POINTS OF LIGHT 928 EAST FIFTH STREET VOLUME VI #2 Brooklyn, New York 11230-2116 (718) 438-4878 Copyright 1993 by: Temple of the Eternal Light An "Omni-Denominational" Religious Fellowship .............................................................................. WELCOME ALL READERS. POINTS OF LIGHT is the monthly newsletter of the TEMPLE OF THE ETERNAL LIGHT. It is an open forum for anyone to send in articles, poetry, short, short, stories, advertising or anything else. It has blossomed into a cornucopia of fact, or fantasy relating to modern magickal living, spiritual growth and a network linking all members of our human family by a chain of fellowship. With wishes for Love and L.V.X. Rt. Rev. Jerome Peartree, Publisher Rev. Karen DePolito, Editor ****************************************************************** OPEN INVITATION TO ALL This event is open to both members and non-members. Please call a day in advance and let us know you are coming. SATURDAY, February 20, 1993 at 8:00 P.M. A GNOSTIC MASS ... The public ritual of the E.G.C. Here is an opportunity to participate in an Ancient Catholic Rite. All participants are asked to take part in the reception of the Sacraments. Sr. Arachne: Priestess, Br. Tau Ursa: Priest, Br.Amadeus: Deacon Donation: $3.00 (optional) .............................................................................. P E O P L E W A N T E D Fancy people, plain people, special people, ordinary people, fat people, skinny people, dark people, light people, young people, old people, tall people, short people, strong people, weak people, happy people, sad people, all people....... Loving people, caring people, sharing people, introverts, extroverts, white collar people, blue collar people, no collar people........ People wanting to stand upon their own mountaintop and see themselves in a divine light. JOIN US IN AN ADVENTURE THROUGH INNER SPACE: CALL: (718) 438-4878 KEEPING A DIARY. An important note. It is vital to keep a diary as you walk the path of life. This becomes an accurate record of all events that direct your changes in life. Keep it in detail. It is your "road map". I cannot overly stress the need. Write something in it daily. Should you feel nothing of consequence occurred, write that in your diary. A magickian requires a three part diary. First, a section on daily events. Second, a section in which he records every magickal ritual and endeavor. Third, a section in which all dreams are recorded. I realize you may not remember every dream. But, you can enhance your dream records by having a tape recorder or a pen and pad near your bed. When you first lie down state aloud or to yourself, "I will remember my important dreams and will awaken after each one." Your subconscious mind will hear the affirmation and will comply. ENLIGHTENMENT IS FREEDOM .... OR IS IT SLAVERY? Magickal adepts will always agree that the Universe surrounding us is a reflection of ourselves. "As above so below! As within so without!" as inscribed upon the mystical Emerald Tablet of Hermes. Neophytes are asked to meditate on these words until the entire meaning is realized. Herein is the real mystery of existence, the true secret of eternal life. Now, at this time, as you read these words, I have revealed the only universal truth. Yet, I am not the first to state this. Nor will I be the last. The words ring the bell of universal existence. Spake the Christ, "Let he who has eyes to see, let him see." I too read these words. The first time over twenty years ago. They meant as much to me then as they do to many neophytes today. But, I swore to myself, an allegiance to those words and through that oath completely changed my life. Its meaning didn't reveal itself to me through study, although I read hundreds of books. I didn't "grok" it by interacting with other people. Those relationships I have had with others bore worth of their own. I learned the meaning of those words while standing atop a mountain in California, heart filled with blackness, crying my life toward the Universe and a voice within me heard and answered. I was asked, nay, demanded, that I accept life and living on its own terms. My ego may have cried out for satisfaction and peace. But, I left my ego on that mountaintop. As I walked down into the valley an inner voice revealed to me that which I have always possessed, peace, freedom and power. Yet, with these gifts came a responsibility to others as well as to myself. I learned all life is linked, bonded to one universal source. Moreso, I began to understand why I was created in this body and what my path through this incarnation may bring. There was no possibility for my ego or anyone's ego to modify, change or affect what was to come. However, that choice originated from me...from a part of me I had not known existed. But that part controlled me, guided me and was, in fact, really me. My freedom came from that knowledge. My responsibility to myself was part of that freedom. I WAS ASKED TO LIVE. I was asked to live in an imperfect body, within an imperfect world. A world engrossed in its own Chaos with people who would, if allowed, bring pain upon me. And, as if to add to my burden, I was asked to accept this body and this world and these people as the perfect creation of a universal force that is me. I walked up the mountain with tears of sadness and came down with tears of laughter. Who else but me could create such an absurd joke? Blessed Be! Jerome A FINAL NOTE: Temple of the Eternal Light is supported by sharing people. It is at this time of the year that I request from you...our readers...an expression of continued interest in our Temple and Monthly Newsletter. As the cost of printing and mailing continues to grow and our wallet steadily declines, We, at the Temple, look to you for support. Please send to us whatever token of appreciation you wish. Anything from a dollar or two will be greatly appreciated and used to support this publication.