From: Christeos Pir Area: ENOCHIAN To: The Cegorach 25 Mar 94 01:39:52 Subject: Enochian "style" UpdReq -=> The Cegorach sent a message to CHRISTEOS PIR on 22 Mar 94 05:15:32 <=- -=> Re: Enochian "style" <=- Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Fancy meeting you here... TC> Being rather ignorant of the Enochian system, what (in general) *did* TC> the GD do to it? I.e., what was their "style" as compared to, say, TC> Dee's? And what, if you don't mind me asking, is your "style"? They basically ignored all of Dee's notes on pronunciation (which they may or may not have had available) and even the influence of the way that English was spoken in Dee's time and the impact that would have had on Dee's pronunciation of Enochian. Instead, they came up with a system which, while not quote-unquote "Wrong," is definately NOT what the Angels communicated to Dee. In this system, each letter is given a sound, based on Hebrew letters. It's as if, IMO, one were to replace the word "cat" with "kuh-ah-tuh." My style is based on a combination of: my understanding of Dee's original notes (which are not always consistent), some extrapolation based on Robert Turner's research (which takes into account the sounds of Elizabethan english), and purely personal preference. If you like, I can send you a copy of my essay on Enochian Pronunciation a la Dee. I'll have to ask for reimbursement for copying and postage -- about $5. Love is the law, love under will. - Christeos Pir ... I love you; I would sprinkle you with the divine dew of immortality. 201434369420143436942014343694201434369420143436942014343694718