From: Vitriol Area: ENOCHIAN To: Chen 5 Sep 92 09:05:22 Subject: Nochie voodoo UpdReq -=> Chen sent a message to Vitriol on 08-31-92 18:12 <=- -=> Re: Nochie voodoo <=- Ch> difficult time working with established "formulas" of magick. There IS Ch> only one law, right? All these other rules and formulae Ch> just seem to stiltify and regiment. Life seems much more Ch> fluid than that-- full of tangenital phrases and all sorts Ch> of things and presences and experiences that just don't FIT Ch> the map. Well, I see, and agree somewhat with, your point. I set aside any kind of CM work for many years, for that very reason. My wife, who feels even more strongly about working `naturally' than I do, agrees with you even more. On the other hand, I can see some points. F'rinstance, to use an analogy, if you only use the car for emergencies, then you'll probably not know how to drive. Also, as my film-school teachers tried (unsuccessfully) to tell me, you need to learn the way things work before making your own rules. If your natural, innate talents are such that you need no external framework upon which to build your Practice, more power to you. Many people, however, need that framework, those lessons, the structure. Ideally, the natural Magickian and the ceremonial Magickian both do the same thing, each working along the lines and methods best suited to their characters. To the one, all those formulae and stuff are stultifying. To the other, they are a scaffold without which they cannot sculpt their Work. The problem comes when some mistake the skeleton for the Body, thinking that doing Magick means measuring and quantifying and arguing about the framework. Ch> But it may just be that I've been living in the swamp for a Ch> long time where everything grows and everything gets sucked Ch> up and where you're likely to bump into more invisible Ch> beings when you walk down the street than visible ones. I sometimes wonder if there aren't more Spirits in the city than in the slob-urbs. It's as if they all fled the desecration of the bulldozers. Then too, maybe I just need to get out into the woods at night. Ch> But I digress... We're killing the world-Soul, or at least Loved your 9/92 BP piece. But then, I like them all. (All four I've read, that is.) Ch> Most of what I read on Enochian Ch> Magick seems terribly lacking in soul-- very dry, Ch> scientific, literal. Where's the PASSION?? Well, that's the picking-apart-the-skeleton aspect. The real work doesn't get written about much. There's The Vision And The Voice, and Ben's Enochian Temples, and, um, uh... Ch> rambled on sufficiently? What, exactly, did you want me to Ch> go on about? Oh, that's fine. I just like the way your nostrils flare when you get excited. ;-) ... The tygers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Vitriol Area: ENOCHIAN To: Chen 5 Sep 92 09:05:24 Subject: tit 4 tat UpdReq -=> Chen sent a message to Vitriol on 09-01-92 09:41 <=- -=> Re: tit 4 tat <=- Ch> Haven't done any Enochian tattoos, though I HAD rather Ch> thought the letters would be nice, or even the tablets or Ch> seals. It sure would be interesting to see what it would do Ch> to your life to have one in your skin Well, there's always the Sigil of Aemeth... CH> Anyway, I think I'm supposed to be writing some Ch> sort of silly intro to the BAHLASTI echo and then at least Ch> the monthly rants will be available electronically. Would it be possible to put past issues of BP in that echo? ... And the just man rages in the wilds where lions roam. ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.10 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Chen Area: ENOCHIAN To: Grendel 6 Sep 92 09:10:56 Subject: nochie voodoo UpdReq > I was considering Enochian Tatoos. or runic embeddings maybe... G> A fellow Asatru that I work with has Runes tattooed G> around his left arm in a ring. Hi! Just tattooed a bracelet around a girlfriend's ankle that consisted of a lovely, delicate vine with varied leaves and curlicued (sp?) tendriles in purples, orchids, and deep green--all wrapped around white runes. It came out really beautiful, and more importantly, SHE loves it! There are many beautiful magical alphabets that lend themselves to powerful tattoos. LOVE/WILL CHEN 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718