From: Darrin Hyrup Area: ENOCHIAN To: Tony Iannotti 31 Mar 92 16:54:42 Subject: Re: Theory of Enochian Rec'd UpdReq 93 Tony, In a message dated 29 Mar 92 12:09:05, Tony Iannotti wrote: > DH> However, I don't see all that much difference between the style of the > DH> symbols of Enochian and that of other medieval grimoires. Nor do the > DH> sounds of Enochian differ all THAT much from sloppy Hebrew (with a bit > DH> of latin and other barberous tongues thrown in.) Perhaps its the > DH> combination of both that does it? :) TI> I see the Enochian characters as being quite different from any of TI> the other medieval scripts, I definately agree there. With few exceptions, enochian script is unique. TI> though the sigils and impedimenta are seemingly products of their time. That is what I meant when I said the style of the symbols weren't much different from the style of other similiar period grimoire symbols. TI> The language is, to me, quite beautiful, and not at all like sloppy TI> anything (though I've had a few late-night sloppy Enochians....) Well, I meant that most people that I know tend to pronounce Enochian with either a latin or hebrew 'accent.' And I've heard quite a few different people speaking Enochian. The most unique way I've ever heard it spoken was sort of a gutteral half-scream/half-whisper kind of thing, with lots of tone and volume shifts... Very interesting. TI> I also don't think of it as barbarous at all, since it actually makes TI> lexical sense. Well, I didn't mean barbarous in the literal sense, but rather in the sense of dated antiquitous languages, like latin, greek, and to some degrees hebrew. (Not to say that these languages aren't still used, but not as common nowadays.) TI> (You know the origin of the word barbarian?) Well, the root of barbarian is 'barbaros', meaning foreign in greek. But beyond its literal meaning of of a person, thing, or idea that is considered savage, primative, or uncivilized, I have no idea about its origins. 93 93/93. Darrin 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Darrin Hyrup Area: ENOCHIAN To: Azoth 31 Mar 92 17:10:42 Subject: Re: Theory of Enochian Rec'd UpdReq 93 Azoth, In a message dated 29 Mar 92 16:43:51, Azoth wrote: A> For a different smoke, try: A> 1) Vibrate the Enochian in the manner of Tibetan overtone chant, in A> the intensely bass nasal fashion which commands resonances in subtle A> parts of the body. A> 2) Intone the Enochian, sans ersatz Hebrew vowels, with all the A> inhuman clicking, buzzing and humming that will naturally result. I've heard someone who uses a very similiar sounding system of vocalizing Enochian. Very interesting sounding for sure! A> 3) Do 1 and 2 while remaining focused on the corresponding Enochian A> characters, to the exclusion of all else but the sound and Feel of A> the tonal expression emanating from one's instrument. I do something much like this in my own practices. A> 4) Do 1,2 and 3 SLOWLY, taking Time to experience and retain A> responsibility for one's actions in Calling. It should take many A> minutes to perform even the shortest Call. I usually try to make my calls 'flow.' The speed that it takes for each part of a call or such is partially dependant on the part proceeding or following the part I'm working on now, and partially on what feels right at the time. I don't purposely try to go faster or slower than is appropriate. However, I do see what you're trying to say here. A> That in Enochian which renders it powerful in even the most distorted A> hybrid forms, may be that it came from the Other side, and Like calls to A> Like. Thats another way of looking at why it works. Makes sense too. 93 93/93. Darrin 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Lady Byron Area: ENOCHIAN To: Frater Almost 1 Apr 92 06:57:46 Subject: Evoking UpdReq FA> I think that I am starting to like a lot of you ToS FA> folks! Perchance I should write Dr. Aquino, no? Yes, if you wish. I've found him rather hard to get a hold of, except through the ToS's BBS system (open to members only). If there's something you want in the way of literature, let me know. I know someone that has all kinds of goodies. Actually, the general Temple office will reply eventually. Good luck! Lady Byron :)= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Lady Byron Area: ENOCHIAN To: Azoth 1 Apr 92 07:01:32 Subject: Meditations and Preparations Rec'd UpdReq A> In my experience, by far the greater number of evoked and evocable A> entities are purely alien aspects of oneself, snatched screaming from A> hitherto hidden recesses of one's own dark psyche { he exagerates A> slightly, pausing for effect, archly stroking his beard...} Hrrrmmm, I tend to agree. A> yes, I think so, and any damage sustained in facing oneself is well A> deserved, permanent and required. Too bloody right. HOWEVER, Well, being the nice person I am, I would hesitate to say anyone DESERVES to be blasted. But then, there is no excuse for ignorance. A> "Not only can the disembodied spirit of dead or sleeping people A> impersonate spirits and work evil by such means, but - which is A> infinitely more dangerous - extracosmic entities can masquerade A> as spirits and, if they are not banished before they can gain a A> foothold in the conciousness of he who invoked them, obsession A> follows." A> _The_Magical_Revival_ (Chapter 6) - Kenneth Grant You know, having met Kenneth Grant and been witness to one particularly slimy operation that he was joined in, I tend to ignore anything written by him. Perhaps that is rather judgmental, but I do know the dangers of obsession. Maybe he's right for once. A> BTW, in response to your earlier query, of all the Enochian sources A> known to me, the _ENOCHIAN_EVOCATION_ by Geoffrey James has been the Thank you! I will look for that book. Do you know the publisher? A> it): LEARN the letters, A> LEARN the Keys, and LEARN the tablets. This small A> feat of memorization will A> repay the effort in ways which will surprise you. I thought that might be a good idea. It seems the more that is put to memorization, the more powerful it becomes. Thanks for the help! Lady Byron 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718 From: Lady Byron Area: ENOCHIAN To: Moondancer 1 Apr 92 07:07:08 Subject: Banishing UpdReq M> Not to be rude, either, but if you are creating M> everything that comes into your ritual area, are you M> sure you are actually doing anything constructive, M> or are you just masturbating your ego? HA! I like that! I suppose, in a sense it would be, if my ego were doing the creating. However, if we're to consider that we were created by something, I suppose we would also be nothing but ejaculations of God. (Or Whomever.) Then it depends on what you consider "constructive." If the purpose is to work on your imagination and creative abilities, I would call that constructive. If it's for the purpose of creating a "demon" or thoughtform to send to someone else to carry something out, that would also be useful. I can think of tons of uses for created forms. M> Of course you can control anything you create -- the M> challenge of true magick is to test your limitations M> against redality, not fantasy.. I disagree here. I think fantasy is a very useful magickal tool. I don't particularly limit things to a definitation of "true magick." I believe there are as many definitions as magickians. Lady Byron :)= 718499927771849992777184999277718499927771849992777184999277718