From: Tony Iannotti Area: ENOCHIAN To: Jonathon 5 Apr 92 09:57:08 Subject: Enochian Fonts Sent UpdReq JO> quoting grendal to jonathon JO>GR> What'cha planning on publishing? I'm going to be working on a 'zine for JO>GR>Seattle and magick and such locally in the near future and JO>GR>Enochian fonts would help with some of it, I am sure. JO> lashtal: JO> tho if i might just switch to ventura publisher & uses the fonts JO> tony has for enochian. JO> 93 JO> jonathon The PostScript fonts should work for anything that drives a PS printer, the only catch being the files that gives width information to the applications. Those are usually specific to the application or environment (Windows handles it for most Windows programs...) and are not easily converted. Quark, First Publisher, Windows, Ventura -- all these need a file with the widths. I have width tables and screen fonts for Windows and Ventura (Herc and EGA) downloadable in the Enochian section along with the PS font itself. The Windows FON file can be used to print Enochian on dot matrix printers as well as for the screen. I also made a set of HP II fonts from the PS masters, but have mislaid them temporarily. I'll post them too as soon as they surface, or I get copies from the guy I made them for. (William Hunter). * SLMR 2.1a * We all live in a yellow subroutine. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Lady Byron 5 Apr 92 15:15:40 Subject: Kenneth Grant UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. -=> Quoting Lady Byron to Azoth <=- LB> You know, having met Kenneth Grant and been witness to one LB> particularly slimy operation that he was joined in, I tend to ignore LB> anything written by him. Perhaps that is rather judgmental, but I do LB> know the dangers of obsession. Maybe he's right for once. The Voices say there's an interesting story behind your comments.... The occasional fade in information density inherent in this mode of comm. leaves me wondering Exactly what you mean by 'slimy operation': a) immoral organization b) disgusting ceremonial c) successful ceremonial with slimy results d) all of the above Knowing what I do of Grant's philosophy and practice, any of the above is at least a possibility, though, having met neither him nor his minions, I can't, a priori, divine your exact intent. I have, however, enjoyed his several books (especially when I could understand them), and have come to rather admire his cleverness (if not his wisdom). And, buried in the extracosmic gibbering which surrounds his every utterance, there are rare pearls of arcana, tidbits of Truth without which no Leaper ought ever to dare the Old Ones' wrath... A> known to me, the _ENOCHIAN_EVOCATION_ by Geoffrey James has been the LB> Thank you! I will look for that book. Do you know the publisher? The book was published by Heptangle Books, of Gillette, New Jersey, and is, I believe, currently out of print. They still turn up with some degree of regularity, however, so I would suggest your favorite book search service, or you could try Serpents Occult. Steve and Elaine are fine folk, and could probably find a copy for you, if you'd let them know what you need. They are at (904) 760-7675 or: Serpents Occult PO Box 290644 Pt. Orange, FL 32129 LB> I thought that might be a good idea. It seems the more that is put to LB> memorization, the more powerful it becomes. And, on a more pragmatic note, the more useful it becomes. It is, for example, difficult to visualize the Northern Watchtower whose matrix permeates the Tablet of Earth, while calling its Key, and wrenching open the Gate at the same time, unless the necessary elements fall naturally to hand.... Love is the law, love under will. ... There is no law beyond. Do what thou wilt. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Azoth Area: ENOCHIAN To: Darrin Hyrup 5 Apr 92 15:14:30 Subject: Enochiana UpdReq Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. -=> Quoting Darrin Hyrup to Azoth <=- A> 2) Intone the Enochian, sans ersatz Hebrew vowels, with all the A> inhuman clicking, buzzing and humming that will naturally result. DH> I've heard someone who uses a very similiar sounding system of DH> vocalizing Enochian. Very interesting sounding for sure! Is that someone working a Darkside current, perchance? Having listened to tapes of my own calling, and failed to recognize any semblance of my normal human tones, I value this mode of use as being conducive, and responsive, to parts of my reality which partake strongly of the Shadow... A> 3) Do 1 and 2 while remaining focused on the corresponding Enochian A> characters, to the exclusion of all else but the sound and Feel of A> the tonal expression emanating from one's instrument. DH> I do something much like this in my own practices. Have you noticed that the Enochian characters, much after the manner of all sigils, have a tendency to pulse (or flash, or spark: I don't think I have a precise descriptor) as the Keys are called? Ben Rowe describes something similar in his paper on the 2nd Key, where he used the 'glow' resulting from Calling to, in effect, psychometrize the Tablets. A> 4) Do 1,2 and 3 SLOWLY, taking Time to experience and retain A> responsibility for one's actions in Calling. It should take many A> minutes to perform even the shortest Call. DH> I usually try to make my calls 'flow.' The speed that it takes for DH> each part of a call or such is partially dependant on the part DH> proceeding or following the part I'm working on now, and partially on DH> what feels right at the time. I don't purposely try to go faster or DH> slower than is appropriate. Understood. In exploring certain side-effects of Enochian practice I've noted distortions of spacial and temporal perception resulting from use of the Keys in a pre- and post-ceremonial meditative context. My injunction to Call slowly is a deliberate attempt to override, and overrule, the mechanism which creates the subjective sensation of time passage, and takes its queues from the aformentioned distortions created by the Keys themselves. The overall effect is congruent with the Naropan Yoga of the Dream-state. I take your point that the usage applied must reflect the intent of the operator. My current intent is to grab spacetime by the tail, and twist... A> That in Enochian which renders it powerful in even the most distorted A> hybrid forms, may be that it came from the Other side, and Like calls to A> Like. DH> Thats another way of looking at why it works. Makes sense too. Or, speaking now in the 'first person paranoid' tense, the Enochian material may be the equivalent of an extra-dimensional trojan horse, provided by the 'spirits' in order that we might do for them what they may not do for themselves in opening the 'gates' that they might enter our world. Dee did, after all, try to destroy the Enochian diaries... And we have no proof that, after all the time and effort expended in obtaining the Calls, et al, Dee or Kelly actually Used them.... Were they afraid? Were they warned? Were they (gasp) stopped? The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be. Past, present, future - what has been, what is, what will be, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through in time to come until the Cycle is complete. _The_Necronomicon_ Love is the law, love under will. ... There is no law beyond. Do what thou wilt. 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718