From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 18 Aug 93 20:53:50 Subject: Cacodiffs UpdReq Hi, Chris! Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. I just tweaked my Enochian name extractor to do cacodaemons,so I have some new diffs, between the Recensa and the derived Table. There are 32 diffs, only one of which is due to a changed letter (this shows up as a lower case letter.) The rest are purely the result of the rearrangement of the Tablets in the Tabula Recensa: MTa XTO Cacodaemon, Air of Water ONH ANH Cacodaemon, Air of Water CPA RPA Cacodaemon, Air of Water HSA PSA Cacodaemon, Air of Water MMA XMA Cacodaemon, Water of Water OLE ALE Cacodaemon, Water of Water CVS RVS Cacodaemon, Water of Water HRV PRV Cacodaemon, Water of Water RPA CPA Cacodaemon, Earth of Water AND OND Cacodaemon, Earth of Water XII MII Cacodaemon, Earth of Water EXR AXR Cacodaemon, Earth of Water RXP CXP Cacodaemon, Fire of Water AVA OVA Cacodaemon, Fire of Water XDA MDA Cacodaemon, Fire of Water ERN ARN Cacodaemon, Fire of Water XAI MAI Cacodaemon, Air of Earth AOR OOR Cacodaemon, Air of Earth RRS CRS Cacodaemon, Air of Earth PIZ HIZ Cacodaemon, Air of Earth XOM MOM Cacodaemon, Water of Earth AGB OGB Cacodaemon, Water of Earth RRL CRL Cacodaemon, Water of Earth PIA HIA Cacodaemon, Water of Earth COP ROP Cacodaemon, Earth of Earth ODO ADO Cacodaemon, Earth of Earth MRX XRX Cacodaemon, Earth of Earth AAX EAX Cacodaemon, Earth of Earth CMS RMS Cacodaemon, Fire of Earth OIA AIA Cacodaemon, Fire of Earth MIZ XIZ Cacodaemon, Fire of Earth AST EST Cacodaemon, Fire of Earth The software makes it a damned sight easier to work things out (it'll even run on _your_ PC!) I've almost got it doing governors, too (in fact, all I have to do is finish the coordinate tables; it already knows everything else.) Then I'll add Dee's angelic 'function' descriptions..... Love is the law, love under will. Az0th 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Mark O. Garrison 18 Aug 93 21:07:06 Subject: Re: Trithemius and more UpdReq Hi Mark! Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. A> Talked to JD Holmes the other day, and they were sold out of it, but A> were going to check into getting more. They do have the Smith bio of >That's too bad. Hopefully they will have it in stock again fairly >soon. As for Smith's bio of Dee, I haven't even had the chance to I've got another buyer trying to get in touch with Neptune. Holmes did have several other bits that I glommed onto with unbecoming rapidity,like the first volume of their new AO Spare compendium, and an edition of the Goetia made from Crowley's own, containing graphical work that is missing from all the other printed editions. A> Wasn't Leo Vinci one of Crowley's aliases (after, I MOG> although I once remember seeing a complete listing of A> Yeah, I think I've got the same one around here somewhere.... >If you could remember what it was in, I would be grateful. It would >allow me to fill in a useful lacunae in my memory... I quickly glanced through Cammel, Fuller, King and Wilson; nada. I'm thinking it must be in either Suster or Symonds, maybe Roberts. Bloody hell. Lacunae is a kind word for what's happening to my mind.... MOG> I have never read Laycock's book. I have a general tendency to A> Ah. The original was done by Askin, in England, about 15 years ago. >I'll have to look into the Askin version then...that way it won't >involve a slight moral quandry (The thing about Llewellyn was a joke Might involve a slight monetary quandary, though. All the Askin edition I've seen or heard of were tagged at over $200. Weiser is the one promising to reprint the thing though, and in hardback, as I understand. It might be smart to wait a bit. I personally have no qualms about making, using or giving away working copies of just about anything in my library. Of course I gave up morality, as such, a _long_ time ago, and I don't equate legality with propriety! >anyways...after-all, the very first occult book I bought was Michael Donald >Kraig's MODERN MAGICK, so I do, on occassion, purchase their books. I'll >probably even buy Gerald Del Campo's book, once it comes out, as well...). But of course! I have quite a few Llewellyn titles, many of which I could well have done without, but there are exceptions, as you say (Lady Sheba's Book of Shadows was an _early_ purchase). They seem to be catering to a slightly different audience than they used to, probably for sound financial reasons. They _used_ to have some Crowley in print, including Regardie's first edition of _Gems from the Equinox_. A> Curiouser, too. There's a notation beside one of those mysterious A> numbers, by Dee, talking about 'middle C'. Was the gematria in terms A> of musical scales, do you think? I wonder if Joclyn Godwin has ever >Really. Where was this notation located, exactly? As for Joclyn Godwin Around page 79 of Casaubon, near the bottom of the page, near the notation for the first 'C' transmitted (backwards) for Cicle. >the Enochian Alphabet being a musical scale is a good a very likely >possibility indeed! Somewhere, I have the Hebrew AlephBeth converted to >musical scale...HHMMM, this is starting me to think...Unfortunately I know as >much about music as I know about cars! :) :) Hmmm. Let's see.... sharp's for knives, flat's for tires, and bass is what woofers are for, yes? };-] MOG> Yes, indeed. You are lucky enough to have access to the Mc Manus MOG> and De Young collections (and many other occult A> Hehe. I think most such work will have to wait until I've settled a A> few workaday dilemmas. But my freelance software is doing well,and I A> can at least hope to be in a position to play properly in a couple of A> years, insh'Allah. >where I have not had to work at a "wage slave" job for the past year and a >half, so I have had as much "play" time as I have wanted. So what exactly do Nice. I did that a few years ago, after I got back from working a contract in Saudi. Bought a car, a guitar, and spent the next 2 years making sex magick with an ex-best-friend's ex-best-wife. Since then, my life's been...interesting. >you program? In what language do you write in? I have just recently begun to >learn C and C++ myself... Early on, most everything I did was in assembler, but I've been doing C for about 8 years now, and C++ off and on for 3. C's still my weapon of choice,with assist from C++ where appropriate. I've worked as necessary with 4GLs,DDL/DMLs and the rest, but it's still true that you can program Fortran in _any_ language (one of my first hacks was writing an Xmodem comm package in Microsoft Fortran on my TRS-80 Model I.) MOG> take about two weeks for me to get microfiche MOG> duplicates made after I receive the film...photocopies MOG> I could do same day!)...I'm not A> Sounds like the beginning of a plan. };-] Now all I have to do is get A> the film of Logaeth...... >Oh, that reminds me! Was I going to give you the address to the >British Library (or was it the British Museum? I forget! Same block anyways! Thanks for the information! I'll attempt to put it to good use. I recently did some quick comparative work on Dee's Enochian names, and uncovered so much disagreement in the published sources, that I'm about ready to pursue films of Sloane 3191, as well as Logaeth. Even when I account for misprints and tracers (those errors purposely introduced by an author or publisher to unmistakably identify a work) there are a lot of bogosities to bebother an honest magickian. Too, I've just grabbed some fairly recent Voynich research from rand.org (in /pub/voynich) and it's given me some ideas.... >date...The depository will generally not even mention that they have complete >exclusive rights, if they do...What is usually best, is to state your intent >to possibly pursue publication of this text when you order the microfilm, and >ask if this is in opposition to any of their interests. They will most likely >respond, especially if it is! :) :) Right! I'll bear that in mind. A> It's at least possible that an arrangement could be worked A> with the copyright holders. Of course, the major use of A> something like Logaeth would come _after_ it was entered >This is true. I would hope that an agreement could be made. However,>even if the text had been entered into ASCII (or XYWRITE or whatever) I'm not >so sure that it wouldn't be still under copyright infingement...after the If reconstructive work was necessary just to produce the films, then this might well be the case. Otherwise, the data entry itself becomes an interpretive act that would be protected as well under copyright when published, unless formally placed in the public domain. >outrageous decision on the suit against Eisenmann and Michael Wise for their >translation of a 2,000 year old text (MMT) by the gentleman (who presumes to >call himself a scholar! ACK!) who simply peiced together twelve fragments of >scroll pieces who claimed (and is now supported by the Israel Supreme Court) >to have sole copyright to this text and any and all translations...I'm not so >sure anymore when it comes to copyright laws! Makes a fellow sick, doesn't it? Vested interest at its best. The bastards were just pissed that the cat was out of the proper Orthodox bag that had smothered research for half a century. Eisenmann and Wise may be martyrs to unethical legality, but they've changed history. Historically, any research that threatens the status quo in a religious state will be suppressed; it has always been necessary to _legislate_ facts out of existence (or availability) when they obviously conflict with the faith. MOG> if every scholar, such as us, input/scanned/uploaded MOG> only 10 texts a year! The end result could be amazing! A> And much harder to burn than the original! };-] >Hopefully! Though, I have heard rumours that there are a few rare ... >virus...thusly burning the library in an altogether different (though just as >effective) way... Mmmm. The greatest vulnerability of the Alexandria library was that it was mostly in _one_ place. Once the data is truly distributed, and many copies litter the electronic landscape of many different types of machines,guaranteed destruction becomes a practical impossibility, and even One World sociopaths and Clintonian Marxists are just SOL. Love is the law, love under will. Az0th 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718