From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Azoth 29 Jul 93 13:29:00 Subject: Enochian and qbl UpdReq Thus said Azoth to Josh Norton concerning Enochian and qbl: Az> Hey, how about _my_ idiotic version, wherein it is written, that the Az> numeration of a letter shall be its frequency of appearance Az> in the words of the Calls? This scheme, I will note in Az> passing, gives results no less useful than any of the other Az> (probably not less arbitrary) systems we've seen. Az> Statistical Gematria..... Heh heh.... or cryptographic gematria? Maybe we've all been puzzling over God's version of those "Cryptoquips" in the daily papers, and the tablets are nothing more than spiritual versions of the New York Times crossword puzzle. Az> It's even worse than that. In at least one case where the angel gave Az> Dee numeric values, the numeration of one of the letters which Az> appeared twice in the word, was given _different_ values Az> for each occurrence. Not fair at all. Now that brings up some hair-raising possibilities....has anyone ever developed an arithmetic system in which the value of a symbol changes with its position? Gives me a headache just thinking about it. I've been having an odd intuition for quite some time now. Maybe the _words_ have values, but the letters don't? And the letters don't have any firm correspondences as in Hebrew, but pick up a significance based on the word in which they appear? I've seen at least one quote from the "angels" that implies the letters are like the parts in a Tinkertoy set...it's not what they are in themselves, but what you do with them that matters. ... Famous Last Words #24: Let's not worry about that now. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Lt. Commander Roxy Area: ENOCHIAN To: All 30 Jul 93 19:40:16 Subject: 'The Enochian Workbook' UpdReq I just purchased a book by Gerald J. & Betty Schueler called 'The Enochian Workbook' that is very interesting to me. It's a beginners book that has the teaching (in lesson form) of the Enochian Magical System. I've only just started to go through the book, but, if you follow each lesson, read the suggested books at the end of each chapter and then are able to do the questions at the end of each chapter, you've learned a lot. It seems to cover everything from the history to actual rituals. Has anyone else seen or gotten this book? I'd be interested in your opinions on it. Roxy 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mark O. Garrison Area: ENOCHIAN To: Christeos Pir 31 Jul 93 10:39:38 Subject: Re: Enochian Gematria UpdReq DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW In a message dated 28 Jul 93 19:10:16, Christeos Pir wrote: CP> Heh... are you talking about gematria in particular, or the whole CP> Enochian working in general? (For those who don't know me CP> better, I'm kidding.) CP> That'd be too easy... Anyway, if you wanted instant Knowledge and CP> Wisdom (almost said "instant Knowledge and Conversation" ), you'd CP> buy a book from Llewellyn, right? My, my! You do have a sense of humour today! :) :) MOG> A.K.A. The Book of Enoch, A.K.A. Liber Mysteriorum Sextus et MOG> Sanctus (The Book of the Speech of God). CP> So have you put together the key to a gematria yet? No, not yet, at least not anything coherent. It is a slow process, but as I have also been studying the VOYNICH MANUSCRIPT which Dee had for a short period of time while in Bohemia, I've come up with some new ideas for the deciphering of some form of numerical key from LOGOAETH. It seems that anything I come up with, as it may make perfect sense to me, is far from absolute. Well, I suppose it just may be similiar to RPSTOVAL cipher in LIBER AL...many people have come up with "solutions" that are satisfactory to themselves, but really do not do much to convince anyone else...their "solutions" are simply relative! Well, I will get back with you as soon as I have any form of "break-through!" :) :) MOG> You know, the one from which the 48 Angelic Clavicles were CP> Anyway, I'm convinced now that I'm gonna have to come up with the CP> bucks for the Causabon. Yes, indeed it is fairly expensive. ;> However, you might find it difficult to read for extended periods of time. The blockprint is difficult--as they also use the "Germanic" method of turning f's into s' and other such spelling changes...not to mention the Elizabethean English, of course... Oh well, nonetheless, I shouldn't complain...I have it open more than any other book that I have access to! :) :) Take care, until next time... Love is the law, love under will, Mark O. Garrison 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718