From: Steven Craig Area: ENOCHIAN To: Arthur Rosene 3 Aug 92 23:52:48 Subject: Re: Schuler stuff UpdReq I was under the impression that most of Schuler's descriptions of the governors, Aethyrs, etc. come from a mix of personal experience and (in the latter case) Vision & The Voice. I consider myself better off not reading the stuff, as it only can give one preconceptions; I think it is better off to enter into an operation with no preconceived ideas of what one is "supposed" to see there. The experience is unique for each. 93 93/93, Steve 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Chen 5 Aug 92 07:15:00 Subject: Re: Sch-Sch-Schueler UpdReq Cara Soror, Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. C> I don't actually use the cards in lieu of the C> Enochian Calls. I did try to keep the images on the cards simple and C> powerful so that they would enhance a person's entry into the Aethyrs When I next turn my attention to the Aethyrs, I will be using the Major Arcana to Open the Ways, together with the Key. I've applied the mix of visual and sonic stimuli in NightSide working, with marked success, but always relied on the Keys to provide access to the Enochian realms. I have found your images to be very powerful in meditation, transcending easily the purely rational cage of my mind. (BTW, if the original pastel of Zom has not yet been placed, I would be very pleased to have it in my temple.) C> states. Lately I've been using what I call "Enochian Voodoo"--actually C> started as a joke (You know, Enochian physics, Enochian Yoga, Enochian C> Cookbook, etc., etc.),but it seems to WORK! AND it's a whole lot of fun Hehe. Some of the most playful ideas bear the sweetest fruit... C> And the green and puce Nochie guys seem to like it as well. A C> merging of the Enochian system with the methods of Voodoo. Cornmeal C> ve-ve's of the squares; drum beats for spirit to walk across; and C> dancing girls for horses; The angels and elementals I treat as Loas. It must be an experience for Them, as well, to be faced not with a typically grim Magickian, but a high flying party for Their edification and pleasure! In this small backwater of fading kulture, there is, however, a regretable lack of dancing girls.... A possible correlation of Voudou and Enochiana was first brought to my attention in the works of Kenneth Grant, and Michael Bertiaux. I will admit that the darker connections evident in this material are what appeal to my understanding, but such intellectual appeal may after all be a very small part of what's _really_ there to be experienced and explored. C> I find it's a much more soulful approach, and a feeling that we are C> giving to the soul of the world even as it gives to us. I have C> difficulty dealing with modern Enochian scholars who seem so caught up C> in over-impressing each other with their exactitude. I'm certainly as guilty of such pseudo-scholarly nit-picking as anyone, though with some small sense of humour (vis, my pedantic niggling with Ben Rowe about the number of words in the Keys....) Enochiana lends itself to such intellectual recreations, as Mathers proved to everyone's satisfaction with the Golden Dawn Enochian system. That profoundly moving magickal results follow even in the wake of such complexity is probably the most remarkable quality of Enochian magick. Such may be due, as Ben recently observed, to the nature of the Angels themselves, being constrained to manifest to the magickian as they are expected. I can imagine a mathematically inclined mage calling the Mercurial Senior of Earth into the crystal as a hypersolid projection of sentient fractal equations! It's harder to imagine said senior being happy about it. };-] C> experience of the Loa can be overwhelming, but I think it takes great C> courage to face the world with soul. We have a tendency to distance C> ourselves from love through intellectualism-- there's no place for C> this in such intensive work of the soul. Oddly enough (to get back Many of us are only now awakening to the real possibilities of such a relationship. Lu really hit me over the head with my own foolishness in his CJCM essay on 'Pangenic Occultism': "Possession by loa, demons, angels, etc. is really not the issue. What most of us struggle with is possession by what is commonly known as _personality_. To the extent that we identify with our personalities, we are possessed by those limiting definitions of self." Once we begin to lose the blinders of our own ego-hood, it seems that They are only too willing to show us the wide, free world of Spirit. C> to the Calls...)-- I learned everything I know about vibrating the C> calls from Diamanda Galas!-- and SHE says that she has to acheive a C> state of Voudon possession before she can go on stage and lift her C> voice. I think the use of the voice in the Calls connects the C> individual soul with the soul of the world. Robert Sardello says in Similar, perhaps, to the use of drumming to provide the path for Them to walk? Sounds like you've had some truly remarkable teachers! And the use of the Calls in Voudou: is that a recent innovation, or does it have some history? I've used combinations of the Calls to induce altered states, with no particular reference to the Enochian entities Themselves. Such effects can hardly have gone unnoticed these hundreds of years since the Calls were given to us. C> FACING THE WORLD WITH SOUL (I'll learn how to underline soon, too...), C> "The singing of the soul was known as the music of the spheres." It looks like I've been neglecting my education, again... C> And now that OUR work is done, we will see what the Loa do with their C> porfolio...All was an active experience of humes in the role of C> intermediary between Gods and Earth. As Lu has elsewhere written, with the turn of the Aeons, Voudou becomes again the teacher of Mysteries lost to the children of the West. C> P.S. Don't forget to feed the family Loas. Now, THAT's advice I haven't heard in a long, long while. Love is the law, love under will. Azoth ... A feast every day in your hearts in the joy of my rapture. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Chen Area: ENOCHIAN To: Azoth 5 Aug 92 23:11:36 Subject: Re: Sch-Sch-Schueler UpdReq Do Thy will-- A> I have found your images to be very powerful in meditation, transcending A> easily the purely rational cage of my mind. (BTW, if the original pastel A> of Zom has not yet been placed, I would be very pleased to have it in my A> temple.) I'm glad to hear that you find the images helpful. Makes me feel good- especially after so much bad blood in the working of the project. Zom is still available. In fact two versions are available. When I first solicited Scheuler (Yes, to think I brought this all on myself!!!) to illustrate his deck, he told me that Llewelyn was going to use computer graphics for the images because it would be CHEAPER (Oh Lord-- only NOW I see the error of my ways!! I was so blind then--). I sent him slides of some of my Enochian vision oil paintings (which are very different from the pastels) and three pastel illustrations of the cards themselves so that he could see what they'd look like. He actually freaked out over them at the time and got them to sign me on, despite my lack of binary discipline. Anyway, the three originals were THE MAGUS, BABALON, and GLORY. These three pastels are larger than the subsequent original pastels, and of course, slightly different than the images that appear on the printed cards. If you are interested in purchasing either the original, or the ORIGINAL original, let me know. Christette, this is complicated... A> In this small backwater of fading kulture, there is, A> however, a regretable lack of dancing girls.... Awww... that's a SHAME. You should visit N'Awlins. A> A possible correlation of Voudou and Enochiana was first brought to A> my attention in the works of Kenneth Grant, and Michael Bertiaux. I A> will admit that the darker connections evident in this material are A> what appeal to my understanding, but such intellectual appeal may A> after all be a very small part of what's _really_ there to be A> experienced and explored. Damn. And I thought I was so clever. But you know what's wierd? I don't understand a Word of what M.B. says in THE VOUDON GNOSTIC WORKBOOK-- odd that we would come up with the same idea.Grant's fun though-- always food for thought-- and HIS math's as bad as mine! Darker connections... yes, I always find them most acessable as well. Psyche in the underworld, I guess. But lately I'm considering the implications of looking at these things from the perspective of Psyche= World Soul, as opposed to my own lock-in on personal psyche. Something about moving through this greater Psyche-- or, rather, letting IT (Her?) move through us--in order to give out to the world which is suffering so . Enochian seems to have dramatic effect in the physical. I want to apply this perspective on psyche to Aethyric realms. Internal imaging directed outward...This is somewhat the subject of my next BAHLASTI PAPERS rant-- check it out and tell me what you think. A> as Ben recently observed, to the nature of the Angels themselves, A> being constrained to manifest to the magickian as they are expected. Hmmm.. in the light of the above, interesting... A> "Possession by loa, demons, angels, etc. is really not the issue. What A> most of us struggle with is possession by what is commonly known as A> _personality_. To the extent that we identify with our personalities, A> we are possessed by those limiting definitions of self." A> Once we begin to lose the blinders of our own ego-hood, it seems that A> They are only too willing to show us the wide, free world of Spirit. Mike Ripple similarly shocked me when he pointed out that perhaps the "Thou" referred to in "Do what Thou wilt..." is the OTHER, Neteru, The HGA-- not "You",as in "Do what you want..." Presumably there are dream images, full of meaning all through our life experience. Perhaps through Enochian scrying we search these dream images, one at a time, and so slowly piece back together the smoking mirror. And then we wake up. A> And the use of the Calls in Voudou: is that a recent innovation, or does A> it have some history? I've used combinations of the Calls to induce A> altered states, with no particular reference to the Enochian entities A> Themselves. Such effects can hardly have gone unnoticed these hundreds A> of years since the Calls were given to us. Well, come to think of it, I don't really know of anyone else doing this-- except there was some rumour that California was all hot with Enochian Voodoo after I started joking about it here. I was sure there would be authoritative how-to books on the market in no time. ;-) Seems very effective to me though. Will be using this for my friend, Darius Jame's banishing/curse "spell" to celebrate the publication of his book, NEGROPHOBIA, and to send it out over the waves of the Aethyr. Will be doing a similar ritual for the opening of the Voodoo TArot show. His will call on Guedeh; mine will call on Erzulie and Damballah. Maybe you'll catch sight of them out there in Aethyr-land! LOVE/WILL CHEN P>S> Drums call the Loas. P>S> nin Have you noticed that they reversed the printing on "REASON"._SOME_ reasoning, eh? P>S> Message 61....Is Kali dark enough for you? Ta. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718