From: Darrin Hyrup Area: ENOCHIAN To: Azoth 7 Apr 92 13:37:10 Subject: Re: Enochiana Rec'd UpdReq 93 Azoth, In a message dated 05 Apr 92 15:14:30, Azoth wrote: > A> 2) Intone the Enochian, sans ersatz Hebrew vowels, with all the > A> inhuman clicking, buzzing and humming that will naturally result. > DH> I've heard someone who uses a very similiar sounding system of > DH> vocalizing Enochian. Very interesting sounding for sure! A> Is that someone working a Darkside current, perchance? I have no idea really. Hardcore enochian person, never seen them do anything but enochian workings, but could very well be working some kind of Darkside current. A> Having listened to tapes of my own calling, and failed to recognize any A> semblance of my normal human tones, I value this mode of use as being A> conducive, and responsive, to parts of my reality which partake strongly A> of the Shadow... Sounds cool! :) > A> 3) Do 1 and 2 while remaining focused on the corresponding Enochian > A> characters, to the exclusion of all else but the sound and Feel of > A> the tonal expression emanating from one's instrument. > DH> I do something much like this in my own practices. A> Have you noticed that the Enochian characters, much after the manner of A> all sigils, have a tendency to pulse (or flash, or spark: I don't think A> I have a precise descriptor) as the Keys are called? Ben Rowe describes A> something similar in his paper on the 2nd Key, where he used the 'glow' A> resulting from Calling to, in effect, psychometrize the Tablets. Hmmm... In my experience, the characters don't exactly glow. Perhaps 'twinkle' sort of, or take on a multi-hued diffraction-pattern kind of appearance. Thats close enough though I guess. :) > A> 4) Do 1,2 and 3 SLOWLY, taking Time to experience and retain > A> responsibility for one's actions in Calling. It should take > A> many minutes to perform even the shortest Call. > DH> I usually try to make my calls 'flow.' The speed that it takes for > DH> each part of a call or such is partially dependant on the part > DH> proceeding or following the part I'm working on now, and partially on > DH> what feels right at the time. I don't purposely try to go faster or > DH> slower than is appropriate. A> Understood. In exploring certain side-effects of Enochian practice I've A> noted distortions of spacial and temporal perception resulting from use A> of the Keys in a pre- and post-ceremonial meditative context. Likewise noted here. Especially when used in conjunction with tesseratic magick. :) A> My injunction to Call slowly is a deliberate attempt to override, and A> overrule, the mechanism which creates the subjective sensation of time A> passage, and takes its queues from the aformentioned distortions created A> by the Keys themselves. The overall effect is congruent with the Naropan A> Yoga of the Dream-state. Sounds similiar to some NLP techniques as well, which net the same result. A> I take your point that the usage applied must reflect the intent of the A> operator. Is there any other way? :) A> My current intent is to grab spacetime by the tail, and twist... Definately sounds interesting! :) > A> That in Enochian which renders it powerful in even the most distorted > A> hybrid forms, may be that it came from the Other side, and Like calls > A> to Like. > DH> Thats another way of looking at why it works. Makes sense too. A> Or, speaking now in the 'first person paranoid' tense, the Enochian A> material may be the equivalent of an extra-dimensional trojan horse, A> provided by the 'spirits' in order that we might do for them what they A> may not do for themselves in opening the 'gates' that they might enter A> our world. I guess that's possible. Not exactly what I imagine it to be, but since we really don't know, its definately within the realm of possibility. A> Dee did, after all, try to destroy the Enochian diaries... And we have A> no proof that, after all the time and effort expended in obtaining the A> Calls, et al, Dee or Kelly actually Used them.... Were they afraid? Were A> they warned? Were they (gasp) stopped? Hehe... Ooooooooo... Scary. :) Interesting questions all. I wish I knew the answers! A> The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Past, A> present, future - what has been, what is, what will be, all are one in A> Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where A> They shall break through in time to come until the Cycle is complete. That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die. A> _The_Necronomicon_ Yep. :) 93 93/93. Darrin 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Grendel Area: ENOCHIAN To: Azoth 7 Apr 92 19:13:46 Subject: Enochiana Rec'd Sent UpdReq In a msg on , Azoth of 1:123/15 writes: A> Or, speaking now in the 'first person paranoid' tense, the A> Enochian material may be the equivalent of an extra-dimensional trojan A> horse, provided by the 'spirits' in order that we might do for them what A> they may not do for themselves A> in opening the 'gates' that they might enter our world. Dee did, A> after all, try to destroy the Enochian diaries... And we have no proof A> that, after all the time and effort expended in obtaining the Calls, et al, A> Dee or Kelly actually Used them.... Were they afraid? Were they warned? Cite your sources for me that state that Dee tried to destroy his diaries. I have never heard anything of the kind and I am skeptical. A> The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. A> Past, present, future - what has been, what is, what will be, all are one A> in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where A> They shall break through in time to come until the Cycle is complete. A> A> _The_Necronomicon_ Too bad Lovecraft didn't ever bother to make up his Necronomicon during his life. He would have made a bundle. What is the point in spouting quotes from an originally fictional book that was written to make money off of the gullibility of people who didn't beleive it when Lovecraft and friends said it didn't exist? Wassail, Grendel 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718