From: Josh Norton Area: ENOCHIAN To: Crat 26 Jul 93 11:27:00 Subject: Re: ENOCHIAN UpdReq Thus said Crat to Mark Newcomb concerning Enochian: -=> Quoting Mark Newcomb to John Dee <=- Cr> I'm curious as to your assertion that Dee was versed in Cabala. Cr> Most of the jewish kabbalistic texts would not have been available Cr> to him and there is little I've seen to suggest knowledge of the Cr> Zohar. Much of cabalism at this time would probably have revolved Cr> around gematria and notoquaria which is not in Dee. Christian Cr> mysticism of the 12th and 13th century may have roots in the Cr> kabbalah, but I haven't seen the same for Dee's works. Maybe Cr> some of the people on the echo who have read the original papers Cr> will comment also . There is some evidence that Dee was at least familiar with the concept of a Hebrew gematria. One of the sections G. James quotes from Dee is a discussion by the angels of the relative superiority of Enochian gematria versus Hebrew. However, this same section _seems_ to emphasize that only words, and not the letters themselves, can have meaning by gematria. ... No wonder you have headaches,your halo is on too tight. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Mark O. Garrison Area: ENOCHIAN To: Josh Norton 30 Jul 93 19:48:38 Subject: Re: Enochian and qbl UpdReq DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW In a message dated 25 Jul 93 12:54:04, Josh Norton wrote: MOG> In a message dated 21 Jul 93 14:16:00, Josh Norton wrote: JN> Not that I've heard of.... I'll be very interested in whatever you JN> come up with. BTW, is there a published version of Logaeth, or are you JN> working from somebody's microfilm? Figures...that is just my dumb luck! :< I will be happy to share what I come up with as soon as I can find a coherent system that makes since to anyone but me. Just like the RPSTOVAL cipher in LIBER AL, there have been many so-called "solutions," but none have been satisfactory to anyone but primarily the author. It is much the same with what I have found so far. Perhaps we end up finding what we are looking for, and no-thing else. :) However, I feel my premise is sound and I "know" that LIBER LOGOAETH has to be the "key;" now I just need to find the right pattern! I do not believe LIBER LOGOAETH has been published in whole. Various leafs have been published throughout numerous sources however. I, personally, have been utilizing second hand copies from what I assume must be the microfilm (there is no title page of origin--as with most microfilm). JN> ... "Plus ca change, plus c'est les Elephants Blanc." -- Pierre JN> Trudeau ..."and the sky is not blue!" --English translation of an ancient French Proverb as cited by my dear french pen-pal, Katherine. Love is the law, love under will, Mark O. Garrison 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718