN> First Call before the elemental Call. so, are you saying that starting with invoking the elements would be the best place to start? JN> Once you've got that down, take it where you will. I like scrying JN> myself, but that's my talent. What sort of thing do you do well? interesting question. ;> never really thought about it before. i think that i have some facility with various things in magick, but i'm not sure if i would say that there's anything that i really excel at. for me, a better way to think about it, might be in terms of what i most enjoy doing. so far, i would say that i have had the most 'fun' with invoking god-forms. i have had mixed results with scrying. i think that i've tended to have poor results with scrying, but the times when i have had good results with it, it's been awesome. (rarely seems to be anything in between, actually). i think that my 'failures' with scrying have had to do with not being able to put myself in the right mode of conciousness, often from feeling a sense of impatience. when i can just relax, and allow myself to just gaze at whatever i'm using, and not 'trying' too had, or worrying about whether it's going to work, is when i think it tends to go really well. now that i've been practicing some yoga, i suspect that i might be able to get some more consistent results, but i haven't actually tested out that theory yet. :) but, doing some scrying of something or another seems to me to be a good place to start. i have done some scrying using the first enochian call to sort of 'open' up a tablet, and that went really well. and, yes, the energy did feel really strange---quite different from anything else that i've done within magick. i thought that it was interesting, but i wasn't ready to pursue it any further at the time. JN> One thing: it pays to have patience, persistence, and a willingness to JN> allow the angels to manifest in the ways they deem best for the JN> circumstances. Give them the freedom to work and they'll do you right. good advice! i'm sure i'll be keeping you (and everybody else here) posted as things move along! :) i'm out of room, but thans for your help. TTYL! 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: Kayla Block Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 17 Apr 94 00:39:10 Subject: Re: enochian/goetic ritu UpdReq hi josh! i posted some mail to you at 'star in the circle' with my address, but i'm not sure if you will actually receive it. 'star in the circle' only grants very limited access to first time callers, and the only private area that i was able to post on there was 'notes to the sysop' or something like that. i asked corvus, (i think it was corvus), to pass along the note to you, if it wasn't too much hassle. let me know if you do or don't receive it. JN> Can do. Unfortunately, it turns out my main file of the Ameth drawing i'll have to hunt around, but i just might have a copy of the sigil of ameth in GIF or some other format. i'll have to hunt through some floppies to see if i can find it. i'll let you know. Love is the law, love under will. -----kayla 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718