From: Fir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 1 Aug 93 11:44:00 Subject: Seniors of Earth UpdReq I started reading the file of your experiences invoking the Planetary Seniors of the Earth Tablet in 1986. This morning I read the first 2 Seniors, Jove and Luna. Reading this brings up some questions I would like to ask you. Some of these questions I would not post on a public BBS as they are personal to me. I would like to ask how you recorded this information. Did you use a tape recorder or did you write it down at the time, or rather did you record from memory after the rituals were complete? Blessings, Fir 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Fir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 1 Aug 93 11:46:00 Subject: Skyclad or Robed UpdReq This might sound like a silly question but I would like to ask if you have an opinion about working skyclad vs. robed while performing Enochian work? Blessings, Fir 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Fir Area: ENOCHIAN To: Paul Hume 1 Aug 93 12:12:00 Subject: Happy B'day Dear Edward... UpdReq PH> Just a note to pass on the news (gleaned from Thelema Lodge's PH> "History PH> Heap" column) that Aug. 1 marks Sir Edward Kelly's birthday. PH> PH> Love them Lammas babies... What year? 1955 myself. B.B. Fir 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mark O. Garrison Area: ENOCHIAN To: Azoth 2 Aug 93 10:17:54 Subject: Trithemius and more UpdReq DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW In a message dated 01 Aug 93 18:52:28, Azoth wrote: A> Unfortunately, the only modern edition I know of, that from the A> Hermetic Research Trust, has become quite as rare as the original, and A> probably won't be reprinted by Phanes for several years. Well, I have good news for you, and some bad news. First the bad news. According to Phanes Press' THE ALEXANDRIAN newsletter, issue 2, the response to their survey showed that the vast majority of people wish to see these following titles of the Magnum Opus series reprinted first: THE FIVE BOOKS OF MYSTICAL EXERCISES OF JOHN DEE THE HEPTARCHIA MYSTICA OF JOHN DEE THE STEGANOGRAPHICA OF TRITHEMIUS There was no mention unfortunately, however, of the text you had mentioned by Iohannes Trithemius. However, now for the good news...well, I guess it could be good news...First of all, they have shown that they are quite open to suggestions as to their upcoming publications...if we were to get enough letters to them, especially if our letters numbered more than 87 requests (as this is the number of requests they had for THE FIVE BOOKS OF MYSTICAL EXERCISES OF JOHN DEE--which had more requests than any other book!), I'm certain they would greatly consider re-publishing this text. Also, they have stated that they are willing to publish/republish a book dedicated to a person--just as the ancient custom--if that individual is willing to pay the cost of printing...Granted, this would be a much more expensive route than just paying a high price for a used copy...however, if you happened to know a rich benefactor who would be willing to be your patron in this matter , or if you were able to find a group of people who were all willing to pitch in for the cause...:) :) All in all, though, I figure it would be most easy to get some friends to write them requests...:) :) And just maybe, if you could convince all of us here on this Enochian Echo that it would be in all of our best interests' to do such a thing...and to make it even easier, they have an E-Mail and InterNet address now...hint, hint! ;) ;) If you do not have it already, it is dolphin318@aol.com, or, as they stated...if you do not like the idea of communicating with dolphins via electronic mail, you can use phanes@aol.com! :) :) Hope some of this might have helped to give you some form of hope. :) Love is the law, love under will, Mark O. Garrison 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mark O. Garrison Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 2 Aug 93 10:42:54 Subject: RE: MISC ENOCHIANA UpdReq DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW In a message dated 01 Aug 93 18:28:26, Christeos Pir wrote: CP> Well, keep us posted... BTW, did you see Ben's thoughts on the words CP> having numerations, rather than the letters? I certainly will, you can be rest assured of that! :) As soon as I come up with something that is coherent, or workable, I will probably bounce it off the people of this echo for their input...however, that is if indeed I come up with anything coherent ;) ;)...as I stated earlier, the only things I have found thus far only seem to make sense/pertain to myself, and my own working ...But we shall in time see! :) :) Yes, I did see his idea of words having numerations...I thought it was an innovative idea that truly deserves some looking into (as if I have really have the time at this moment!). I think it very well might be a possibility...do you know if anyone has produced an Enochian Concordance that has each word in Enochian and it number of appearances/occurances in the Clavicles? Perhaps another idea for the numeration of the letters might come from the number of appearances of that letter in the Four Elemental Tablets. This was my preliminary idea for LIBER LOGOAETH, but it just didn't seem to work...however, I have not had the time to do the same with the Elemental Tablets! :) By the way, some good possibilities of texts that might be of some kind of help in deciphering the Enochian Language might be these: THE STEGANOGRAPHIA OF TRITHEMIUS CRYPTOMENYTICES ET CRYPTOGRAPHIAE by Gustav Selenus LIBER LOGOAETH (as I have theorized and am trying!) POLYGRAPHIA by Athanasius Kircher ...and their are a couple of texts that I am trying to get a hold of that deal with the undeciphered script in Bacon's VOYNICH MANUSCRIT, as since Dee also attempted to decipher this text, it would be an insight into some of the ways scripts were encrypted during that time...and these are as follows: THE CIPHER OF ROGER BACON by W.R. Newbold ROGER BACON'S CIPHER; THE RIGHT KEY FOUND by Feely MOG> Yes, indeed it is fairly expensive. ;> However, you might find MOG> it difficult to read for extended periods of time. CP> I know. But it seems that in the absence of a reprint in modern CP> typeface, something I was whining about a little whine ago, I'll CP> just have to spend the bucks for the Causabon reprint and some reading CP> glasses! However, depending however long it takes, you now have an option. Phanes Press is planning, by popular demand, to publish a version of THE FIVE BOOKS OF MYSTICAL EXERCISES OF JOHN DEE in modern typeset script as part of their Magnum Opus series, and heaven knows that it will be, most likely, a much better translation of the Latin.... I reckon that they will probably have it out within the upcoming year...so sometime around/or by next summer it should (or "may" might be a better word) be available. :) :) Love is the law, love under will, Mark O. Garrison 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Mark O. Garrison 3 Aug 93 12:48:16 Subject: Trithemius and more UpdReq Hi, Mark - Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. A> Unfortunately, the only modern edition I know of, that from the A> Hermetic Research Trust, has become quite as rare A> as the original, and probably won't be reprinted by Phanes A> for several years. MOG> THE STEGANOGRAPHICA OF TRITHEMIUS MOG> There was no mention unfortunately, however, of the MOG> text you had mentioned by Iohannes Trithemius. Eh, what'd I miss? I _was_ talking about the _Steganographia_. };-] The _Polygraphia_ I can live without (did Kircher do one too?); it's a frivolous modern theory that the _Steganographia_ is cryptological as well. You've read Deacon book on Dee? MOG> However, now for the good news...well, I guess it could be good MOG> news...First of all, they have shown that they are MOG> quite open to suggestions as to their upcoming MOG> know a rich benefactor who would be willing to be MOG> your patron in this matter , or if you were MOG> able to find a group of people who were all willing MOG> to pitch in for the cause...:) :) Unfortunately, I'm the only benefactor I've got, and I can't afford me. I've already...benefacted...something over 4 grand on various bookish bits this year, and I've had to pass up some really juicy ones, like a late French _Picatrix_, and a NICE 17th century Agrippa.... (You'll find me listed as a supporting member in the back of Alexandria I, and a subscriber to_Goethe's Fairy Tale_,and.....it begins to sound like we hang in the same circles! };-]) MOG> maybe, if you could convince all of us here on this MOG> Enochian Echo that it would be in all of our best MOG> interests' to do such a thing...and to make it even Any Enochian scholar that doesn't know that Trithemius is required reading by _now_.... Well! BTW, have you heard anything about Llewellyn releasing a re-typeset _Occult Philosophy_ later this year? Caught a rumour. MOG> stated...if you do not like the idea of communicating MOG> with dolphins via electronic mail, you can use Hey, I _like_ the idea of communicating with dolphins, any which way! My thoughts on Trithemius have gone out with my subscription to the forthcoming _Magical Calendar_, along with properly suggestive queries regarding alternate scheduling! MOG> Hope some of this might have helped to give MOG> you some form of hope. :) Hope, like lust, springs eternal.... Love is the law, love under will, Az0th 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718