From: The Cegorach Area: ENOCHIAN To: CHRISTEOS PIR 31 Mar 94 02:59:52 Subject: Enochian "style" UpdReq -=> Quoting Christeos Pir @666:401/11 to The Cegorach @666:231/0*9 <=- CP> Fancy meeting you here... :) TC> Being rather ignorant of the Enochian system, what (in general) *did* TC> the GD do to it? I.e., what was their "style" as compared to, say, TC> Dee's? And what, if you don't mind me asking, is your "style"? CP@> They basically ignored all of Dee's notes on pronunciation (which CP@> they may or may not have had available) and even the influence of the CP@> way that English was spoken in Dee's time and the impact that would CP@> have had on Dee's pronunciation of Enochian. Instead, they came up CP@> with a system which, while not quote-unquote "Wrong," is definately CP@> NOT what the Angels communicated to Dee. In this system, each letter CP@> is given a sound, based on Hebrew letters. It's as if, IMO, one were CP@> to replace the word "cat" with "kuh-ah-tuh." I believe you were also talking about Elemental attributions; is this some- thing you can elaborate upon, or would I have had to studied Enochian for your explanation to make sense? :) I.e., I've heard a few people complain that they didn't like the way the GD "fitted" Enochiana under an Elemental attribution scheme, with the obligatory "Procrustean" tossed in for good measure. :) If the Enochian scheme *isn't* Elemental, or if trying to make it so is objectionable, then what *is* it? CP@> If you like, I can send you a copy of my essay on Enochian CP@> Pronunciation a la Dee. I'll have to ask for reimbursement for CP@> copying and postage -- about $5. While I do appreciate the offer, I'll FREQ it from Tony in a few days (once I get a working monitor at home and can actually *use* the essay. :) ). 93, Larry ... And V.V.V.V.V. answered and said: O my lord, my dove, my excellent ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 VQWK 6.20 [Rev G - 01/23/94] 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718 From: The Cegorach Area: ENOCHIAN To: JOSH NORTON 31 Mar 94 02:59:56 Subject: Enochian UpdReq Bitch, moan, mumble, gripe. Howdy, Josh--I had a big long post to you all ready to go re: Enochian, and the darned computer ate it. First time it's eaten a .REP packet. Apparently, the .ZIP got corrupted, and it fudged the whole thing, including about 20 other messages. Stoopid flamin' 'puter! Ahem. Enochian Query session, take 2: In regards to the general consensus re: study of Enochiana, and your specific advice to me earlier, I have a question of "degree", if you will. That is, while Enochian is something I'm quite looking forward to studying/ using in the future, I do generally agree with the admonition to wait until one is firmly grounded in a variety of other things first. After all, the Golden Dawn proper didn't even do Enochian work, correct? They weren't even exposed to it (except briefly in the Initiations) until the 2nd order, if I recall correctly. So far, so good...but I've come to the point where Kraig inserts an Enochian god-name into one of the rituals. Specifically, it's in his "advanced middle pillar" ritual. The instructions call for one to vibrate Archangelic names after the God-Names associated with each Sphere/Chakra. Since there is no Archangelic name for Da'ath/Visuddhi, he gives an Enochian name--which is, by the way, the name given in The Vision and the Voice as the names for the Rulers (or Governors?) of the 10th Aethyr, i.e., the names from the Tablet of Union with an 'L' tacked on at the beginning. I seem to recall them being split slightly differently, but I digress. I tried this version, vibrating the Enochian name, once, and am undecided as to whether or not I'll continue in the future. Right now I'm busy with plenty of other things anyway, so it's no big deal. One of the main reasons it's on hold, though, is the notion that if I'm going to do it, I wish to do it "right". I.e., just blindly vibrating an Enochian name, without any further knowledge of the Enochian system, or even *what* name I'm using, where it's from, etc., is something I'm not keen to do. Now, of course, I'm not *completely* ignorant of it; after all, as I pointed out, it's the name of the Ruler of the 10th Aethyr--ZAX, I think it was? And I'm aware, as I'm sure you are, that this is the Aethyr wherein Choronzon appears. I don't know a whole lot more about it, though. Miraculously, I think I've come to the point of all this rambling. :) (Fishing for a rant)--do you (or anyone else, for that matter) think it's "better" to "stick with the program", or "avoid Enochian"? That is, I'm endeavouring to stick to the schedule/program established by Kraig. I've no wish to embark upon "full-fledged" Enochian work--i.e., scrying the Aethyrs, etc., and yet this doesn't seem like "full-fledged" Enochian work. OTOH, there's certainly a good deal of the eagerness to "do" Enochian in there, and I'm not sure how much of that is influencing the notion that "a little vibration doesn't count". Larry ... Thou hast the Head of the Hawk, & thy Phallus is the Phallus of Asar. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12 VQWK 6.20 [Rev G - 01/23/94] 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718